• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Notice how this is the only one of the big three unreleased Sony exclusives on the list? I wouldn't be surprised if Naughty Dog were able to get this out for late 2019.

Maybe this is listing is just a mistake though... Dunno.

https://www.playstation.com/it-it/

ZmpVNkr.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I honestly don't know if this was intentional or not. If you hover over the games, their release dates are displayed below. This however isn't the case for TLOU2 yet it's in the same section?

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
The target release is clearly holiday season 2019.
It will be announced when they are sure there won't be delays.
Tsushima and Death Stranding are 2020 titles.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
My bet: It'll release early 2020 but within Fiscal Year 2019, which ends March 31st, 2020. And it's been listed here as today, March 31st, 2019, is the last day of 2018's fiscal year and TLoU2 is slated to release before March 31st, 2020 within the next fiscal year.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, wouldn't be surprised if we get one more small trailer with release date, a multiplayer beta, and nothing else. I have a feeling they'll want to go as light as possible with story reveals. So a fall release doesn't seem extreme. Uncharted 4 only took so long because of the leadership shakeups.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Juggernaut game for Sony. They are gonna make sure everything is perfect before releasing this one.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So I did some digging around and it's actually listed in the Coming Soon section for the UK site too.

AZjB3PX.jpg

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
its happening bunker.gif
And the German site too... I'm starting to believe this isn't just a simple slip up tbh, are all these homepages managed as one thing? They would have had to have multiple branches intentionally place TLOU2 in the coming soon section, especially when all the other games are releasing this year.

2QIL8Ah.jpg

081.gif

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Haven't ND been hiring loads of temp jobs? That would suggest it's not too far away.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
What makes you so sure? I don't think any of these are this year.

That the internal target release is holiday 2019 there have been hints at multiple retailers in different countries and even on Sony's own marketing materials it has appeared in the coming soon section in different occasions, this is not the first time.
It's unlikely these are all mistakes.
Also TLOU2 is ''just'' a sequel, they're not trying to establish a new IP or totally reboot the gameplay which is far more difficult than making a sequel and Uncharted 4 is already a 3 years old game. Don't know why some people think that these games will take forever to be released, it's not Square Enix :P
BUT delays happen constantly so until they're confident about their release date they won't announce it. In any case if it's not Q4 2019, I think it will be spring 2020. This will be the first of the three big AAA games Sony has left for this gen to be released (although I guess that they'll make PS5 versions as well to bolster the launch lineup):

Feb 10, 2018
It's also quite odd that Sony is lumping unreleased games with released ones, if I did not know any better I would of thought Ghosts, TLOU2, and days gone were already out after watching this ad.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My friends uncle, has a distant cousin, who's wife's brother knows an insider who told him it's releasing in September 2019.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
They should announce the release date in June, right around E3, and get everyone talking about the game instead of what the other companies show at the event. Heh.

Mhj

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My friends uncle, has a distant cousin, who's wife's brother knows an insider who told him it's releasing in September 2019.

Jokes on you, my uncle's firstborn's neighbour's cat guardian already has the game, I've seen it. But it's in Japanese, you wouldn't understand, makes no sense to take picture. Also he's out of town right now sorry.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
It's pretty clear they're internally targeting late 2019. I'm expecting it to slip into early 2020 though.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It's probably aiming for late 2019, which is why they haven't gave a year. I feel a 2019, it's looking a bit light so far, so a TLoU 2 would be amazing.