• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
This game marked a new standard for WRPG games and one of the gen's best games indeed

Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077's reveal next month!!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_ovqv5j0jT41qlvxfco2_r2_400.gif

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Finished it for the first time a couple of months ago, very nice game.

Still haven't touched the DLC which people have said is very very very good too.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Top game with Horizon for me. Nothing quite beats this game's storytelling. Exceptional game that will go on as one of the best games ever, seriously.

If none of you have reads the short stories and novels, I'd HIGHLY recommend doing so. It makes the games even better.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Has it really been 3 years? We're as far away from it now as the release of TW3 was from the release of TW2 Enhanced Edition when it came out... that's crazy to me.

2077 better hurry up.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Still sitting on my shelf, haven't started it. And I loved Witcher 2 on Xbox 360. I don't know what's wrong with me lol

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
GOAT.

Are we sure CDPR is done with Witcher franchise, or are they just done with Geralt's story? I really love the Witcher's universe, and although I would miss Geralt deeply, I would love another Witcher game with or without him.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My personal game of the generation. :)

If only that poor patch history on PS4 wasn't the case. Did anybody (Digital Foundry or NXgamer) take a proper look at the newest patch and if everything works fine again?

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
GOAT.

Are we sure CDPR is done with Witcher franchise, or are they just done with Geralt's story? I really love the Witcher's universe, and although I would miss Geralt deeply, I would love another Witcher game with or without him.

They said they were done with Geralt's story, but never did they say they were done with the Witcher universe. I expect that we will see something in the 2020-2024 for the Witcher, which is obviously a time away from now lol

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when I drove to pick-up my PC Collector's Edition at midnight on 18/19th May. It was the first and only collector's edition I have ever bought. When I came back home to install the game it turned out that my CD's were broken (a lot of PC Collectors Edition CD's were broken) and I started downloading it through GOG but the servers were overloaded for like straight 2 hours. It was frustrating but I managed to start the game at 3 am or something like that and I was playing it for 15 hours or so. I loved every second of it.

It's up there with other titles as the best game ever made. Definitely GOTG.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
The main quests of both DLCs are better than the base game.
Hearts of Stone yes, but Blood and Wine, about on par actually. Some moments were cool, and they really explore some cool setting, but the lack of a stronger, central villain like HoS had brought it down a little. It's the same issue that base game had, since Wild Hunt has too little presence or development to make for a great villain, but Wild Hunt even out with really great moments too.

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Still have the GOTY edition in my backlog
May be the last PS4 game I play based on the fact I only brought it because of word of mounth

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
One of the biggest single-player games I know of with a consistently high quality, incl. the two expansions. Said expansions being great examples of the best DLC you can buy.

yasadril

Oct 29, 2017
recently started playing it again. Never finished it before but trying to complete it before cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Playing through this for the 4th or 5th time, 1st time on PC though. Just hit Novigrad, so need to start decide between Triss and Yen again soon.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3 years later and still no challengers for the throne. Oh well, maybe Cyberpunk will deliver. Here is a nice Exentryk's gif.

1435432355-w3-gif.gif

Happy Birthday, Geralt.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My personal game of the generation. :)

If only that poor patch history on PS4 wasn't the case. Did anybody (Digital Foundry or NXgamer) take a proper look at the newest patch and if everything works fine again?
I thin they claimed that the LOD is fixed back to normal? At least CDPR itself said that, but I know HDR is still funky with this game? So IDK what to do either

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
A lot of the time with anniversary threads, I think "I can't believe it's already been so long." But with this one, I more can't believe it's only been three years. It practically feels like the game has always existed for me at this point. I barely remember a time before Witcher 3.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just got back into this after dropping it all the way back when it came out (for one reason or another). I'm 44 hours in and just got to Skellige.

One thing I love about this game is how its presentation is standardized, so doing a side quest, a contract or a random event never feels jarring or makes you think that it's just filler, as it is presented with the same care as if it was part of the main quest, in regards to animations, writing, voice acting and quest content. And what a great standard it is.

Geralt is easily one of the best protagonists I've played. It's always a joy to see him interact with others and the writing is just really convincing.

One thing I also like is that important and powerful characters don't conform to mainstream expectations as far as their looks are concerned. For instance, Dijkstra being just an overweight and bald dude, but being this highly intelligent and capable master spy, it just strikes me as... mature. I don't know how else to explain it.

There's much to say, but it's better to just play this.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Game of the Generation.

But, what's that piece of shit Olgierd doing next to Lambert (at least I think it's Lambert)?

I just got back into this after dropping it all the way back when it came out (for one reason or another). I'm 44 hours in and just got to Skellige.

One thing I love about this game is how its presentation is standardized, so doing a side quest, a contract or a random event never feels jarring or makes you think that it's just filler, as it is presented with the same care as if it was part of the main quest, in regards to animations, writing, voice acting and quest content. And what a great standard it is.

Geralt is easily one of the best protagonists I've played. It's always a joy to see him interact with others and the writing is just really convincing.

One thing I also like is that important and powerful characters don't conform to mainstream expectations as far as their looks are concerned. For instance, Dijkstra being just an overweight and bald dude, but being this highly intelligent and capable master spy, it just strikes me as... mature. I don't know how else to explain it.

There's much to say, but it's better to just play this.

Yep, although a lot of the characters, such as Djiktra comes from the books. However, the developers carry this same theme from the books to their own original characters as well such as with Letho in TW2. One of the running themes of the books is playing against expectations, especially as it relates to traditional fairy tales and/or fantasy tropes.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
One of the best games ever made.
Love how they use the anniversaries to show groupshots of canon choices.