• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Usually for lunch I eat a Sandwich or leftovers depending on what's left in the fridge.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I try to plan lunch the day before hand, and I stick to a relatively common schedule all week (for example, 4 days my lunch is a salad with something and the other 3 it's carbs with something), so I plan accordingly when I do the weekly grocery run.

OP
OP
ExhaustedWalrus
Oct 28, 2017
It depends how much weight you want to lose.

If you are 100% satisfied with your weight then just eat something healthy and lunch and keep doing whatever it is that you are doing.

The key is to remember that it is a long term thing and not to try and do everything at once.

I started with half portions initially and then I was skipping lunch pretty much ever other day after 2 weeks. The first few weeks it was kind of shitty because I had some headaches and felt crappy but once I got through that I have felt so much better pretty much all the time. Your body does not need to eat nearly as much food as you think it does. But whatever it is you do just be consistent and don't try to do too much at once.
I want to lose a lot of weight. My weight has gotten out of control during the pandemic and my exercise habits are terrible. I think it's a major factor contributing to my mental health. So I want to lose a lot of weight and be more active. I will think about this, it sounds hard, but I have done it in the past when I lost a ton of weight about 4 years ago.
Eggbites are super easy to make with an instant pot but usually just buy a lot from Costco and freeze. The egg sandwiches are these things or something similar from Costco. "Eggwich | Jimmy Dean® Brand" https://www.jimmydean.com/products/delights/eggwich/

Jimmy Dean ye but surprisingly tasty. Two keep me filled til dinner.
Oh nice, I will look out for those next time I'm at the Grocery store.
It depends , everyone is different.

I did it cold turkey - it was really tough but I got through it.

I'm not sure how you would handle it, doing it slowly will absolutely help though but like I said it depends on the person.

I quit a lot of stuff cold turkey style - it was a pretty...unique experience but I managed to get through it by distracting myself with other stuff lol.

Not just stopping eating lunch but I did the same for consuming soda, coffee/tea and dairy milk.

I havent drank coffee/tea in 10 years, soda in 3 years and I stopped consuming dairy milk two years ago and juice as well. I mainly drink water and alternate between almond and oat milk.

(I guess in my own personal experience, I've had people always saying/looking down on me saying that I would never do it or cant accomplish it - one of my greatest strengths imo is proving people wrong or having the determination to prove people wrong lol).
Damn. Well it's impressive that you did that. Kudos. I can't live without coffee, but could definitely stand to cut out alcohol and diet sodas, that shit is terrible for you. I eat way too much junk food and overeat when I feel stressed.

Oct 30, 2017
earlier in the pandemic I would be so wrapped up in work that I'd forget to eat lunch. If I remembered it was either around 3pm or if it was after that, I'd just tough it out until dinner time. Bad habit but pandemic really messed with internal clocks for me.

that said, I'd either grab leftovers, a TV dinner (lean cuisine) or after I gained weight it was a slim fast for like 2 weeks before I quit that. Sometimes an instant ramen, a canned soup... I think as the weeks turn into months you have to switch things around

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I usually keep ingredients for a whole wheat sandwich or a wrap. Fill it with some eggs, quinoa, avocado/guacamole and some bell peppers plus some mozzarella and I'm good. Also, make sure you keep an alarm to remind you to get up and walk around a bit. I have quite a bit of stretch bands and use them throughout the day. Keep a stress ball around and do some mindfulness exercise to de-stress.

Oct 25, 2017
I prepare lunch for the week every Sunday. Been doing this for 5 or so years now ever since I started commuting 2 hours each way for work. It's pretty easy to prep a meal of rice veggies and beans for the week.

Nov 26, 2018
I recommend a protein and a vegetable serving for an easy lunch. Pesto scrambled eggs, Peanut butter and celery/carrots with crackers and cheese to the side, baked chicken and steamed broccoli, etc.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I usually just eat my chicken and a protein shake which is pretty much what I have when I'm in the office too.

nomster

Oct 27, 2017
This has been tough for me because though I'm saving money not going out, I don't hit the salad bar across the street 3/4 days out of five anymore and snack more around lunch time.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
what do you like to eat, OP?

I don't WFH anymore (rip, I loved it) but I meal prep for the week. This week it's ham and beans on a bed of rice with an apple and carrots on the side to help get my veggies in. It took me maybe 10 minutes of prep (chopping an onion, measuring stuff, chucking it into the instant pot then measuring it all out into containers) and it's delicious, filling and pretty healthy.

I've also done a bunch of pasta (homemade red or white sauce is super easy and you can make it in like 15 minutes), instant pot/oven proteins with sauteed veggies on the side, oats/breakfast food - it's totally your call. Prepping is a good way to make sure you aren't as tempted by fast food since it's tasty stuff that you can just pop in a microwave.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
Most days I eat breakfast in the late morning. Since my wife and I are both working from home for lunch we'll either have leftovers, a sandwich, a salad, or pick up something quick or have it delivered if we're too busy.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
WFH for the last 18mos, went on a diet back in April.

I just watched calories for the most part. My go to for the week was:

- Canned tuna fish + mayo + celery on bread. It has calories but pretty low.
- PB+J sandwich, likewise, pretty low calories depending on how much bread you use
- Measured out amounts of cereal, again to keep calories low

I still occassionally get a fast food chicken sandwich or something, but I just get the sandwich and keep it simple. The McD's one is 500 calories I think.

I'm a pretty simply eater when I have to be and I'd rather have a 300 cal PB&J than a 300 cal salad.

I lost about 15lbs from April until July, and have struggled to shed more but also haven't been as hardcore as I was then. I also got hurt and had to cut back on cardio.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Meal prep, yo.

Chicken breast and italian dressing in the instant pot
Individual vegetable steamers
Cubed sweet potatoes tossed with olive oil, baked

I have a meal plan at work, but this is what I make for my wife and she eats it every day (and what I used to eat before the meal plan).

Good carbs, a bit of fat, high protein, high fiber, and all micros from the vegetables and sweet potatoes. Around 400 calories per meal.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Skip breakfast, usually only have coffee and/or a bowl of cereal for lunch.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My usual lunch is a mix of these standards: some celery, hummus, an apple, some nice cheese, almonds and maybe some nice salami and crackers.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
It's either Just slices of bread with whatever or bake-off ciabatta.

I keep it simple.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I'm staying at my mom's for a few weeks (will leave next Saturday) to keep her company, so it's been all her these days, but when I'm in my apartment I usually make myself a tuna salad. I put tomatoes, lettuce, olives, boiled potatoes, boiled corn (you can't find in the US the kind I use here) and add the tuna. I put balsamic vinegar on it with a little bit of lemon juice, a hint of salt and pepper and sometimes to mix it up I sprinkle some furikake on it. Sometimes it's lettuce, other times it's cabbage. Ingredients are interchangeable but you get the idea.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
WFH makes it tougher since I have more food options already in the fridge, but I try to have Huel most days. It's a meal replacement, they have hot versions that just need boiling water, and a powder that's more like a protein shake. The Black version of the powder is low-fodmap and lower carb, tastes pretty decent now

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I am trying to eat better to lose some weight, and one meal I always struggle with is lunch. I don't really ever want something heavy, but I don't have the ingredients to make a salad on me all the time. I am curious what Era usually makes for lunch during a work day. Or do you skip lunch and snack? I need some ideas for healthy lunches to make during the work day.

Take my dog for a walk.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I throw a healthy wrap together every day.

i did try large fry-ups every day for a few weeks in a desperate attempt to gain weight and all it did was cause catastrophic shits

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Most of the time its plain instant oats with a tablespoon of peanut butter or whole wheat toast with peanut butter. Usually rotating back and forth between those two with the off "bad for you" bowl of Cinnamon toast crunch. I find if I went too nuts at lunch it makes the afternoon absolutely drag.

Spanic

Oct 31, 2017
US
My workday lunch is very boring. I buy the bulk salad bags and a variety of deli meats so i have either salad or a sandwich. Easy to change up the ingredients so I have not gotten bored with eating the same thing. Dinner is when i can get creative and cook something nice or have left overs.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten use to it.

In the mornings my breakfast routine is mainly

-Two slice of bread with almond butter
-A cup size of cottage cheese
-A cup of Almond or Oat milk with chia seeds
-1 (cup) of various fruit (Banana, apple, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, mango, etc)
-Water

Then in the evenings I eat

-Basmati rice
-Variety of 3 curries/side dishes (broccoli, carrot/potato, red cabbage, cauliflower, mushroom, black beans, green long beans, beet root, etc)
-Fish curry
-Water

I dont eat meat during the weekdays and only eat chicken during Sat/Sun and holidays.

I avoid fast food, junk food and red meat (beef, pork, goat, etc) and go hard on fruits in the morning and veggies in the evening.

Edit: During my lunch breaks for work - I use the 1 hour to play a game (3DS, iOS, etc).

Here's a picture of what I typically eat lol

Breakfast

-2 slices of dave's killer bread thin sliced good seed with Almond butter
-1 apple sliced in pieces
-(Not a cup) of Cottage cheese
-Cup of Almond milk with chia seeds
EsDaNA5.jpg

Dinner
-Basmati rice
-Fish Curry (Catfish) (Top left) (some parts sprinkled into rice)
-Long green beans (bottom left)
-Broccoli (top right)
-Kadala curry (center)
-Green cabbage (top center)
-Fried fish piece (Salmon) (all the way in the right)
BduGRuv.jpg
From one malu to another - you're eating like a King for dinner. That's like every kind of thoran that I like, and the catfish curry looks bomb. All I'd need is some mango pickle and papadam and I'd be in heaven.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Nothing or something light. Some fresh fruit, yogurt w/ granola, baby carrots or such. I only have proper meals for breakfast and dinner.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
It's pretty erratic for me. I might heat up a frozen burrito, or just do a lunch meat/cheese/fruit plate. Only other option might be some leftovers from the day before.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Usually just skip lunch. I get hungry if I'm bored, but if I'm in the middle of something I don't think about it.

Sometimes I might make a sandwich, salad, heat up a sipping soup, or dinner leftovers. Since WFH, occasionally I'll heat up a frozen snack in the oven since I'm not limited to a microwave.

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
Just got done meal prepping myself a big ol' thing of Mexican Rice for lunch this week. Was on the packaged microwave lunch meal life for a bit but haven't looked back. Got some veggies and pasta going last week

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Campbells Chunky line is a winner. Filling, tasty, shockingly reasonable calorie counts, only ~$2. High sodium I guess, but otherwise great.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Leftovers or sammich/something cold like tuna.

I've gotten use to it.

In the mornings my breakfast routine is mainly

-Two slice of bread with almond butter
-A cup size of cottage cheese
-A cup of Almond or Oat milk with chia seeds
-1 (cup) of various fruit (Banana, apple, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, mango, etc)
-Water

Then in the evenings I eat

-Basmati rice
-Variety of 3 curries/side dishes (broccoli, carrot/potato, red cabbage, cauliflower, mushroom, black beans, green long beans, beet root, etc)
-Fish curry
-Water

I dont eat meat during the weekdays and only eat chicken during Sat/Sun and holidays.

I avoid fast food, junk food and red meat (beef, pork, goat, etc) and go hard on fruits in the morning and veggies in the evening.

Edit: During my lunch breaks for work - I use the 1 hour to play a game (3DS, iOS, etc).

Here's a picture of what I typically eat lol

Breakfast

-2 slices of dave's killer bread thin sliced good seed with Almond butter
-1 apple sliced in pieces
-(Not a cup) of Cottage cheese
-Cup of Almond milk with chia seeds
EsDaNA5.jpg

Dinner
-Basmati rice
-Fish Curry (Catfish) (Top left) (some parts sprinkled into rice)
-Long green beans (bottom left)
-Broccoli (top right)
-Kadala curry (center)
-Green cabbage (top center)
-Fried fish piece (Salmon) (all the way in the right)
BduGRuv.jpg

I don't know why but I really want to try this.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
My wife ususally makes me a tuna sandwich or something, and I make her a latte with our espresso machine. We trade, then go back to our desks to continue working.