• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Injustice 2 developed by Netherrealm studios gave us new designs for DC Heroes and was wondering, what do folks think of them

latest

latest

145628d66a74af6a23c16c927f25c41b.png

8741866fdf26e7d4fe5ba7cf7099642d.jpg

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly very few of the DC characters did much for me.

My favorite was Super Girl, but if I'm to be completely honest? The best redesign in the game for my money is Sub Zero's, he better in IJ2 than MK9,X, and XI in my eyes.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
All I can think about in Injustice 2 is how almost all of the female characters' faces were directly stolen from real actresses without asking them.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It's a bit distracting as you can perfectly identify the celebrity they were based on.

Like, that's not Starfire, that's Zendaya, admit it.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Some of them are really good, others are bad.
I know it's a controversial take but I like the more armored style some characters have. Spandex begone.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty basic and in some cases ugly, but it's mostly due to how they were essentially bases for the gear to be applied to where you can mix and match to make whatever you like. I think MK11 did a much better job having costumes be the base for different gear combinations.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The overall designs are like those "POWER ARMOR!" variant action figures from the 90s. But they're realized very well, so it's a fair enough tradeoff.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Horrendous. MK11 is the only time NetherRealm has had good aesthetics.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
They're fine, I guess? A little more busy than I'd like but I'm mostly indifferent towards them.

The only one that ever really bothered me was Blue Beetle. But I'm not sure if that's on NRS or more just that the modern BB costume has the Batman Beyond problem of just not looking nearly as good in a 3D space as it does in when its heavily stylized in a comic or show.

maxresdefault.jpg

The face just looks weird. I don't know how else to describe it.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
The characters themselves look good for the most part but I don't care for the costume design. Too busy and grounded in realism for my taste.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Superhero body armour is lame but it's fine because Injustice is also lame going for this grounded real world take on superheroes and the damage they cause and the fear of gods flying over us and blahdeblah, so it's consistent for the characters to be designed with some measure of practicality in mind but the problems come when you're trying to apply practicality to characters with just about zero grounding in reality.

You wanna tell me fucking Firestorm the Nuclear Man is ever going to look like a normal dude with his torch head? Firestorm's goofy as shit, and he's supposed to be goofy as shit because his design ethos is in what a kid in 1978 would think a cool superhero would look like. The entire Injustice universe runs on the same philosophies that take Marvel's Taskmaster (the skeleton dude with the shield and broadsword in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 you didn't recognize) and instead of just letting him be a skeleton pirate swordsman Robin Hood they're always sticking him in tacticool armour, even though nothing about Taskmaster is cool.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles look cool as shit but they don't count because they were just airlifted from the 1990 movie, aka the single greatest cinematic achievement in history.

They're fine, I guess? A little more busy than I'd like but I'm mostly indifferent towards them.

The only one that ever really bothered me was Blue Beetle. But I'm not sure if that's on NRS or more just that the modern BB costume has the Batman Beyond problem of just not looking nearly as good in a 3D space as it does in when its heavily stylized in a comic or show.

maxresdefault.jpg

This one just sucks though and as a huge fan of Jaime it makes me irate.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Awful, I hope they drop the awful gear system from injustice 2 and have it be like MK11.
Real costumes > garbo gear.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Injustice 2 was also the last game for one of the designers responsible for the very "horny" design of early NRS games. He left mid-early development and most of his designs were fixed afterward.
So while it has overall pretty respectful designs, it also has some things that they seem to have forgot.
Like this terrible cameltoe for Supergirl, who's underage in this game.

2020-09-25_01_18_39-InjusticeTM_2.png

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Better than Injustice 1, I guess.

McFarlane is doing figures off of these designs and the only one I thought was ok was Fate. Flash just looks chunky.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017

maxresdefault.jpg

I never noticed it while playing and I played a lot of Blue Beetle but when you bring him in to focus he certainly looks like Cyber Voldermort.

I thought the character designs were mostly great, the costumes at least looked cool, not comic-bright and colored but also not too grim dark, just the right in my opinion.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
IJ2 Batman isn't that great looking but it was definitely an amazing upgrade after IJ1.

I remember finishing Arkham Knight and starting Injustice, first thing I thought was "wow Batman looks fucking horrendous".

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty good but I didn't like the "armored" look for a lot of the cast. Then again, most characters had good looking gear if you didn't like the default look.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The gear system made for some really busy, over designed costumes when you just hodgepodge things together. But I did like that you could customize Hal with different Lantern Corps logos and it would change the color of the constructs to match. That said it would have been better to just have a bunch of different skins for each character and ditch the loot boxes.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
All the guys look to blocky, it's looks worse on some more than others.
Damian looks ridiculous with his body looking like he has a bunch of coats and padding on.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Some are drastically better than others, but you can't really judge these designs by themselves since they are a base for a deep look customization system.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
one actor joking about looking like one character is certainly different than " almost all of the female characters' faces were directly stolen"

If you look at Catwoman's face and you can't see Tatiana Maslany, or Kristen Bell in Black Canary, I don't know what to tell you. It's uncanny.