Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Our own Toonami Escape Weekly Podcast, Hosted by thread regulars Grexeno, B-Dubs, and CKohler.

Other useful links:

Toonami.com
Toonami Facebook
Toonami Simulcast

jmlDc99.jpg

BsMXfE1.png

q8ll9GI.png

q5OmfIT.png
LuEXjRi.png

k3f4PNJ.png

ANFePC3.png
oPsDa56.png

yZFmgz4.png

1R383by.png
pergwBP.png

K1KPxCc.png

XGOWtAU.png
gV0Do6T.png

jmlDc99.jpg

Show end dates. Through currently announced episodes. Does not account for unannounced marathons, etc.

The Promised Neverland (S2): June 19
Dr. Stone: Stone Wars: July 24
Food Wars: The Third Plate: August 7
Attack on Titan (rerun): August 21
Dragon Ball Super (rerun): September 4
Black Clover: October 2
Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon: December 4
My Hero Academia (S5): October 23 (estimate)
Naruto Shippuden: June 1, 2024

|NovDec17||JanFeb18||MarApr18||MayJun18||JulAug18||SepOct18||NovDec18|
|JanFeb19||MarApr19||MayJun19||JulAug19||SepOct19||NovDec19||JanFeb20||MarApr(pandemic)20||NovDec20|
|JanFebMar21|

Last edited:

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Ah new thread with that new thread sm-

*sees Promised Neverland S2 on the horizon*

No.

This place smells of sadness and fear.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
new thread, sweet

so I had heard that some people were kind of disappointed in how the Promised Neverland manga had wrapped up

and I thought "well this is a good opportunity for the anime to maybe smooth some things over and have a more satisfying conclusion"

apparently

that is not the case

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
If anything, season 2 of The Promised Neverland exasperates issues present in the manga.

What people should know about the upcoming season is it's not that different from what we got in the manga, it's just omitting a lot of the good stuff.

Kinda makes me wish they had done something really wild.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
From the bits I saw of TPN S2, It's not that it went totally anime original. It's more like they took the general outline of the manga story and decided to do a any% speedrun to the ending, cutting out most of the build up to a final stretch that already wasn't that satisfying.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the Adult Swim April's Fools thing if you are curious (thread)

This is probably the best one

Last edited:

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I wish April Fools was on Saturday. I want Toonami Jr. Though I guess Attack on Titan Junior High is an actual thing that exists already.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
todays-my-birthday-happy-guy-while-death-is-counting-down-years.jpg

Though, now I am as old as when Jesus rose again so take that, Death!

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Birthday BBboy20.

Slowly but surely, this thread is becoming less young men....and more old dudes.

Just a bunch of old dudes.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
nWb6IHb.jpg

Episode 239 "Alan Smithee"
In this week's episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and BBBoy20 discuss Gabi being eaten by a horse, goth food Aizen, Iris having no powers, Damnatio Kira, Dynazenon, and Madera's bullshit.

Audio:

Timecodes:
0:00:34 What we're watching/playing
0:04:02 News (AoT Final Season continuing)
0:06:35 Attack on Titan
0:12:58 Food Wars
0:19:14 Fire Force
0:27:20 Black Clover
0:32:44 SSSS: Gridman
0:38:23 Naruto Shippuden
0:45:37 Weekly Episode Ranking
0:54:34 TPN Season 2 Discussion
1:03:38 Sign offs

Visit the website:

Subscribe in your favorite podcast app using this address:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Was really bummed I couldn't ask to be on the podcast due to work deciding I had to work during spring break aside from today & tomorrow. One of the few times I felt like I would've had fun discussing the shows.

Meanwhile, still have no idea if I'll get to keep my TV via discount by apartment & it's suppose to be gone in a few days, aka it's up in the air if I can't even see Toonami this weekend or if they'll wait to get rid of my internet & TV right on Sunday 12:01 a.m. At the very least, I can probably just use Charter's app to live stream the block.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Jetstream isn't even their first go at streaming!

TOONAMI REACTOR, which was pretty much just the latest episodes of DBZ (the Gohan in highscool episodes before their tv premiere ) and Star Blazers. Watched a bunch some sleepless nights during my junior year of high school. It came back a bit later with episodes of Record of Lodoss War TV!

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
You know, despite it being the millionth replay and season one kinda sucking, especially on repeated viewing I wouldn't mind at all if Demon Slayer was replaced by AoT Season one. They could basically run it straight through and have it right near the end by the time the final season part 2 is ready for dubbing.

Oct 25, 2017
You know, despite it being the millionth replay and season one kinda sucking, especially on repeated viewing I wouldn't mind at all if Demon Slayer was replaced by AoT Season one. They could basically run it straight through and have it right near the end by the time the final season part 2 is ready for dubbing.
this

Shingeki should just come back

and be a mainstay

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
How is Balan Wonderworld real?

I'm looking at it.

I'm seeing it in action.

It can't be real y'all.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
How is Balan Wonderworld real?

I'm looking at it.

I'm seeing it in action.

It can't be real y'all.
Apparently didn't even sell 2,100 copies during its debut, meaning it wasn't in the top 30 chart. Didn't help it came out the same day as a new Monster Hunter.

This is gonna be a strong case for how demos actually do more harm than good at times.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
watches first episode of Edens Zero fansubbed
there's a
"Wow" sound effect during a fanservice moment

All is right in the world

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently didn't even sell 2,100 copies during its debut, meaning it wasn't in the top 30 chart. Didn't help it came out the same day as a new Monster Hunter.

This is gonna be a strong case for how demos actually do more harm than good at times.
to be fair they didn't manage to build any marketing hype.
The screw up with the flashing lights drew more talk about the game then the entire time between it's announcement and when that started to get talked about lol.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, either there's just nothing on, or I'm just in one of my phases where I feel apathetic towards anime. Maybe i'll come in for TPN?

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
to be fair they didn't manage to build any marketing hype.
The screw up with the flashing lights drew more talk about the game then the entire time between it's announcement and when that started to get talked about lol.

They reunited two of the creative forces that game the world Sonic and failed to capitalize on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.