• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
launch is a woman, she is not allowed to be useful after her initial arc

thus say-th the rules of being a woman in dragon ball who did something at one point, to then be shelved and/or be too busy being a mom to partake in major fights again

Also I just learned the Kaguya OVA is out & dammit Funimation, put it up on your site.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
launch is a woman

she is not allowed to be useful after her initial arc

thus say-th the rules of being a woman in dragon ball who did something at one point, to then be shelved and/or be too busy being a mom to partake in major fights again

Also I just learned the Kaguya OVA is out & dammit Funimation, put it up on your site.

Bulma out here bucking all the trends

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Bulma out here bucking all the trends
Which is kinda funny given she's the only one who didn't really fight.

Meanwhile, yay for SMT Nocturne coming out tomorrow, but no idea when I'll actually start it given I'm barely gonna make it to GS after work since they close right as I'll be returning to town. It'll (hopefully) be my first true SMT game as I didn't get far in SMT4 & finally motivate me to try out Digital Devil Saga & Devil Summoner on my PS3.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I know I said I don't like to hammer on a work too hard, but the main characters of TPN are trying to find demons, that appear to travel mostly underground, by following migrating birds.

Migrating.

Birbs.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
cZXuRSa.gif

Launch wtf he just came back to life

Dragon Ball is GREAT

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
hope we get part 6 relatively quickly Part 4 and 5 have really made me like the series(never really watched older parts outside of maybe catching an episode or two when they were airing late on AS)

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I get press releases from TMS for some reason

LOS ANGELES (May 26, 2021) – TMS Entertainment USA, Inc. today announced the upcoming release of LUPIN THE 3rd PART 6 with the first teaser visual and trailer. The series is set to premiere October 2021 and will be broadcast on television stations such as Nippon Television in Japan.

Making its anime debut with LUPIN THE 3rd PART 1 in 1971, LUPIN THE 3rd is a highly acclaimed media franchise created by Monkey Punch. The series follows the adventures of the world's greatest thief Lupin III who is the grandson of famed French master thief Arsène Lupin. The franchise has spawned six television series, over ten theatrical releases, and 27 feature-length TV specials.

Together with Daisuke Jigen, an expert marksman, and Goemon Ishikawa, a master swordsman, and Fujiko Mine, the cunning temptress, Lupin travels across the globe to rob the world of its most valued treasures whilst always staying one step ahead of Inspector Zenigata and his Interpol agents. The teaser visual and trailer for the PART 6 have been released to the public upon the announcement of the series.

teaser69k2a.jpg

The key visual was created by character designer Hiroki Marufuji. Accompanied by the catch phrase, "Lupin, Villain or Hero?", the key visual uses black, white, and red tones to create a highly contrastive depiction of Lupin's face and serves to highlight the duality and nuances of Lupin's complex identity.​

Engulfed in a painted white light, the right side of Lupin's face, depicts a familiar carefree and gentle Lupin. The left side on the other hand, shows a face obscured by shadows, and provides a foreign and unique look at a more callous and colder Lupin.

[About LUPIN THE 3rd PART 6]

Introduction

His name is Lupin III. He is a gentleman thief whose grandfather was the renowned phantom thief Arsène Lupin.

When it comes to the art of thievery, there is nothing Lupin III cannot steal; whether it be jewels, works of art, hidden treasures, the secret to immortality, or the heart of a pretty girl.

Lupin's partners are Daisuke Jigen, a great gunman; Goemon Ishikawa, a master swordsman; Fujiko Mine, a devilishly clever femme fatale. There is Inspector Zenigata, a relentless ICPO officer, consumed with an obsessive desire to apprehend the masterful thief.

2021 marks the 50th anniversary of the animated series, and thus Lupin is at it again!

The new LUPIN THE 3rd PART6 series is set to unfold with the theme of "mystery" with Lupin and the gang thrown into the modern age. What could be their next target?

LUPIN THE 3rd is an action-packed, yet comical and eccentric story, featuring a band of uniquely complex characters. The animated LUPIN THE 3rd series builds upon Monkey Punch's original comic, and over the years, as a franchise, have continued to touch and captivate fans throughout the world. The various iterations of the animated LUPIN THE 3rd franchise have been developed to contain the essence and atmosphere of the eras in which they were produced.

To celebrate the 50[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary, various titles have been made available for digital purchase.

Staff

Original Artist: Monkey Punch
Director: Eiji Suganuma
Series Composition: Takahiro Ohkura
Character Design: Hiroki Marufuji
Music: Yuji Ohno
Animation Production: TMS Entertainment
Production: LUPIN THE 3rd PART 6 Production Committee

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Part 4 had some great stand alone episodes but the main plot was eeh. Part 5 has the reverse where the main plot was great, but the stand alone episodes overall weren't as good save for some exceptions.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
So we may be getting both Part 6's simultaneously

Next teaser for JoJo's is probably by July much like with Pt. 5 - after the medicos merchandise company imparts its one last event with it next month

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I finally updated the OP, sorry for lingering on that a bit.

Do we know how many episodes MHA season 5 is? (aka when will it end?)

I recounted all the other ending dates so those should be good.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Every season, after season 1, has been 25 episodes.

This season will probably be the same.

Thanks!

That said, here are the ending dates. I finally feel like the schedule has gotten relatively back to normal now that the pandemic seems to be tapering off (in the US).

The Promised Neverland (S2): June 19
Dr. Stone: Stone Wars: July 24
Food Wars: The Third Plate: August 7
Attack on Titan (rerun): August 21
Dragon Ball Super (rerun): September 4
Black Clover: October 2
My Hero Academia (S5): October 23 (estimate)
Naruto Shippuden: June 1, 2024

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone expect Toonami to get through all of Shippuden when it started on the block?

Tenumi

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Two more years and we'll match/exceed the length of the run of the original Toonami. That's so hard to believe. Time sure flows differently as you age...

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
WeTibCw.jpg

Episode 247 "Mysterious Anime Dying Disease"
In this week's episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, Seda, and Moara discuss the arrival of Class 1B, Gen's pig latin, the taste of freedom, TPN's low bitrate, an entire episode of SAKUGA, and Tobi's Timespace jutsu.

Audio:

Timecodes:
0:00:55 What We're Watching/Playing/Reading
0:13:47 My Hero Academia (and a little One Piece)
0:26:47 Dr. Stone
0:34:29 Food Wars
0:42:40 The Promised Neverland
0:55:34 Black Clover
1:07:01 Naruto Shippuden
1:14:46 Weekly Episode Ranking
1:16:40 News (Block time shifting, BC Season 4, Upcoming Fena Panel, Lupin Part 6)
1:32:28 Closing and Sign offs

Visit the website:

Subscribe in your favorite podcast app using this address:

Oct 25, 2017
I was just reminded that the villain in the latest SAO season died the exact same way as Yoshikage Kira.
Like it's straight up plagiarism.

Oct 25, 2017
My Hero Academia One's Justice 2 is getting a second Season Pass. Did the game really do that well to warrant one?
I think its Namco Bandai's new strategy for anime games since it and Naruto Shinobi Strikers have been consistently releasing new characters every few months since launch. And we keep buying the characters ^_^

online in both games is pretty active too. (One's Justice does new weekly events)

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played most modern Sonic games.

I remember playing Sonic Unleashed, thinking the normal Sonic sections were alright, and then getting to like the second Werehog section and audibly saying "Man, fuck this."

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Colors was "let's take what worked in Unleashed & expand upon it." Hell, I still have the silly hat that was a pre-order bonus for the game back on Wii. I really look forward to replaying it after 10 years. Plus it's out 2 weeks before my 30th, so that'll be a neat early gift for myself.

I keep thinking to myself I should give Unleashed a replay one of these days, but fuuuuuccccckkkkkk Eggmanland & I lose all desire because I never want to deal with that stage ever again. The werehog stages would've been way more tolerable if they were cut down by half, some just drag out way too long.

I wish Generations got a sequel, though seeing how they somehow screwed up the classic Sonic physics in Forces, maybe I don't want that.

If anything, I really wish the GBA/DS titles got re-released. I think for the GBA titles, it's a weird publishing rights issue as they were on the Wii U VC in Japan but not the US. For some reason, THQ published the games here, so I'm guessing it's like when Sony had to use the European version of Ape Escape 2 for PS4 due to Ubisoft publishing the US version.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I want a 3d sonic with Sonic Blaze and Shadow as the playable characters

Status
Not open for further replies.