• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So how likley is it that Jujutsu Kaisen gets the Toonami treatment? Because I saw the first episode, and Zan likey.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Toonami will try to go out of their way to get it. It's the hottest new shonen right now and when was the last time they didn't get the current mega popular shonen anime?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The thread about MHA/Black Clover/Demon Slayer is wild.

The OP is also right. The one of those three shows I enjoy the most is, without a doubt, Black Clover.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Just because you enjoy it more doesnt mean its better though.
Demon Slayer is a top ten snooze aid for me, It got me sleepy during its premiere timeslot on TOONAMI!
MHA has some great episodes, but for whatever reason it never really stuck with me. I think I preferred it when Young Midoriya didn't have powers.
Black Clover, well, it's like athlete's foot. It itches and will only go away with medication, but its also attached to me currently. Damn athlete's foot.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I feel ranking shonen anime is like ranking fast food joints.

Like what you like.

As long as it's not KFC, Sweet Christ, have some standards.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
MHA would be a lot better if it let the girls do anything other than try valiantly only to fail

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
OG Dragon Ball

Current One Piece

Fist of the North Star

Hajime no Ippo

Baki the Grappler

Fairy Tail

Whatever else I'm seeing on Wiki as the best selling shonen manga

Obvious joke answer that doesn't fit with the rest

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
All these shows you guys are listing are either things that have aired on Toonami or are decades old lol

Oct 25, 2017

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently according to this reddit thread sony might have F'd up and put up the demon slayer movie early to watch on the PS4 (not on PS5 tho) store. Pops up if you search mugen. $13 you have choose between sub or dub. Don't have a ps4 to check but reddit comments and a few tweets are saying it's legit. No idea how long it'll stay up.
So the Demon Slayer: Mugen Train movie is apparently available digitally on the Playstation store RIGHT NOW (at least on PS4) : anime (reddit.com)

You don't even need the PS4, a PS5 user can use the video app to buy it lmao, they fucked up

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I don't see DeMarco passing up on the latest shonen megahit. I don't see JJK being the only show of that nature he's unable to get either

But Momo is soooo strong! She needs an exposed belly button for reasons! You'll be ashamed of your words and deeds.
Her quirk doesn't even do a good job of excusing the outfit.

I get the midriff, but why the giant boob window? You'd think she'd have an exposed back instead, since that would provide the biggest skin surface area for her quirk.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the Demon Slayer movie. If you don't know, this is straight up adapting arcs from the manga. It's not its own separate thing. So we'll see what that means come the next season.

Generally enjoyed it, but I think it suffers from that same problem the show did, in that characters often talk to explain their actions when direction alone could probably fill the audience in.

To sum up a few other things, Pig good, Pig real good. Zenitsu honestly pretty quiet after the beginning. He actually doesn't do much. Nezuko is there.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the Demon Slayer movie. If you don't know, this is straight up adapting arcs from the manga. It's not its own separate thing. So we'll see what that means come the next season.

Generally enjoyed it, but I think it suffers from that same problem the show did, in that characters often talk to explain their actions when direction alone could probably fill the audience in.

To sum up a few other things, Pig good, Pig real good. Zenitsu honestly pretty quiet after the beginning. He actually doesn't do much. Nezuko is there.
how is fire boi tho

Oct 25, 2017

Get excited, the One Piece killer is back.

its so annoying that it takes half a decade or more to get OVAs in America

The Tokyo Ghoul: Jack OVA received a limited engagement in select theaters in Japan in September 2015, and then shipped on home video in the same month. The OVA adapts original creator Sui Ishida's Tokyo Ghoul: Jack prequel spinoff manga.

Tokyo Ghoul: Pinto is the second video anime in the Tokyo Ghoul anime franchise, and it shipped in December 2015. The OVA adapts the third story in the Tokyo Ghoul: Hibi novel when Shū Tsukiyama and Chie Hori met when Shū was in high school.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for that Yu Yu Hakusho OVA that came out a few years ago to be dubbed

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for that Yu Yu Hakusho OVA that came out a few years ago to be dubbed
yup.
saddest part is while a lot of the voice actors have stopped voice acting since Yu Yu... most of them also were in the Fruits Basket dub and came back to do that... so... they should do YUYU as well.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
iirc they did announce they were going to dub it, but who knows how long it will take

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, just as I was arriving to see Demon Slayer, got a call saying I got hired for a new job at a provisionary.

Hot damn, it feels so good knowing I can leave my current job.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Good news, next episode of Fire Force has some pretty neat sakuga.

Bad news, it's a very Tamaki focused episode.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I should be surprised Netflix got the upcoming Sailor Moon movie. (Movies maybe?)

Mars is the best Sailor Scout.

Status
Not open for further replies.