• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
You know honestly Miguzi was a pretty decent block. It didn't compare to toonami but it was pretty good for a kid's action/comedy block

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
SX8lOJk.jpg

Toonami Escape Podcast Presents: The Toonami OP March Madness

The Toonami Escape Podcast crew have narrowed down every new Toonami era OP into a random bracket of 64 to battle to see which is the best new Toonami OP ever. This episode is all of round one and includes clips from all 64 competing OPs. Next week will be the remaining rounds and the announcement of the winner.

Listen to the Round 1 Episode (3 hours and 45 minutes)

Visit the Toonami Escape Podcast website to subscribe to future episodes.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally dated

The wait is almost over. Funimation and Aniplex of America have announced that the record-breaking film Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train will officially hit theaters in North America on April 23.

That's right, soon you'll be able to experience the action-packed cinematic epic subbed and English-dubbed in theaters nationwide in the United States and Canada, including in 4DX and IMAX formats! Tickets go on sale starting April 9.

In addition, the film will also be arriving on digital video storefronts on Apple TV, Microsoft Store, Vudu, Google Play*, PlayStation Store, and Amazon beginning June 22. Pre-orders for the digital version go live on April 26 on Apple TV, Microsoft Store and PlayStation Store.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Finally dated

The wait is almost over. Funimation and Aniplex of America have announced that the record-breaking film Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train will officially hit theaters in North America on April 23.

That's right, soon you'll be able to experience the action-packed cinematic epic subbed and English-dubbed in theaters nationwide in the United States and Canada, including in 4DX and IMAX formats! Tickets go on sale starting April 9.

In addition, the film will also be arriving on digital video storefronts on Apple TV, Microsoft Store, Vudu, Google Play*, PlayStation Store, and Amazon beginning June 22. Pre-orders for the digital version go live on April 26 on Apple TV, Microsoft Store and PlayStation Store.
Hell yeah i wish i had a 4dx theater near me :(. IMAX is cool though! Last theater movie was My Hero Academia at the end of February 2020, this is a fine choice to be my first movie back. We should easily be over 200 million doses administered by late April, i'm already fully vaccinated, lets fucking go, Demon Slayer saves the theater industry again

Oct 25, 2017
Finally dated

I'm not going to a theater any time soon. So I have to wait till fucking JUNE? Are you fucking kidding me?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I keep forgetting Shonen Heart is from Eureka 7...because I first heard it from Ouendan 2.

Edit: Finished the podcast & hearing the songs that I either forgot about (FMA:B) or never heard (Black Clover & Shippuden), it reminds me that I tend to not care about like 80% of OPs because they do nothing for me, & I imagine not having the visuals for some doesn't help. Then of the 20% of OP I do care about, half of them got snubbed.

Though damn, I completely forgot about Soul Eater's 1st OP & how damn good it is.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Early consequence of the AOL/Time Warner merger. TOONAMI's demographics in the early 2000's were skewing older and older, while their ad sales were for younger kids for those time blocks. So they decided to follow the ad sales, eventually moving TOONAMI to saturday evenings before rebranding it and turning the old TOONAMI into Miguzi, a younger "anime/action animation" block.
Tom: Well... they are kinda cute.

It was a weird addition, but it didn't stop me from watching it.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
i forgot to make a new thread for march
making quarterly threads probably makes more sense anyway

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
So I gotta take the next few weeks to read every volume after six so I can pretend to be outraged when the anime "fucks things up"

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
www.siliconera.com

10 More Free Play at Home PS4 Games Will Be Given Away in March

Sony announced the next round of free Play at Home PS4 games, which will include Horizon Zero Dawn, Rez Infinite, and three PSVR titles.

Even if you don't have PSVR you should likely snag those games too. Astrobot and moss are great and thumper and Rez are nice in VR.

The PS5 will be getting an improved VR headset that might appeal to you after it releases even if VR doesn't appeal to you right now :P

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like this is replacing Gridman, but that's at 2:30 so either Fire Force will get pushed back or they're gonna do more to swap the schedule around.

www.siliconera.com

Sony announced the next round of free Play at Home PS4 games, which will include Horizon Zero Dawn, Rez Infinite, and three PSVR titles.

Even if you don't have PSVR you should likely snag those games too. Astrobot and moss are great and thumper and Rez are nice in VR.

The PS5 will be getting an improved VR headset that might appeal to you after it releases even if VR doesn't appeal to you right now :P
I've been meaning to get Astrobot & Moss, so I'm really happy about this. I have Rez and highly recommend it. Thumper may not be my type of game despite being a rhythm game fan.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like this is replacing Gridman, but that's at 2:30 so either Fire Force will get pushed back or they're gonna do more to swap the schedule around.

I've been meaning to get Astrobot & Moss, so I'm really happy about this. I have Rez and highly recommend it. Thumper may not be my type of game despite being a rhythm game fan.
if you have PSVR (which you would need for Astrobot and Moss) give thumper a try in VR. it at least looks cool in VR :P

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well, TPN will certainly be fun to watch in a group lol

Might be the most a series tanks in the rankings

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
The first three/four episodes of TPN S2 are really good. I've only seen one or two episodes beyond that and... well... that's where it deviates MASSIVLY from the manga.

I'm legit curious to see where it actually goes so it coming to Toonami is okay with me.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
So here's the line up. Fire Force & Black Clover getting pushed back:

Toonami April 10 Lineup:
12:00AM – Dragon Ball Super
12:30AM – Attack on Titan
1:00AM – Food Wars!
1:30AM – The Promised Neverland
2:00AM – Fire Force
2:30AM – Black Clover
3:00AM – Naruto: Shippuden
3:30AM – Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

...least I can go to bed after Fire Force & don't have to take a break to wait for the last show I want to watch like with Gridman.

if you have PSVR (which you would need for Astrobot and Moss) give thumper a try in VR. it at least looks cool in VR :P
Yeah, not only do I have PSVR, but I have the adaptor so I can use it on my PS5, which should allow for better performing games.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the weekly reddit threads and seeing the rating trends have been fascinating
image003qojkk.png

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017

...oh boy...

www.siliconera.com

Gonna be claiming the VR games and waiting mid to late decade to finally play them. Hahaha

Maybe I should claim that R&C reboot title despite the supposed issues it has.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Birthday to Toonami!

As for TPN, I guess I get to see what all the commotion is about. I enjoyed Season 1, will be truly a shame if Season 2 drops the ball but I haven't read the manga so I guess I'll have to see how obvious the changes are and how I feel about them as someone who has never read the manga.

Oct 25, 2017
So here's the line up. Fire Force & Black Clover getting pushed back:

Toonami April 10 Lineup:
12:00AM – Dragon Ball Super
12:30AM – Attack on Titan
1:00AM – Food Wars!
1:30AM – The Promised Neverland
2:00AM – Fire Force
2:30AM – Black Clover
3:00AM – Naruto: Shippuden
3:30AM – Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

...least I can go to bed after Fire Force & don't have to take a break to wait for the last show I want to watch like with Gridman.

Yeah, not only do I have PSVR, but I have the adaptor so I can use it on my PS5, which should allow for better performing games.

Food Wars ought to be pushed back and newer stuff moved earlier. Weird scheduling.

Should have put Demon Slayer up front instead of super to build up hype for the movie...

Status
Not open for further replies.