• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
While we're sitting here wondering what went wrong, if you've enjoyed Harley Quinn I cannot recommend MODOK on Hulu enough.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Let's see if the episodes keep on repeating or if they play the right one. Time for even more Harley Quinn.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to pop in to see what the reaction to not getting Jojo Part 6 was like in here since its been a long time for me but now I see they're doing a HQ marathon last night? Have they just shifted their programming to other things besides anime or was that just a deal because they're all owned by the same company?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I had seen a lot of but not all of Harley Quinn S1 and some of S2, those final three episodes of S1 included so that goof with the finale is definitely lame for anyone who hadn't seen it yet. Went back to more Catherine: Full Body since that finally arrived (a double dip after owning the original, felt owning the Switch version of the update would be more convenient but sadly no limited keychain for me), only found out about the last episode getting skipped by catching the end of the West Coast broadcast.

Netflix locking down JoJo Part 6 also sucks.

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to pop in to see what the reaction to not getting Jojo Part 6 was like in here since its been a long time for me but now I see they're doing a HQ marathon last night? Have they just shifted their programming to other things besides anime or was that just a deal because they're all owned by the same company?
Netflix has deep pockets.
Toonami will never get Flaccid Pancake now.

Oct 25, 2017
Stone Ocean got Netflix jailed? Damn...
It sucks because weekly Jojo discussions are just as important as watching it. With Jojolion ending next month, it's a weird time to be a Jojo fan.

Oct 25, 2017
thought the marathon is just a one night thing and regular anime returns next weekend

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Props to Demarco I suppose for just coming out and saying, "Yeah, Part 6 ain't happening here."

Gotta rip that band-aid off eventually.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
It does make me wonder how & when the dub will be shown. Toonami basically was the dub premiere before hitting blu-ray. Not to mention, given the fact anime like Baki had to get a re-dub for its home release, will the same happen with Part 6? Did Viz just let Netflix have streaming rights while they have the rights to dub it? Are they gonna have the uncensored versions right from the start, or will it be the same as the Japanese broadcast version?

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
so the series about prison life is sent to netflix jail.

i... i just can't hold all this irony.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

I know Arcade was a medic, but starting to see why the Enclave couldn't exactly restore order to the wasteland.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Props to Demarco I suppose for just coming out and saying, "Yeah, Part 6 ain't happening here."

Gotta rip that band-aid off eventually.

Unfortunately, Netflix got the deep pockets and Toonami's budget is still getting slashed. Probably better for me since I don't have cable but it sucks that the place where JoJo got elevated won't air Stone Ocean.

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been watching clips comparing the Yu-Gi-Oh 4Kids dub to The Abridged Series (thanks algorithm), and along with learning how many of LK's jokes were based on actual dialogue (he doesn't use the disclaimer all the time), it brought up a really baffling dub change.
Following Jounichi's loss to the Ghouls (Joey's loss to the Rare Hunters), he got despondent and didn't want to face his sister getting her operation. This lead to Yugi, Anzu and Honda searching for him. Honda eventually finds him and has a heart-to-heart, even punching him in a "pull yourself together" way. But apparently, that was too much (even though you don't really see the impact) so the entire conversation was cut, and what we got was an awkward moment where Tristan drives by Yugi and Tea and says "I got Joey, I'm heading to the hospital".
Of all the weird 4Kids dub changes, this one just amazes me at how bad and awkward it is. Yet it's never brought up as much as the Dark Energy Discs or Helmepplo's Hammer Gun.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
They are definitely making a Bleach Boruto and finishing off the original series anime is just step one in Bleach's comeback.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Hi my name is Strawberry and this is my son Blueberry

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I like how because Orohime being kidnapped/Aizen being defeated took like one day real time they don't even need to move the setting into the future. They spent ten years on one day so almost all of the events of Bleach took place in...2003ish.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
So a friend of mine and his gf just finished SAO. He didn't believe me about the Super AIDS.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
*dead asleep at 4am, suddenly springs out of bed, wide awake*

WAIT, HOLD THE FUCK UP, what if Netflix gets the new Bleach anime?

Is that a blessing or a curse!?

It really sucks though.

Yeah, it really does suck. Jojo wasn't always my jam, but it was a show that if nothing else, usually provoked unique and interesting reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.