• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Now that we got peak numbers for the weekend Total War surpassed 190K concurrent players. This is probably as high as it will go. This also makes it biggest Steam launch this year.

AC2X6Fr.png

w5Z8kSd.png

If we remove few of those games that were free and reached high numbers because of idling it is possible that Total War is in Top 15.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Makes me desperate to upgrade PC.

Really glad its a success because i love the time period, and was afraid that would deter some people

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Total War: Loads o' Moneh

Ayyyy I see Kathy Rain and A Story About My Uncle on there too, good for them, shows the free bits helped a ton

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Huge hit in Korea and China if Twitch numbers are anything to go buy, and since the game is really well received the usual crowd is probably showing up and even garnering new people.

Really impressed with the polish, it looks great, the campaign is very well done, the UI is on point... And obviously the slick localizations in all these languages with full VO, they knew what they were doing.

PrismStar

Oct 27, 2017
There are some unexpected games in the top 20 for sure.
I mean Kathy Rain, Kholat, Braveland...? I guess they were free for a time?

zon

Oct 28, 2017
Really impressive numbers. Is the game less buggy than the average Total War release? I was planning on waiting a year or so before buying it due to previous experiences.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Really impressive numbers. Is the game less buggy than the average Total War release? I was planning on waiting a year or so before buying it due to previous experiences.

Yes, it's one of the best in recent years when it comes performance and QoL. CA pushing back the release date really shows, it's extremely polished.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I would be curious to know if creative assembly is sega's most profitable developer. It seems like they pump out high quality titles frequently that sells well.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that we talk about all the "big" games coming out all year and it looks like Total War Three Kingdoms will be one of the biggest games of the year. Not just for PC, but for all games coming out this year.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Makes it all the more funny when people try to dismiss these games as not counting as PC exclusives because they are 'niche strategy'. Three Kingdoms is amazing.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
OOF. Looking at these concurrent numbers.. the game must be near selling 2M copies on Steam or if not 2M then 1.5 at the very very least.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
It's interesting that we talk about all the "big" games coming out all year and it looks like Total War Three Kingdoms will be one of the biggest games of the year. Not just for PC, but for all games coming out this year.
That would be a dream! I find it weird that here on ERA there are so few strategy gamers. It is disheartening seeing just a couple of people active in my threads.
No wonder Sega holds Total War in such high regard as a brand.
Sega has also shown a great deal of restraint, there are no weird microtransactions in any of their strategy games (with the exception of CoH).

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
would it be weird to say that Sega Europe might have the best sellers out of all of Sega?

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
I'd buy it but i still haven't finished a single Warhammer 2 campaign hahahaha so I should focus on that.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
would it be weird to say that Sega Europe might have the best sellers out of all of Sega?

It's not weird at all.

Football Manager 2019 is also the fastest selling title in the franchise.

No wonder Sega holds Total War in such high regard as a brand.

Creative Assembly is a 560 man studio and a PC-only strategic series is paying the bills and making profits every year.
That's a big accomplishment for SEGA Europe.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone use Fanatical to buy Steam keys and if so any issues? That's where I found the best price for this.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really played one since the first Rome, but I bought this and have been loving it. The hero unit mechanics with Romance mode are really fun to see in this style of game.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
It's not weird at all.

Football Manager 2019 is also the fastest selling title in the franchise.

Creative Assembly is a 560 man studio and a PC-only strategic series is paying the bills and making profits every year.
That's a big accomplishment for SEGA Europe.

im feeling so bad Relic isnt pumping high selling, quality games like they used to. Their output is more my taste and they've consistently put some of the greatest games ever made, continually. I mean, Homeworld, Homeworld 2, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, Dawn of War 2. They're addon-s were goty material, i mean Dark Crusade even won expansion of the year from gamespot, ign or smth like that if memory serves. Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts.

I really miss that Relic

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, but its not sleeper. Its an old, well regarded franchise that sells millions upon millions. Its a huge, mainstream franchise.

We always have this conversation with series like this. It comes up with Civilization, too, which is also a big mainstream seller that gets treated like some kind of niche thing around here.

Total War is a juggernaut.

im feeling so bad Relic isnt pumping high selling, quality games like they used to. Their output is more my taste and they've consistently put some of the greatest games ever made, continually. I mean, Homeworld, Homeworld 2, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, Dawn of War 2. They're addon-s were goty material, i mean Dark Crusade even won expansion of the year from gamespot, ign or smth like that if memory serves. Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts.

I really miss that Relic

Yeah, it's a real shame Dawn of War 3 ended up like it did. I hope they can gather themselves and get back to it, because as someone who leans more towards 4X/TBS than RTS I still really love CoH and Dawn of War 1/2.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Sega is on fucking fire this month on Steam. Two big hits with Kiwami 2 and Three Kingdoms, and I'm sure Sonic Racing's performance wasn't anything to scoff at.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone use Fanatical to buy Steam keys and if so any issues? That's where I found the best price for this.
No issues, works fine. It's where I bought my copy from, got a steam key instantly.

That would be a dream! I find it weird that here on ERA there are so few strategy gamers. It is disheartening seeing just a couple of people active in my threads.

Sega has also shown a great deal of restraint, there are no weird microtransactions in any of their strategy games (with the exception of CoH).

I've played around with the total war games before but for some reason three kingdoms click swith me in the way other ones haven't. It could be the setting perhaps. Happy this game is doing well.

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
From what I've heard it's one of the best Total War games ever released. I'll definitely pick it up at some point just don't have time for it right now.

I'm still bitter about Rome 2 though... That game should have been a favorite of all time for me.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Era has always been a very console focused forum no doubt. "Niche PC franchises" don't have a lot of mindshare around these parts.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes it all the more funny when people try to dismiss these games as not counting as PC exclusives because they are 'niche strategy'. Three Kingdoms is amazing.

That's really odd considering how long the franchise has been around (and increasingly popular since the first Rome).

More importantly, there aren't many bigger publisher exclusives on PC these days to begin with...at least let PC have Total War! lol

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
This is actually the first total war game I've bought since shogun 2.

The setting is doing wonders for it