• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
My launch Switch is the family Switch and my wife and two kids have accounts with save data on it. If I get a new Switch Oled how smooth is the transfer process. I'm particularly worried about Animal Crossing Saves. My wife would kill me if I lost all of her progress.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
  1. Download the AC transfer tool on your current Switch
  2. Transfer the user account to the new Switch using the feature under settings. Just follow the prompts normally
  3. Transfer all other users in the same manner (after doing one it will prompt you if you want to add others)
  4. Download the AC transfer tool and AC on the new Switch
  5. Open AC transfer tool on old switch and sign in with the details to your main account you're using on the new Switch
  6. Open AC transfer on the new Switch and do the island transfer
  7. Remove user from old Switch

It's straightforward if you follow those steps and the prompts that the Switch gives in each case. I did it a couple of days ago for 6 accounts and my AC island.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
It depends if your old Switch will stay as your wife's or the new one will.

If the new Switch will be your wife's: login with her account on the new Switch, download the AC transfer toll on both and follow the instructions.

If she stays with the old one, just login with your account and transfer your saves to the new one either locally or through cloud.