• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Universal Studios Hollywood Reopens to Sold Out Crowd

Universal Studios Hollywood reopened on Friday to a sold-out crowd.

Universal Studios Hollywood reopened on Friday to a sold-out crowd. The popular Southern California theme park had been closed for more than a year due to the pandemic.

The entire opening weekend sold out, according to a park official. For the moment, Universal Studios is only open to California residents. The theme park reopened Friday with strict new health and safety measures in place at a greatly reduced capacity, per state guidelines.

"We are incredibly thrilled to finally be able to open Universal Studios Hollywood, return team members to work and welcome guests back to enjoy our amazing rides," Karen Irwin, President & COO, Universal Studios Hollywood said on March 30 when the reopening announcement was made. "It has been a very challenging year and we are overjoyed to have arrived at this moment."

Universal Studios, like all other major theme parks in the state, was forced to close its doors last March as the pandemic rocked the globe. However, the CityWalk portion of the destination has been open since last summer.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
This may end up being the best way to experience theme parks. Drastically reduced capacity means shorter lines, right? You could spend your day at the park going on rides instead of standing in line.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This may end up being the best way to experience theme parks. Drastically reduced capacity means shorter lines, right? You could spend your day at the park going on rides instead of standing in line.
Yeah my wife really wants to go to Disneyland before they bump up capacity.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I'm genuinely excited to ride a Secret Life of Pets ride someday. How the hell did they manage to pull that off?

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017

Not really. There are a lot of closed rides/shows that suck up a ton of people. I think they are at 30% capacity now and most days the parks only reach 50-60% capacity during normal times.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Not really. There are a lot of closed rides/shows that suck up a ton of people. I think they are at 30% capacity now and most days the parks only reach 50-60% capacity during normal times.
That's surprising, but I can believe that.

Once time I was at Disney World and staying on site, so we got to do the "extra magic hours" for an hour or so after the parked closed to most people. It really spoiled me, since the lines were so short.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised. It's been closed for over a year, and is reopening with 1 new ride (Secret Life of Pets) and 1 significantly updated ride. (Jurassic World)

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017

I work at Universal Orlando and I would say the park attendance is around 20k. Two weeks ago I walked through Hosmeade in IOA and it was hard to move with how packed it was

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
That's surprising, but I can believe that.

Once time I was at Disney World and staying on site, so we got to do the "extra magic hours" for an hour or so after the parked closed to most people. It really spoiled me, since the lines were so short.

I was at the Orlando version a few weeks ago. There actually wasn't much closed and this was "reduced capacity" lol

8OAAV1M.jpg

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Wow, so even "greatly reduced capacity" still means "way more people than should be there"

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I work at Universal Orlando and I would say the park attendance is around 20k. Two weeks ago I walked through Hosmeade in IOA and it was hard to move with how packed it was
Orlando doesnt have remotely the same limits.

universal ca's current limit is like barely over 3000 people. That's nothing.

Last edited: