• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Anyone picking these up? Universim releases today in about 3 more hours and Two Point Hospital releases tomorrow.

Universim looks to be an awesome Populous clone mixed with Age of the Empires. God sim genre hasn't had any big games in a long while and this looks to cover my need for one. Edit: This is launching in early access.

Two Point Hospital is also filling my need for a great Tycoon game, made by the people who made the first Theme Hospital and Black & White among others. This one has me super hyped.

Just wondering if anyone else is diving into either of these.

Last edited:

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
i am so fucking hyyyyyped for Two Point Hospital.

I really hope its good, after the last major sim game i was looking forward to turned out trash (Jurassic World Evolution)

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Holy shit, Two Point is out tomorrow? I completely forgot about it :O

I'm definitely getting that one, it looks really good from the few vids I've seen. Are there any reviews out there yet?

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Looking forward to Two Point, though I may have to wait for a sale/discount. Not heard much about Universim but I loved Populous back in the day.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Ohh Shit The Universim releases today!? I backed this game ages ago and have been receiving updates but didn't know it was so soon!

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Universim is coming out? Holy crap. That's been on my wishlist for years. Any new gameplay videos?

Two Point Hospital is day 1 for me.

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Sorry should of mentioned they are PC only. Just got home waiting to install Universim, and the hype has me all.
giphy.gif

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
There was some drama on 4chan about this, this ex Total War dev now youtuber was trying to pubicly shame the devs for not giving him a review code.
2lwvcpx.png

On topic is this like Spore? Loved that shit when I was younger

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, is The Universim finally getting a release? I remember watching its first trailer back when the Kickstarter campaign launched and being in complete awe. This is great.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like Universim is releasing in Early Access today, so still not the full game. I may wait until full release.

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Yeah Universim is releasing in early access and doesn't have all the ages in yet. Two Point Hospital is a full release.

There was some drama on 4chan about this, this ex Total War dev now youtuber was trying to pubicly shame the devs for not giving him a review code.

On topic is this like Spore? Loved that shit when I was younger

No it's more like Populous. You play as a god trying to help your people build up while protecting them with your god powers. They will be under attack by the elements, animals and rival tribes.

Last edited:

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Will be getting Two Point Hospital if reviews are solid (I think they will be) before their 10% offer ends.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Universim looks really cool caught my attention this past month. I don't really play on my PC anymore and I still hope they are considering console ports. Will be checking back to see how well it does.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Never heard of Universeim until now. I like this strategy renaissance. Although my laptop won't run these or very well. Only C+C seems missing now. And Dungeon Keeper. And SimCity. Fuck you EA!

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm really in for Two Point. Modded Theme Hospital is great and all, but it's so old now that it's needed something like this.

I'm glad it still has that classic tongue in cheek British humour too.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Shame about the Universum trailer spoiling things like that. Would have been amazing to have that as a surprise while playing. Oh well, it still looks interesting.

Two Point will be great.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Both games are right up my alley so I'll probably end up with both of them eventually. If Universim was more complete I'd get that first, so I'll probably check out Two Point Hospital first.

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Universim Twitter says 30 more minutes.

Edit: oooOOooo Two Point Hospital preload is up, I mean it's only 1.5gb but still ooOOoooo.

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Game is live 2.6gb downloading now I'll post thoughts after I play it a bit. Looks like right now the game starts from stone age and goes to industrial.

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Also holy crap Strange Brigade that coop shooter from Rebellion the Sniper Elite guys also came out today! Too many games and not enough time!

Oct 27, 2017
Just preloaded Two Point Hospital. Hopefully it does well enough for them to consider doing a spiritual sequel to Theme Park.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Two Point is coming a tad too late :( it would have been perfect for the summer... but know there is F1 2018 ...

Deleted member 11421

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also holy crap Strange Brigade that coop shooter from Rebellion the Sniper Elite guys also came out today! Too many games and not enough time!

Had a lot of fun with it last night. Also bought both games in the OP. Also just got Yakuza Kiwami 2. Also have Dragon Quest XI and Spider-Man next week, and some new PSVR games, and and and...

I wish some of these games came out mid-summer. I can play a bunch of games at once, but I'm about to enter overkill mode.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Backed The Universim years ago, will get to it when it's proper out.
Might get Two Point, if it gets a couple more than that in reviews.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I have never heard of universim but I love the idea and the look. And it's linux native so I'm in.

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
Really interested in Two Point Hospital as a fan of the old Theme Hospital. I'm still waiting for reviews though, which still aren't out yet.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, did Two Point really sneak out there or do I just not follow the PC scene close enough? I feel like I've only heard it mentioned once since the announcement window.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope both of them are good, I've been waiting for good games in these genres for ages. At least for Dungeon Keeper clones we had Machiavillain recently.

As far as god games go, the best modern experience I had was Reus, and that was years ago. Quite different from Populous too (which, in a bubble, is not a bad thing, as Reus was legit great).

OP
OP
Rygar 8Bit

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I really hope both of them are good, I've been waiting for good games in these genres for ages. At least for Dungeon Keeper clones we had Machiavillain recently.

As far as god games go, the best modern experience I had was Reus, and that was years ago. Quite different from Populous too (which, in a bubble, is not a bad thing, as Reus was legit great).

So far loving Universim put about 4 hours in and have only gotten a little ways into the tech tree.

LordAmused

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I'm worried about Two Points Hospital because in any gameplay/screenshots I've seen, it seems impossible to build a second floor.
Kinda reminds me of SimCity 2013 before it released. I'm cautious.

Oct 27, 2017
I have Two Point Hospital pre-ordered, and I'm really looking forward to it.
I love Theme Hospital, so I'm obviously ecstatic with a spiritual successor by some of the team behind the original game.

As for Universim, I would give it a try, but considering it's launching in Early Access (so it's currently incomplete), and it's already locking new customers out of content (there's buildings with functionalities, a planet, and more, which are exclusive to Kickstarter backers), I'm giving it a big pass.
If they release the currently "exclusive" content later on, I may consider getting it. Otherwise, at best I'll give it a try if it ends up in a cheap bundle.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I backed Universim on Kickstarter in like 2014 I think, crazy that it's only just coming out now. I own it already so will have a play.

DOATag

Oct 25, 2017
Canada, eh?
Two point is pre-ordered, hope it lives up to the hype.

Universim looks interesting but Ill wait on it. Too many early access games ive played and then burned out on before the game is released.