• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
The fucking reason why Dominos retired him was because some guy named Kenneth Lamar Noid thought their commercials with the mascot were directly insulting him? So in return he held some people hostage at a Dominos and they made him pizza?

The article about the demise of the Noid

Said commercials:

My mind is blown.

Anyways, do you guys still eat at Dominos or nah? I think their pineapple pizza is pretty dope.
DTHwL4mWkAEIwIH.jpg:large

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's pretty sad and bizarre.

I think I ate at Dominos once and it sucked. But I don't really like pizza most of the time.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
The fucking reason why Dominos retired him was because some guy named Kenneth Lamar Noid thought their commercials with the mascot were directly insulting him? So in return he held some people hostage at a Dominos and they made him pizza?

And then later committed suicide because of it.

That's when Dominos stopped using the Noid as a mascot.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I never knew this, i thought they just retired him

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Pretty lame, Noid is one of the greatest mascots of all time, much better than their shitty pizza.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I never wanted to avoid the noid, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders taking those poor dominos pizzas out of their misery

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Anyways, do you guys still eat at Dominos or nah? I think their pineapple pizza is pretty dope.
Nah. I mean, I do. But I don't go out of my way to buy it (or buy it at all). Only if someone else orders. And I begrudgingly say yes because everyone else nay'd The Hut.

Pizza Hut all day, every day.

I just like more cheese less sauce rather than vice versa. Plus, you can't beat stuffed crust even to this day. Or the P'Zone.

But I would still eat their pineapple pizza anyday. 🍍 🍕

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Even if I wanted trash fake pizza, there's better options than Dominos.
(yes i am an east coast usa pizza snob type)

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
in the year 1980 the noid was living in New York City where he was shot and killed outside his apartment by mark david chapman

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
now that i think about it i might be confusing the noid with singer/songwriter john lennon

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
As long as we're talking about the Noid, I wanna bring up the unauthorized sequel to Yo Noid.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Wow, wait...what the fuck? I was a kid in the 80s and I remember the Noid of course, but I had no idea about the hostage situation or the fact that this man took his own life because of his fixation on the Noid. Damn...

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Not sure how good their pizza is, but their pasta bread bowls were/are pretty good.

The true crime angle of the Noid is one of the most bizarre bits of trivia there is. Like, if it wasn't true, no one would believe it.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Dominoes was ass for a while and then sometime in the 2010s they changed up ingredients and how the pizzas were made, much better after that.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Stoned and hungry at home? Don't want to drive to the pizza joint and feel paraNOID? Call Domino's for delivery and avoid the NOID.

Dhx

Sep 27, 2019
Dominoes was ass for a while and then sometime in the 2010s they changed up ingredients and how the pizzas were made, much better after that.

Exactly. I never seek out Dominos, but it's perfectly acceptable since the ingredient revamp. And the prices are absurdly low.

Last edited:

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I really dislike Dominos. Their sauce and regular crust is gross. That said, I really, really like ordering a BBQ Chicken Bacon Pan pizza with extra cheese.

Oct 27, 2017
Dominoes is foul. I've said this before, but I got a couple for free when they were available on the T-Mobile Tuesday app. My kids asked me to never get one again because the pizza tasted like sweaty socks they said.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Yeah was gonna say The Noid has been back for a little bit now