• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Damn you guys are really good! After about an hour or so playing my top score is 41 lol. Game is a blast though and i'll def be picking it up. Have enjoyed all the WarioWare games and this looks to be no exception.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
My high score is 65* right now. If I get anything higher I'll post a pic but I'll keep trying. It gets crazy and I shit my pants when I'm post 50 and get Kat

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure you can choose either one when you choose which 3 characters you want
Not in the demo. You can only pick them individually when trying out their controls

I don't expect it to be an option in the full game because they're supposed to spawn on their relevant sides. They're already by far the hardest characters in the demo and having them start on the wrong side would make them even harder. Maybe it will be an option in single player only, with Ana spawning on the right side, but that would be more than a little confusing to play in its own right and seems like a lot of extra work for a feature not many people would use.

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Fuck Kat and fuck leave the candy

anyhow, this is the first demo I ever actually pre-ordered through. The game was day-one regardless, but yeah.

Excited for online mode as well.

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I was always gonna buy a new Wario Ware so honestly I didn't even pay proper attention to the trailer, so playing this demo really surprised me to the new approach. I really like it. I don't think there was much left in the old formula, so this is a very welcome change. I kinda hate the character models and don't see why they couldn't be 2D, but that's really my only complaint so far, can't wait to see what the full game is gonna bring.

Interesting, I think they're super well done. It was one of my larger worries before playing the demo, but I think they're pulled off very well and I enjoy the slight 3Dness to them

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Yeah Ana is for P2,it's written on the official website

"(Only available in 2-player/Variety Pack mode)"

It's the same for Dribble&Spitz:

character_600x600_dribble.png
character_600x600_spitz.png

Dribble is for P1,Spitz for P2.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
The demo was super fun and addictive. I never really played a WarioWare game before, the mini-games seemed way too simple for me but I really like the character switching mechanic here, it keeps you on your toes. I'm still not sure if chasing a high score is enough for me but the game is on my radar now. We need more silliness in games, most releases are too serious. It's video-games.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
The demo was super fun and addictive. I never really played a WarioWare game before, the mini-games seemed way too simple for me but I really like the character switching mechanic here, it keeps you on your toes. I'm still not sure if chasing a high score is enough for me but the game is on my radar now. We need more silliness in games, most releases are too serious. It's video-games.
keep in mind the demo didn't have boss fights which we know are confirmed thanks to the E3 footage from Threehouse. Bosses can be pretty challenging especially later on in a run when they are presented in harder variations (think of the ball bouncing game, the lowest difficulty is the soccer ball, then there's the volley ball, then Rugby, then Saturn)

Obscure

Oct 27, 2017
Having a blast with the game but I feel some of the characters play the same.

Cricket and Kat, for example. Literally jumping but Kat shoots our stars.

Also, Mona and Wario as well.
I think there are still some significant nuances. Compared to Wario/Cricket you sacrifice free control with Mona/Kat in order to increase your reach thanks to the ranged attacks.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, I think they're super well done. It was one of my larger worries before playing the demo, but I think they're pulled off very well and I enjoy the slight 3Dness to them
They work and play just fine, but I have a real aversion for things becoming 3D when they used to work so well in 2D.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow…extremely pleased with this demo. Was worried about the whole character-based way of doing things, but after playing it I think it may be the opposite of what I assumed. It actually expands on the microgames rather than limiting them.

Unexpected, very good call to put this demo out. The series' rep had been a little shaky lately. This feels like potentially the most exciting WW take since probably the original, which is a pretty huge thing. Crazy fun co-op.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many featured spotlights are in the demo? I've already unlocked all the demo characters. Highest score I've reached is 36 with three characters and 30 with all demo characters

edit: Disregard my question. Did one more run with three characters and got a high score of 50 and it repeated the first spotlight

Last edited:

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Played for another hour or so, my high score is now 77 for 3 characters (Wario/Young Cricket/Mona) and 74 for all 6 characters. This game is so addicting!

EDIT: 78 for all 6 characters now.

Last edited:

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know if there are several "bigger" sidegames again? The intro referenced that bird game i remember playing for hours in Smooth Moves. The main menu in GiT doesn't seem to have room for any bonus stuff so far :/

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Really fun demo, I'm sold. Being able to play as the characters is great, and the way each character changes how you play each minigame is brilliant. The game cycling through your team of three or cycling through the whole cast at random really keeps things fresh. The latter can be especially challenging, and I find myself tensing up when it's Ana or Mona's turn... although I *also* find myself choosing these characters when I assemble my own crew -- I like the challenge they provide, and the element of mastery to figuring out how to clear certain stages with them.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Fuck Kat and fuck leave the candy

anyhow, this is the first demo I ever actually pre-ordered through. The game was day-one regardless, but yeah.

Excited for online mode as well.
What exactly is the online mode? Like is their online co-op at all? Looking at the Nintendo Store page, it seems the online's stuff is lite...but idk. I might have missed something.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
What exactly is the online mode? Like is their online co-op at all? Looking at the Nintendo Store page, it seems the online's stuff is lite...but idk. I might have missed something.

"Wario Cup" is the online mode, where challenges are posted weekly and you compete to get the highest score (which is calculated based on speed, combos and number of microgames cleared) to earn in-game rewards. For example:

Switch_WWGIT_2021_eGDP_WarioCup_SCRN.jpg

So, no - all multiplayer is local only.

I can't imagine playing WarioWare online; any lag and it'd be ruined. Then again, I suppose the option would be appreciated.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
"Wario Cup" is the online mode, where challenges are posted weekly and you compete to get the highest score (which is calculated based on speed, combos and number of microgames cleared) to earn in-game rewards. For example:

I can't imagine playing WarioWare online; any lag and it'd be ruined. Then again, I suppose the option would be appreciated.
Yeah, one of my homies was disappointed at this, but to me, the game is purely reflexive, unlike a Mario Party which is moderately based on reflex required minigames, so it didn't really phase me.

Peekles

Jun 18, 2020

Do we think you will need an online subscription for this?

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Do we think you will need an online subscription for this?

To quote the US website:

A rotating weekly challenge where players can win trophies to earn in-game currency. By turning on Ranked Mode***, players can also fight their way up the leaderboards against players worldwide or friends that are also playing the game.

***Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online play. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online

This seems to imply that participating each week does not require a subscription, but to join the rankings you will need one. The Japanese website for the game also says something to the same effect (translated with DeepL):

In order to participate in the "Wario Cup" ranking, you need to subscribe to "Nintendo Switch Online" (fee required).

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I think Online Versus would probably work, but co-op would be tricky.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Fun little demo, its a good twist on the warioware formulae.
I feel like wario quietly has one of the better supporting casts of any ninty character, they're all just super charming.

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Woah. These party modes are super cool. I figured they were one-off distractions, but they really turn the game on it's head and create a cool framework for returning to microgames. The air hockey one is sick.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Played for about an hour with my wife and got a high score of 12. Don't think this one's for us.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Fun little demo, its a good twist on the warioware formulae.
I feel like wario quietly has one of the better supporting casts of any ninty character, they're all just super charming.
Nah it's still got a huge Captain Syrup shaped hole missing. They should bring her back as a competent rival who keeps trying to steal his employees

stepee

Jan 29, 2018
Okay maybe it's because I was ran over by a truck a couple weeks ago and the percocet and pain makes it hard to focus but I can't seem to find an answer to simply this:

I have a Switch Lite, can I fully play the single player without needing to buy/use joycons? For some reason when this was announced I thought that said that you needed to use joycons to play it on the lite, but is that only for multiplayer?

I was SUPER bummed that I wouldn't get to play this because I can't buy a regular switch just for one game (and playing a game with a joycon with the lite propped up sounds terrible) but I downloaded the demo just to see and it seems to work just fine? So I actually get to play this after all?!?!

PixelsByNight

Apr 22, 2019
USA
Okay maybe it's because I was ran over by a truck a couple weeks ago and the percocet and pain makes it hard to focus but I can't seem to find an answer to simply this:

I have a Switch Lite, can I fully play the single player without needing to buy/use joycons? For some reason when this was announced I thought that said that you needed to use joycons to play it on the lite, but is that only for multiplayer?

I was SUPER bummed that I wouldn't get to play this because I can't buy a regular switch just for one game (and playing a game with a joycon with the lite propped up sounds terrible) but I downloaded the demo just to see and it seems to work just fine? So I actually get to play this after all?!?!

Yeah, you can play this on a Lite. For multiplayer, they would need their own joycon, or play wirelessly with a 2nd Switch.

Adahel

May 28, 2018
Spain
In general, Kat is a very hard character for most of the demo microgames (windmill, candy, jewels, etc...) because of the always jumping mechanic, even more when things start to go faster.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Really looking forward to the Wario Cup rankings feature, I think that's PERFECT for a game like this.

GabriocheXD

May 27, 2019
Leave the candy with a friend is just impossible, lol.

If my 6,5 yo daugther knows how to communicate who's going on that one or on the windmill one, I'm sure you and your friend can deal ^^ The trick is to decide before starting who's going to act on what, but this might not be feasible in the full game depending on how they mix the microgames...

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Some of these reviews are disappointing. Metro GameCentral is usually one of the first I look for on the Metacritic list.

metro.co.uk

WarioWare: Get It Together! review - buyer beware

Mario’s money-grabbing nemesis arrives on the Nintendo Switch with over a hundred new microgames and a host of multiplayer options.

Still, I can't ignore how much I loved the demo.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Some of these reviews are disappointing. Metro GameCentral is usually one of the first I look for on the Metacritic list.

metro.co.uk

WarioWare: Get It Together! review - buyer beware

Mario’s money-grabbing nemesis arrives on the Nintendo Switch with over a hundred new microgames and a host of multiplayer options.

Still, I can't ignore how much I loved the demo.
The review is basically "It does not use motion control, or touch screen or anything like that that Switch has", which is a respectable opinion if you were expecting something similar to DS or Wii, but in this case they have gone in another direction.

It seems they were expecting something more like 1-2 Switch.