• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
My brothers.

Glad to know more persons who know about Creamy Creations around here. Here in North México (border with TX) we have HEB (San Antonio is around 2 hours from here), so we get this amazing ice-cream here.

Question. How much is it in the US? Here is around $6 USD half-gallon. A little bit more expensive than other brands, but totally worth it.

Always had Blue bell but ever since moving to my new home - H‑E‑B is literally half a mile from home - noticed they had their own ice cream and been a fan since lol

Pint is $1.73 and half a gallon is $4.68 in my area (one of the suburbs in the Houston area)

Oct 25, 2017
Widely available I think like a chocolate chocolate chip is my favorite

But the local joints here in Denver got some good and unique flavors. Had chocolate babka the other day, so damn good

Oct 25, 2017
México
Always had Blue bell but ever since moving to my new home - H‑E‑B is literally half a mile from home - noticed they had their own ice cream and been a fan since lol

Pint is $1.73 and half a gallon is $4.68 in my area (one of the suburbs in the Houston area)
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to know if I was overpaying too much, but I guess the $1.30 USD extra I'm paying in import fees is worth it.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
brown-butter-bourbon-truffle-ice-cream.jpg

Tillamook is awesome as well.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Never even thought of that. Do you just put fat milk and sugar in it along with vanilla or another flavor and press a button? :)
Pretty much. You need a bag or two of ice and a box of rock salt/ice cream salt (to make it go below freezing) plus your recipe ingredients. It will be like soft serve ice cream out of the maker. It's so good. The best recipes have eggs in them.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cookies and cream for an everyday kind of flavor. I'm sure there are better special flavors from individual creameries.

alekth

Mar 2, 2019
I haven't had that in ages, but it's the only one I think of as wanting to taste again.

malaga-icecream-flavor.jpg

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I love Japanese soft serve vanilla. I don't know why, but it seems creamier than in the US.

In lieu of that, Tillamook is king with this being my current favorite:

kYFWG2O.png

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Chocolate chip mint and oreo are both fantastic.

What was even more fantastic was the two mixed together.

4cYrMmm.jpg

It's not made any more, unfortunately, though that didn't stop me from sending messages to the company to bring that little slice of heaven back.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Birthday Cake and Blackberries from Salt and Straw and fortunately it's currently the one month of the year where you can get it!

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
im so basic. i just get Target Brand Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

also the mermaid flavor slaps too.

GUEST_5df86186-af6f-49a5-9f8a-c4ce6e6eb45a

Oct 25, 2017
sw1w1kV.gif

I love this shit. Vanilla ice cream base with peanut butter cups and a swirl of fudge. It's everything I want in an ice cream.

Jun 24, 2021
Soft serve serves its purpose and its cheap but it's the McDonalds of Ice Creams. Good for what it is but almost every other hamburger is better than McD.

As for favorite ice cream flavor? Gimme mint chocolate chip or cookies n' cream, I'm basic like that.

the_bromo_tachi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I used to be a simple man and only ate vanilla. Now, pistachio is the best. Especially love Uchi cafe's pistachio. But besides that, I really do miss having a large selection of ice cream flavors...Japan doesn't have much.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Some of my favorites:
  • Sweet Resurgam - burnt sugar almond flavor from Gelato Fiasco up in Portland, ME.
  • B3 - brown butter brown sugar brownies. It's very good.
  • Everything from these guys. Seriously, my family went 3 times during our trip to Italy; it was amazing. I can't remember the name of my favorite flavor, but it had a cookie in it.

OP
OP
Tailzo

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I used to be a simple man and only ate vanilla. Now, pistachio is the best. Especially love Uchi cafe's pistachio. But besides that, I really do miss having a large selection of ice cream flavors...Japan doesn't have much.
I visited Tokyo 8 years ago. I never tasted ice cream there. And although you say they don't have much, what seems to be popular among ice cream flavors there?

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I like licorice ice cream but it's damn near impossible to find

there's a place near my house that has it but they just put chunks of licorice in vanilla ice cream and that's cheating. the ice cream's gotta be black or it's not cool

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
DIGITAL-ICE2_48oz_Carton_VanillaBeanRndr_FNL.png

Tilamook is delicious as hell too.

Beyond that I'm a fan of anything vanilla bean esp anything that has specs of it.

Tillamook ice cream is even better if you go get it directly from the visitor center in Tillamook. They don't have to freeze it as hard as they have to in order to ship it to stores, so it never has a chance to get ice crystals, and the texture is perfect. I just went there on Monday - I had to wait an hour in line to get some, but it was worth it.