• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Guess you're right. There's a lot of nuance in murdering brown kids in the Middle East with drones.
Well you can dumb it down and try to frame it however you like, but if you truly believe there is no nuance to the situation in the Middle East and how a US president has to handle it, there is little point in this discussion going forward. We can agree to disagree.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well you can dumb it down and try to frame it however you like, but if you truly believe there is no nuance to the situation in the Middle East and how a US president has to handle it, there is little point in this discussion going forward. We can agree to disagree.
There's also a lot of nuance going right now in with Israel and Palestine right? So much nuance it's dripping all the way here damn. Poor US presidents, they just HAVE to kill brown kids. I wouldn't understand as a 3rd worlder right? Thanks for showing me the American Way 🇺🇸.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
There's also a lot of nuance going right now in with Israel and Palestine right? So much nuance it's dripping all the way here damn. Poor US presidents, they just HAVE to kill brown kids. I wouldn't understand as a 3rd worlder right? Thanks for showing me the American Way 🇺🇸.
You're welcome.

And yes, despite siding with the Palestinians, I acknowledge there is a lot of nuance to the situation between Israel and Palestine. I think one side is clearly more wrong than the other but finding a solution that works in the real world is in fact, very complicated. Acknowledging that doesn't mean I'm cool with what is happening, it just means my thought process goes beyond placing blame and instead trying to find a solution.

Booker Do It

Sep 25, 2018
John Darnielle from the Mountain Goats.
Seems really genuine from everything I've seen and heard from him and just radiates 'nice guy' vibes.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.chicagotribune.com

Chicago Tribune: Chicago news, sports, weather, entertainment

Chicago Tribune: Your source for Chicago breaking news, sports, business, entertainment, weather and traffic
uproxx.com

The Story Behind Bill Murray And Harold Ramis’ 21 Year Rift

They were a comedic dream team with a string of hits. Then, they made their masterpiece and never spoke again.

Eh it's a divorce, a lot of it can be he said she said unless he was actually convicted of anything. Hard to judge when I know nothing about the relations. The Ramis stuff seems to me a clash of personalities. But I will concede that I don't think Bill is the most pleasant person to be around.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Keanu Reeves.. Honestly would hit me like a truck. No one else I really care but his backstory and his persona, God I hope never.

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Jack Antonoff.

Seeing him writing and producing music with artists like Lorde, Taylor Swift, St Vincent, Lana Del Ray and Carly Rae Jepsen while still having this childlike curiosity and entuasism for his own craft is inspiring to me.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Why on earth does every British celebrity have to go to bat for Rowling?
I don't have the foggiest idea why so many do and what hold she has over them. At least some of the cast and people involved with the franchise have spoken out against her transphobia. Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint to name but a few.

Oct 26, 2017
Already happened but Marilyn Manson. I mean it's been obvious for decades that he was going for some kind of record for being a coke-fuelled turbocunt but the shit coming out about him now is so far beyond what I expected. Adored his music when I was a young'un, liked a lot of what he had to say outside of his music... and now I can't listen to any of it. There's been other musicians and actors who've turned out to be pricks where I've been able to 'ew' at their involvement while still enjoying the end product but this one hit differently.

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
David Lynch. The very idea is terrifying. The only hinting of something like this besides his involvement with Transcendental Meditation (which, in his and many other stars cases, seems to be a very genuine belief; I don't think he is trying to profit off of people) is that one time Michael J. Anderson ("The Man From Another Place") made a bunch of really out there accusations on Facebook, but this happened seemingly after a financial dispute about his payment on Twin Peaks: Season 3, and several people he mentioned did not corroborate what he said whatsoever.

Just about everyone else? I've lost hope in humanity. I can take it. But, please. Not David Lynch...

alpha

Oct 25, 2017

He's buddies with the dude who wrote Toriko and pushed to get him back into the industry after he got convicted of sleeping with a 16-year old. So not an asshole, but asshole-adjacent.

LobosJr (souls streamer)

More of a personal business thing, but his fiancee at the time did state he cheated on her with the person I believe he's currently still with before breaking off their engagement. We can't ever really know the true story on that, though I believe her.

As for me, the one that would suck to find out is Keanu. Not because I idolize him or anything but because I've heard so many good stories about him from folks who had nothing to gain from saying it.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Echo'ing Chris Evans, Tom Hanks and Keanu Reeves.
I'll also add Amy Poehler, Ted Danson, Seth Rogen and Elizabeth Olson.

My personal destruction would be Dustin Kensrue of Thrice, not only because he's my favorite songwriter of all time but because he has had such an awesome personal journey over the past 10 years. He became a born again Christian, he was recruited to run the music program at the Mars Hill mega church. He saw a bunch of horrifying things and started to secretly coordinate with the FBI to help bring the dude down. Afterward Trumpism started slowly taking hold, he was tweeting with fellow christians and trying to plead with them not to convert. As Trump took over, he underwent a massive transition of personal beliefs. Now he's seemingly agnostic, extremely leftist and somehow still the very kind and gentle guy to his fans that he has always been.

A mutual friend interned for him and she said he was a gentleman and very kind to all of his employees. I know that's only a piece of the picture, but hopefully that helps.