• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
The May Games with Gold lineup is here! On the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, battle to claim the throne in Armello, and uprise and take over the overworld in Dungeons 3. And for our classic lineup via Backward Compatibility, put on the cowl and fight crime in Lego Batman, and rule and manage your island nation in Tropico 4.

• Armello ($19.99 ERP): Available May 1 to 31
  • Dungeons 3 ($29.99 ERP): Available May 16 to June 15
  • Lego Batman ($19.99 ERP): Available May 1 to 15
  • Tropico 4 ($9.99 ERP): Available May 16 to 31

Armello
A grim fairytale board game comes to life, this swashbuckling adventure brings together the deep tactics of card games and the rich strategy of tabletop games, all combined into a character-building RPG. As the hero, you'll wage epic battles, explore the vast kingdom, cast spells, and vanquish monsters, all with the ultimate goal of becoming the next King or Queen of Armello.

Dungeons 3
Help the Dungeon Lord succeed in conquest in this dungeon building, real time strategy game. Head the frontlines under the guidance of his chief lieutenant, the dark elf Thalya, and command the most terrifying army the world has ever seen. Choose among orcs, succubae, zombies, and more, and use every trick in the book to take down the do-gooders of the overworld once and for all!

Lego Batman
He is vengeance… He is the night… He is Lego Batman. Build, drive, swing, and fight your way through Gotham as the caped crusader and his sidekick, Robin. And, in a gameplay twist, play as the villains in story mode and help in their nefarious plans to take over the city.

Tropico 4
As El Presidente, the ruler of your small island nation, it is your job to gain the support of the people, negotiate with foreign superpowers, and even deal with any natural disasters which threaten your country. Test your political mettle and remember that everyone has an agenda, so while it's good to keep your friends close, it's better to keep your enemies closer.

_Wz-q0dn

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Armello is always great, but didn't the console versions stop updating? I don't know if they ever got The Dragon Clan like the PC Version did...

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
How many posts until we get our first "MS needs to kill Games with Gold"? In the first 50?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Have wanted to play Armello for ages so dead pleased about that.

Never gonna complain about free Tropico.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, these are the types of games I want here. I know this is an unpopular opinion but what I want out of these services are games I wouldn't otherwise have picked up or even noticed, games which I then get to discover and try out thanks to this service. This happened quite a few times with GWG now for me. I just played way too much Truck Racing Championship thanks to GWG, I game I would NEVER have bought myself and then kind of fell in love with :D

Armello & Dungeons 3 are pretty great examples of this: Games I know about and have been wanting to maybe try at some point, but never really felt enough motivation to buy.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, these are the types of games I want here. I know this is an unpopular opinion but what I want out of these services are games I wouldn't otherwise have picked up or even noticed, games which I then get to discover and try out thanks to this service. This happened quite a few times with GWG now for me. I just played way too much Truck Racing Championship thanks to GWG, I game I would NEVER have bought myself and then kind of fell in love with :D

Armello & Dungeons 3 are pretty great examples of this: Games I know about and have been wanting to maybe try at some point, but never really felt enough motivation to buy.

I agree. And you know if they started bringing higher profile games everyone would just complain that they already own them.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
The rest are unknown and likely bin worthy.

"I don't know it so it's probably trash?" Or am I missing the sarcasm here?

This is such a weird notion to me. And one that's incredibly disrespectful to all of these smaller devs working on these games for years of their lives. Armello & Dungeons 3 aren't bad games by any means.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
They should just merge GP and GwG and let you pick from a list of those games to keep each month.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean it's the first Lego Batman which is fun but the sequels are better. Tropics is solid. And I've never heard of the other two but that's not a bad thing? Personally I love it when they throw in a BC og Xbox title tho

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017

I 100% agree, but these are the type of games that people will complain about.

I got both Xbox One games but pretty happy about the 360 games.

Deleted member 39144

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
I'm fairly pleased. Armello is something I've always kinda wanted to try. I own either Lego Batman 1 or 2 already but can't remember which so there's a 50/50 chance I might be happy with that and Tropico games are fantastic and I don't own 4.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Armello's a great game, but I hear the console versions are waaaay behind the PC version in terms of content. Still though, really fun RPG / board game, especially with friends.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Pleaso don't ask me why, but I bought Armello years ago and for some reason expected a single player game. You know, animal fable style. I don't know why I thought it would be like that but the fact that it's a purely multiplayer game still hurts for some reason.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Pleaso don't ask me why, but I bought Armello years ago and for some reason expected a single player game. You know, animal fable style. I don't know why I thought it would be like that but the fact that it's a purely multiplayer game still hurts for some reason.
I think there's a mode for playing with AI.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
"I don't know it so it's probably trash?" Or am I missing the sarcasm here?

This is such a weird notion to me. And one that's incredibly disrespectful to all of these smaller devs working on these games for years of their lives. Armello & Dungeons 3 aren't bad games by any means.

My apologies, only heard of Lego and Tropic. I'll take a look at the other games.

You've never heard of Tropico? They're pretty beloved management games. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.
Not my type of game sadly.

Armello was fantastic tbh. Was apart of ps+ game vote ages ago but lost. I bought it anyway as looked cool. Wasn't disappointed.

I'll take a look.

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Tropico is awesome. Love it on PS4. Can get very tough, but its super fun city builder/manager with a more "communist" approach. I think it's trying to replicate Cuba.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Dungeons 3 and Armello are supposed to be good so this looks like the first decent month for a while to me.
Tropico games are good too but I'd rather have got 5 than 4 if it had to be a 360 version.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
GWG continues the stature of being the red headed step child (no offense to any red headed step children. It's just an old expression)

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
I hear and understand your frustration. This update was never intended to come out in 2021. We had originally planned for it to be out early last year, but with the pandemic, and other difficult factors, this was just not possible.

Until we have a date that we know we can hit without a doubt, we aren't able to share one. I wish I had a more satisfying answer for you, but know the update is being worked on and is being tested.

Saw this on Reddit for Armello 2.0 on consoles.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
They really don't care about GWG do they. I don't really blame them in a post-Game Pass world, but definitely sucks for the Gold only players.

Deleted member 39144

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
They really don't care about GWG do they. I don't really blame them in a post-Game Pass world, but definitely sucks for the Gold only players.
Armello has a MC of 80, Dungeons 3 is 72, Lego Batman is 76 and Tropico 4 is 77. None of these are bad games. I'd rather have these sort of games than the big blockbusters everyone has played already.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Armello is always great, but didn't the console versions stop updating? I don't know if they ever got The Dragon Clan like the PC Version did...
Nope.
I had Armello sitting on my PS4 for over a year, with no 2.0 update, no extra content, nothing.

I really liked the little bit I played, but they just let it die on consoles.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
is batman a repeat? i already have it and i certainly didnt buy it

as usual, into the trash gwg goes