• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Completely deserved. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a joy to play.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
k2eMFlh.jpg

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm 50 hours in, in the middle of Chapter 7 and it's certainly an excellent game worthy of its title.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The game was worthy of recognition when it released, but with each update and one of the best DLCs ever in the form of Torna... Can a game win GOTY two years in a row if the Dlc is in the second year? Because it does for me.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The Torna DLC is really something special. I feel it's not every day you see the combat systems so dramatically changed for a DLC.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Top 3 exclusive game on Switch imo. Eagerly awaiting to play Torna Tomorrow.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This really was the breakout success of the Xenoblade franchise it seems, the others had dedicated fanbases but this one brought it to the front!

BentMyWookiee

Oct 27, 2017
Did the previous Xenoblade games receive a similar award? I'm still making my way through the game and finally nearing the end. I think it's the weakest of the Xenoblade entries, but Xenoblade 2 has some great production values and its positives definitely deserve recognition.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Perfectly timed with the Torna release.

XBC2 didn't impress me that much but Torna hits all the right notes with me so far.

the7samurai

Oct 30, 2017
I'm thinking about jumping into this game. Is it possible and/or recommended to start with the DLC? I heard it has some improvements over the base game.

Deleted member 12186

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is one of those rare moments where I honestly can't see what other people are seeing.

As a person who would put xc1 in a top 10 jrpg list, xcx and now xc2 just disappoint. I could not for the life of me enjoy the combat and the story was okay. The elements I liked a lot were the music and the goofiness with the cast.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see it getting some recognition since it's so far out of the mainstream, at least here in the West. For all its problems it's still a supremely satisfying product.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Well deserved. This game has been pretty much all of my gaming time in 2018.
And now that my brief Dragon Quest interlude is almost over, I look forward to going back to it.

OP
OP
foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You can start with the DLC, it acts as a prequel story to the event of the main game and is heavily referenced in the main game.
Theres alot of things in the prequel that would be better if you play the base game 1st, like in some instances the game assumes you know stuff

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Well that's just not true.

Persona 5 and it's not close.

It was obviously an exagerration, and it's not even a fair comparison cause Persona 5 was announced like 4 years before the release, same for Dragon Quest XI they had many occasions to shine. While Xeno 2 was announced back in January 2017 and released the same year in December.

But it is the Xenoblade that generated the most attention and even more than other JRPGs that used to be more popular like Tales Of.

I'd say the series is in a transitional moment where it is finally leaving the niche for a more wide mainstream audience.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Well fucking deserved and easily my GOTY so far. I am playing through Torna right now but I went back and rewatched some cut scenes from XC2 yesterday and damn it has soooo many great moments...

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
This game deserves more awards for the music.

Including the DLCs it could be the JRPG with the best music for me.