• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
This was made up, it was taking quotes out of context. The last series wasn't very good, but maybe you should get over it.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, D&D are hacks who never got GoT or tried to understand it. But I suspect this thread will soon be locked like the last one.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah these idiots just lucked in to making one of the biggest tv shows ever. It's fine you don't like it but there really aren't any issues with the end result financially.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, D&D are hacks who never got GoT or tried to understand it. But I suspect this thread will soon be locked like the last one.
It's literally just fanboys disappointed and misrepresenting quotes because they need a villain to blame because they didn't get the show they wanted. Like the quote says, they don't need to let feedback influence their show, for better or worse, it's their creative choices. That can be a good thing in principal.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
The film school quote doesn't sound bad. They learned a lot on the series as should be the case. Many of the quotes/excerpts were fine and sounded like what most creators would say about the defining work of their early careers.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
And what's wrong with what they said in the title ? it was their first tv show, of course it was going to be a learning experience for them.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of hilarious -- it sounds like they completely bumbled their way into the biggest television show of the century.

"We didn't have any credits to our name - I have no idea why Martin let us use his books."
"The pilot was absolutely terrible - I have no idea why HBO ordered more episodes"
"We didn't have a writers room, we thought we could just do it all ourselves because we didn't know what we were doing."

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
It's literally just fanboys disappointed and misrepresenting quotes because they need a villain to blame because they didn't get the show they wanted. Like the quote says, they don't need to let feedback influence their show, for better or worse, it's their creative choices. That can be a good thing in principal.

It's funny because you don't need to misrepresent their quotes to display how terrible they are, their work speak for itself.

XSystem

Apr 1, 2019
I was wondering the whole time how Dungeons and Dragons was connected to Game of Thrones, I am not very smart today.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
The film school quote doesn't sound bad. They learned a lot on the series as should be the case. Many of the quotes/excerpts were fine and sounded like what most creators would say about the defining work of their early careers.
I agree, I'm not trying to be a defender but it sounds like humbleness to me to express they were nervous when first making it, it's a bit of a no win situation because they get accused of being arrogant too. If they said everything went very well, it would get called bull shit too because there was a failed pilot with some different actors. It' s like anything they say gets ripped on because people need a villain just because they didn't like a TV show.

It happened to Rian Johnson too, who I believe has been called a arsehole a few times on here because he killed a couple of characters. I mean they're not perfect, I thought some of the sex politics in Thrones can be dodgy, but it is silly when some people have been misrepresenting them.

Mezati99

Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Planet Earth
Dan doesn't see the value of considering other people's reactions.

TautChubbyAmericanbobtail-size_restricted.gif

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
So descriptions that it is not high art should not bother you at all, right?
Good.

You know what though? Ill challenge myself on this point.
Actually, there are ways in which S8 is not a botched shit, there are ways in which we see less gratitious rape scenes, there are ways in which if they point the story in certain directions, and we know of all the variables (because they keep showing us the variables), then the deaths and the twists do not occur randomly. There IS an alternate dimension in which the exact same GoT gets a much better final season and a much better treatment and it still remains "not high art", yet fans go away satisfied.

This whole painting all criticism as dissatisfied fans is a very delusional argument to make. It takes an axiom that says: "fans will never be satisfied", which might be true for a few percentage of x/y fanbase, but it is certainly not true of every succesful tv show/book/movie.

I have yet to see dissatisfied Wheel of Times fans who hated the last book on the premise that it somehow spit in the face of everything that came before that. I wonder why that is.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
It's amazing the earlier seasons turned out as good as they are with these two know nothings at the helm. Speaks to the level of professionalism from literally everyone else involved in the show.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was made up, it was taking quotes out of context. The last series wasn't very good, but maybe you should get over it.
The r/freefolk subreddit was the one taking the panel was out of context and led to the last thread being locked. The person tweeting was there at the panel and I don't understand why he/she would lie about it?

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he's not wrong. the show had flaws, and the last season sucked, but it sucked on its own terms. Westworld season 2 is a great example of how shitty TV can be when you write a show and staying ahead of your audience is the prime motivation

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny because you don't need to misrepresent their quotes to display how terrible they are, their work speak for itself.
Oh come on, 'they don't care about reactions' note... responding to feedback, is bullshit. Sorry but if you liked the end of the show, would you have praised them for not listening to fan feedback? The issue is more because you didn't like it.

Many of these quotes in these threads and the old one on resetera are attempts of taking out of context examples of jokes about about killing off character, D and D trying to be humble about their concernes making the show, and to make it look like they disrespected the staff and were running around on the set like a headless chicken.

Just like when Hamill got misrepresented saying he thought TLJ was bad, because he was concerned at first about his character's direction, and they cut the context out where he said he came around after seeing the full picture. Another one of these thread was when Rian Johnson tried to do something nice for Acbar's actor and ask him to say 'that's a wrap', and they tried to make it look he was bullying the actor. They can't just be disappointed in a film, they have to make shit up.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So what you're saying was it was a film school where you copied someone else's work for a majority, but when it came time to do your own work you half-assed it because you had already been offered a job after you'd graduated, even though you failed the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.