• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

I saw this thread on Twitter and it's pretty long-but interesting to think about. What do you think?

ZeroRay

Oct 27, 2017
Hillary lost in such thin margins within 3 states, that I can confidently blame her on losing to Trump. Considering she didn't campaign in 2 out of the 3.

theLusitanian

Nov 3, 2017
In a way it's right, Trump co-opted much of the Bernie language. As we all know though he had no intention on following through.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He certainly didn't cost it, but he didn't help much either in 2016.

And who is this? Why should anyone care about relitigating this dumb shit?

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's time for Twitter users to admit that they are the fucking problem

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
I think it's counter productive to blame either Hillary or Bernie for loosing the 2016 election over blaming the almost half of the voting population that wanted a modern day Mussolini in power.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm far more concerned about floods and roe v. wade being overturned than talking about 2016 again.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
He certainly didn't cost it, but he didn't help much either in 2016.

And who is this? Why should anyone care about relitigating this dumb shit?
It's happening because Roe V. Wade appears to be dead. That election gave us 3 conservative scotus judges. That's why you will see a lot of this right now.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton was born a woman and sadly that still matters. Regardless of anything else, I believe were she a man she would have won.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Let's remember that Clyburn blamed Jaime Harrison for campaigning to "Defund The Police". When in reality he never did nor endorsed him like Biden in the Primary and we would have had 51 Democrats in the Senate.

Oct 25, 2017
Hillary lost in such thin margins within 3 states, that I can confidently blame her on losing to Trump. Considering she didn't campaign in 2 out of the 3.

Yep. The margins were so small that you can blame the loss on anything you want. Basically everything had to go wrong for her in order for her to lose. And it did.

Oct 26, 2017
"As a member of the Hillary For America digital team, this vitriol coming from a male Sanders supporter was unsurprising."

bias, what bias?

and the rest is basically "mmmh you criticized small scale reforms yet you participate in small scale reforms, I am very intelligent"

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Relitigating is for losers. I wish people would move past wankery like this and focus on stuff which can actually be changed. You know, unlike the past.

RunningMan

Oct 29, 2017
Saw something a couple days ago talking about how bad her "deplorable s" comment was at the time and looking to now how seeing the Republican Party and what it has become, how right she was.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If a politician saying "we should be like every other first-world nation on the planet" cost another one a Democratic primary, like saying out loud what your government should be doing all the time was what pulled the trigger, your country is maybe irrevocably fucked.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm ready to lay the 2016 election to rest. Hillary failed and the voters failed to show up. 81 million voted for Biden in 2020, so at least the voters showed up in 2020. Most people bought into the "Hillary landslide" in 2016 and that didn't help turnout. People realized by 2020 not to underestimate Trump. I hope that lesson carries on to 2024, because he's likely to run again.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even get what the media is supposed to admit here. At a certain level, every competitor hurt Hillary Clinton, ok, so, no primaries then? The party just completely turns into some autocratic party that picks their choice behind closed doors and everyone goes with it? Course even in that scenario the party would pick some stinkers and still loose from time to time, what then?

Status
Not open for further replies.