• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Usually I wouldn't bother making a thread about this kind of this, but I'm curious

www.darkhorizons.com

"Yesterday" Sued Over Lack Of Ana De Armas - Dark Horizons

Two fans have reportedly filed a federal class-action lawsuit on Friday in regards to Richard Curtis’ 2019 Beatles-inspired feel good rom-com feature “Yesterday”. The pair say they each paid $3.99 to rent the movie on Amazon Prime because “Knives Out” and “No Time to Die” actress Ana de Armas...

Two fans have reportedly filed a federal class-action lawsuit on Friday in regards to Richard Curtis' 2019 Beatles-inspired feel good rom-com feature "Yesterday".

The pair say they each paid $3.99 to rent the movie on Amazon Prime because "Knives Out" and "No Time to Die" actress Ana de Armas appeared in the trailer. Only after did they discover that de Armas was removed from the final cut of the film.

I'm curious people's thoughts on this, because the implications if it was successful are basically saying 'nothing can be in a trailer that isn't in the final cut'

Right or am I misinterpreting?

And did her omission bother you?

FWIW the film was technically but it the conceit really bugged me and I can't put my finger on why

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
False advertising is definitely not allowed, this doesn't seem controversial? It's not like an altered cgi shot.

Jun 20, 2021
I'm doing the same with Spider-Man: No Way Home, The Power of the Dog and Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I do have to admit it's kind of crazy a character is in the trailers, played by a known actor, and they are just entirely cut. Normally that only happens if there is something terrible done by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.