• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Given the sickening amount of free passes Nintendo continues to get from the gaming community and the press, The Gamer has decided to do some good work to unearth the secrets of Nintendo's shady past that people willingly ignore as they trip over themselves to bend over backwards and fellate Nintendo.

I've put the list below, but please make sure to check out the source for the full details. The comments in italics are just my remarks on each of the points:

10. Nintendo almost made a console with Sony
As we all know, this is a horrific deed that they almost committed, and we cannot forgive them for this

9. Once Upon A Time, Nintendo Made Erotic Playing Cards
Shady!

8. Nintendo Ran A Love Hotel
The nerve of them, letting couples have a private place to have sex

7. Nintendo Systems Have Lusterless Graphics
Their trashy hardware holds back the potential of their games

6. They Charge More For An Inferior Console
The Switch is undeniably inferior with no possible value proposition that can justify it being preferable to other machines by anyone, and anyone who disagrees is deluding themselves. Nintendo is able to charge more for these because their fans get a free pass

5. Their games are rarely discounted
This is the only point on their list that feels like a stretch, to be honest, everything else is airtight, but this feels like they are grasping for straws a little

4. Nintendo was associated with gangsters
Maybe that's why they don't allow Yakuza games on their systems, it hits too close to home for them

3. They once had a cartoon that was awful
I'm not even sure how you come back from something like that

2. They charge people to play classic games
This is especially shitty given that I can play classic games for absolutely free on, say, PS4

1. Missing So Much Potential For Remakes And Remasters
The one thing Nintendo does not do enough is re-release old games. Come on, Nintendo!

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like a terrible, nonsensical list and I honestly have no idea why you would make a thread out of it.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
You know I was expecting this to about their subscription services in their mobile games.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
my dad owns nintendo and told me just now none of this is true

nintendo samurai are en route to your location as you're reading this

sorry kiddo

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Don't give a shit about any of these except #1, like when we'll be able to play N64 games on Switch? Never?

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Dave Nintendo fucked my wife and then told me to buy a New Nintendo 3DS XL from the Nintendo 3DS Family of products
and I did, great games

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo
Vacation threads season is open, folks. I honestly thought I'd learn something here, lol.

Well, good for some trivia at least.

Did you know Nintendo has a Mother game that was not yet localized? lol

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Erotic playing cards? That's fucking outrageous and frankly disgusting. Nobody should be looking at that filth. Where are those cards? Where do I need to go online or in real life to see these cards so I can get rid of them? There are just so many places it could be it would be very helpful if this thread could get me a head start.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
There are so many actual things they could've put on a list and they did that. At best it should've been titled, "Things you may not know about Nintendo"

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
So was there a point to this thread, or just complaining that someone said things about Nintendo?

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean there's a lot of legit criticism to be had with the analogues on joycons and the switch lite having planned obsolescence or how bad their online functionality is but this doesn't seem like a list that wants to be taken seriously.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Due to the nature of the article, it's unlikely this thread will be anything other than console warring rhetoric. Let's try and do better in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.