• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

The trailer for the 3-hour demo of 13 Sentinels that will be released on March 14, 2019 through various bundles and digitally.

The full game might not be 2019 after all, but I guess they wouldn't be promoting its date anyways with a demo incoming.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
still no gameplay in this trailer... we only saw like two second of it a long time ago... are they not confident in their product anymore? this is sad...

I was so hyped back then but now i just don't care! Hopefully it's good in the end...

Oct 27, 2017
This feels like a cash grab, barely showing anything but what you can preorderšŸ˜‚

Still intrigued though.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
still no gameplay in this trailer... we only saw like two second of it a long time ago... are they not confident in their product anymore? this is sad...

I was so hyped back then but now i just don't care! Hopefully it's good in the end...
Everything is pointing to it being an adventure game, so technically, everything we saw there was gameplay.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i've said this pretty much everytime in all 13 sentinels thread i saw
this game is an adventure game
those are the gameplay
walking, seeing how the story progresses, talking with other characters etc

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Everything is pointing to it being an adventure game, so technically, everything we saw there was gameplay.

that would be quite disappointing coming from vanillaware... their story was never the thing i liked in their game... so one that focus only on that, not sure if i'll like it..

and what would take so long if it was just that? Maybe theere's sick 2D mecha battle animation that would take longer to do than a full gameplay system? I doubt that, wonder what happened during developpment

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I still have no idea how this game plays.

Like I said in the last thread, you are looking at how the game plays. That targeting minigame or whatever it is, is not the "real" gameplay that is being hidden away. This is an adventure game. You walk around and talk to people, make dialogue choices, etc, and mostly watch story scenes unfold. Think sidescrolling David Cage game, except 2D animated.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
I was so excited for this when it was announced but now I have about as much interest in it as they are in showing us actual gameplay. I really figured all the remasters were released to help keep them afloat/fund this game and I'm at a loss now.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2qs0zp.gif

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
The whole premise of the game looks so promising and I don't mind the adventure/VN gameplay mechanic at all.

Music and art is also gorgeous tho that's not surprising coming from Valliaware.

March can't come soon enough.

OP
OP
FluxWaveZ

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Still, gotta admit, regardless of how the game plays, they've showed remarkably little of it. It's Vanillaware, they probably have some real eye-catching backgrounds and flashy sequences they could be showing off, which the game probably has. But there hasn't been much of note outside of the zoom out of the two characters looking at the big mech, and the naked teenagers piloting their sentinels.

Music sounds great.

Oct 25, 2017
Still, gotta admit, regardless of how the game plays, they've showed remarkably little of it. It's Vanillaware, they probably have some real eye-catching backgrounds and flashy sequences they could be showing off, which the game probably has. But there hasn't been much of note outside of the zoom out of the two characters looking at the big mech, and the naked teenagers piloting their sentinels.

Music sounds great.

Development must be amazingly troubled.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore

Music sounds great.
I mean, they're being forced to sell a 3 hour intro demo to an adventure game when the game itself still has no new date - not even a release window. There is probably far less of the game in a completed state than Atlus would like.

The emphasis seems to be heavily on capturing the "human" perspective on the ground as this larger war is happening, and seeing how it affects individuals and the common people from the various perspectives of the pilots when they're not in their mechs. And 13 different character scenarios is a lot to build for an ambitious adventure title. Having to hand animate all those story scenes in HD sprites might be more than Vanillaware expected when they started lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.