• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Story:

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/a-...-including-a-6-month-old-with-an-illegal-gun/

On Monday a 14-year old boy in Alabama allegedly shot to death his his father, his stepmother, his 6-year old brother, his 5-year old sister, and his 6-month old brother, with an illegal gun. It barely made the news.

Police say the teenager has confessed, and is currently being charged as a juvenile, AL.com reports. "The gun used in the homicides was in the Sisk home illegally, Young said at a press conference on Tuesday afternoon."

Emphasis mine.

CNN story

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/03/us/alabama-residence-shooting/index.html

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
That is fucking horrifying. Made me sick to my stomach seeing that thread headline :(

Dec 31, 2017
I really have no words as to how to even approach this. He's a child himself, and for a child to do something so monstrous really takes some insane circumstances, programming, or illness.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I get that a story like this is yet one more example of the gun horror that inflicts this country every day... but this is a borderline shock story... do we have to see these over and over on the site? It's just so debilitating.

Not trying to blame you OP... but man, there's almost too much of this in general.

Breakfast Boy

Banned
Aug 15, 2019
RIP to the victims...imagine seeing your own child shoot you.

I get that a story like this is yet one more example of the gun horror that inflicts this country every day... but this is a borderline shock story... do we have to see these over and over on the site? It's just so debilitating.

Not trying to blame you OP... but man, there's almost too much of this in general.

I get what you're saying but by not reporting it, you're normalizing it.

This is America.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, maybe if we bury are head in the sand the problem will go away.

OP
OP
E_i

E_i

Oct 27, 2017

I was making people aware of the story. It's not on CNN.com front page right. Remember when that woman killed her five kids by drowning them. Wall to wall coverage. Now, it's buried because everything's a shitstorm.

Edit. Andrea Yates is her name.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At 14 I can definitely see how he was mentally able to do that. Just old enough to be fucked enough to do it.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is a horrific and tragic story, but there isn't much to discuss here beyond the shock of it all. As a result, the thread has been locked per the General Guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.