• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
A lot of games seem to be caught in a bad place in 2020. You have the death line up of Cyberpunk 2077, Elden Ring, and Final Fantasy 7 Remake as huge games to end the generation. And then you have the start of next gen that will feature Halo at launch and who knows what else but we whatever else is coming will look better than current games.

If you had to guess which games do you think are going to get steamrolled by this combination?

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of games seem to be caught in a bad place in 2020. You have the death line up of Cyberpunk 2077, Elden Ring, and Final Fantasy 7 Remake as huge games to end the generation. And then you have the start of next gen that will feature Halo at launch and who knows what else but we whatever else is coming will look better than current games.

If you had to guess which games do you think are going to get steamrolled by this combination?
I mean we don't know when Elder Ring is coming yet. That could be 2021 as we saw absolutely nothing from it. But I agree 2020 is looking insane and this is without any next gen games even being announced right now. That early first half I don't think has ever been so full of huge games.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I mean we don't know when Elder Ring is coming yet. That could be 2021 as we saw absolutely nothing from it. But I agree 2020 is looking insane and this is without any next gen games even being announced right now. That early first half I don't think has ever been so full of huge games.
I think either Jason or another person with reliable info said it was releasing on the first half of 2020

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Knowing FromSoft's ridiculous work ethic, it's easily 2020

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My guess it that you'll start to see games moving away from March to later in 2020. I doubt they knew they were all aiming for the same month.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo will probably be pretty exempt from this, since they'll be neither starting or ending a generation.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I hope my PS4 survives the crushing assault of usage it shall receive.

My older DS4 most likely will not. :(

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I do wish they tried to make Shenmue 3 a wrap up for the series, in case it's a flop. It's a miracle it's getting made so I very doubt they can do the full vision for the series.

Edit forgot what year it is, lol.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
First Semester will be packed.

But launch line-ups are usually not that big of a deal.

Also, expect at least half of these games to be delayed.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
If there is still the possibility for The Last of Us part 2 to make November Sony should take it, even if it is just besides Death Starnding. First Half of 2020 is crazy. (only if it actually would be ready of course, not rushing it)

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
If TLoU also drops early 2020, other games not named Cyberpunk might as well push their games to summer.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Cyberpunk, Avengers, TLOU II and FF VIIR all together is crazy.

And this November there's Pokemon, Star Wars and Death Stranding.

OP
OP
Charsace

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
My gut is telling me anything within 2 months of 2077 and F7R is stepping into a kill ground, waiting to get chewed up by crossfire, especially other single player games.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Last of Us 2
Cyberpunk
Watch Dogs
Avengers
Halo
Elden Ring
Final Fantasy VII
Ghost of Tsushima
Ori 2
Assassin's Creed Vikings
Silksong
Dying Light 2

It's going to be an INSANE year

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Some of these will probably bleed further into Q2/3, but yeah, first half of next year is looking hella-stacked.

OP
OP
Charsace

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Forgot bout Bloodlines 2 and Baldurs Gate 3 OP.
I am getting both of these, but I feel like they are in a Blade Runner 2049 situation where they have cult followings, but those cult followings won't equal huge box office numbers. In the case of both though I don't think they have budgets that will kill the studios if they don't have big numbers.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Next year is going to be absolutely fucking insane, maybe the most stacked year of this millennium, or possibly ever.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And Nintendo officially has nothing announced for 2020 as of right now lol

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
lol another on the death line up. This shit is really weird to end a generation.

Laat year of console gens are usually insane (laat gen we had tlou+gta5+bioshock, the gen before that was gow2 and san andreas i think?)

But they are not THIS insane. Avengers, ff7r, tlou2, elden ring, cyberpunk, bloodlines 2, halo for scarlett launch, probably tsushima for ps5 launch. And god knows what will nintendo have, how many great indies we'll get.

2020 is gonna be legendary

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
Game has been in production since dark souls 3 dlc ended

Seahawk64

Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpunk is gonna destroy everything earlier in the year.
Too much hype surrounding that game.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, I don't know. January to May is five full months. There's like seven weeks between the release of FFVII R and Cyberpunk 2077. It's a little different from this year, where like four big games were supposed to come out on 2/22/19.

It's a lot of big games, but it's not a ridiculous amount all at once. It's what you'd expect and hope for in the last year of a generation — all the super big games we've been hearing about all generation are finally coming out.

The only ones that strike me as problematically close, at this juncture, are FFVII R and Watch Dogs 3 in the same week. I raised my eyebrow at Gods and Monsters and Watch Dogs 3 releasing within ten days of each other, but that's just because they're both from the same publisher, and I'm not sure why Ubisoft would do that.

Outside of NetherRealm titles, April and May are typically a little barren after a super packed "must beat the end of the fiscal year" February and March, so if anything it's nice to see really big games (Cyberpunk, Avengers) planned for those months to spread things out a bit.

Oct 27, 2017
I am getting both of these, but I feel like they are in a Blade Runner 2049 situation where they have cult followings, but those cult followings won't equal huge box office numbers. In the case of both though I don't think they have budgets that will kill the studios if they don't have big numbers.
I can see BD3 getting a lot of buzz tbh. Not at the same level as Cyberpunk, FF and TLoU of course but enough to not be considered niche.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
From Software is at least one of the developers that are ridiculously consistent with their release dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.