• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

The battle between public health and personal freedom is a familiar one in Tom Green County, of which San Angelo resident Caleb Wallace took an active role.

On July 4, 2020, Caleb helped organize "The Freedom Rally." A flyer for the event called it a peaceful protest by people "sick of the government being in control of our lives." Signs carried by protesters that day criticized the wearing of masks, business closures, the science behind COVID-19, and liberal media.

Upset the United States flag wasn't waving at the Tom Green County courthouse on July 4, rally attendees raised their own. The person who tied the U.S. flag to the pole was Caleb Wallace.

"We are not real happy with the current state of America at the moment," a then-healthy Wallace said in July.
In addition to the rally, Caleb organized "The San Angelo Freedom Defenders," a group "to educate and empower citizens to make informed choices concerning local, statewide, and national policy and to encourage them to actively participate in their duty to secure God-given and constitutionally protected rights," as stated on the group's Facebook page.

Using both the Freedom Defender's page and his own social media presence, Caleb criticized the government's handling of the pandemic and guidelines advocated by health experts.

"Show me the science that masks work," Caleb wrote on the City of San Angelo's official Facebook in December 2020. "Show me the evidence that school closures work. Show me the evidence that lock-downs work."

In 2020, Caleb appeared in video interviews with local media outlets denouncing mask policies and school closures at San Angelo ISD. As late as April 2021, he penned a letter demanding the school district rescind all its COVID-19 protocols, claiming that science didn't support their need.

Last edited:

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how these people clearly don't give a fuck about their families. Four kids without a father over an illness that was preventable.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That picture is supposed to make me feel sympathetic that he left behind a wife and kids, but my thoughts drift towards the thousands of anti-mask followers he also left behind.

Fuck 'em.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
It's crazy how these people clearly don't give a fuck about their families. Four kids without a father over an illness that was preventable.

This.

It's sad that his children have to grow up without a father because their father didn't even take a simple precaution. They didn't choose to have a terrible father.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand

The irony is they think they're doing this for their kids. Showing how strong they are, how defiant they are... Defiant against what though? Common sense?

It's stupid.

The only victims or people I have sympathy for here are the kids.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being the mom and having to explain to your four kids why they are going to grow up without daddy.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
The irony is they think they're doing this for their kids. Showing how strong they are, how defiant they are... Defiant against what though? Common sense?

It's stupid.

The only victims or people I have sympathy for here are the kids.

im sure theyll be fed lies as to how their dad "really" died their entire lives too. it will be a never ending cycle of stupid.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
200w.gif

Oct 29, 2017
Kids will be better off in the long run, can't imagine a man willing to allow himself to die a needless death has much useful wisdom to impart to his children.

Hopefully the widow re-evaluates her taste in men before she starts searching for a new husband, lest the cycle repeats itself.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I don't get why the other thread was locked? This was not some random person. This is blowing up on Twitter.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being the mom and having to explain to your four kids why they are going to grow up without daddy.

Yea, and if mommy chooses to propagate the lies that daddy helped foment, leading to his own death, by telling the kids the same garbage.…Mommy is going to have a very rude awakening when one or more of those kids hit puberty and start to learn the reality of this heinous shit.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Daddy didn't want to wear a mask and get a needle and that's why he's not with us anymore" imagine having to explain that to your kids.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
So sad. People are being so maliciously informed. A lot of people in a lot of countries should be held accountable.
Also, those "freedom" movements... We all want our freedom, you stupid cows. You get there faster with vaccination.

Edit: i have no doubt there will be people who will claim he was murdered.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Now he's free to be dead.

Yea, and if mommy chooses to propagate the lies that daddy helped foment, leading to his own death, by telling the kids the same garbage.…Mommy is going to have a very rude awakening when one or more of those kids hit puberty and start to learn the reality of this heinous shit.
Only if the kids are smart enough to challenge the world view taught to them by their parents and community.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
That tweet..."He loved his family..."

What is it with white people always getting these tear jerker humanizing depictions in the news without exception?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
"At the end of the day, whether he was a hardcore conservative or not, he was an amazing man."

He put his own selfish ideas of "freedom" ahead of his responsibility to others, including you and your children. No, he was not an "amazing man".

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Freedumb to die from COVID.

Freedumb to leave your pregnant wife and 3 young children with crippling medical bills that need to be crowdfunded.

There are two issues here that should wake up conservatives, but they won't. "Cry moar libs."

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
I like how they used a picture of the family as if that somehow exonerates him of the evil he's done.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
"Show me the science that masks work," Caleb wrote on the City of San Angelo's official Facebook in December 2020. "Show me the evidence that school closures work. Show me the evidence that lock-downs work."

AKA, I'm waiting for my right-wing radio grifters to tell me everything is okay.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
she'll probably tell them that he was so brave and defiant until the end, that he loved them so much that he gave his life for their FREEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOM and so on.

She'll have to. If she changed her tune at all, the death cult would viscously turn on her.

I don't get why the other thread was locked? This was not some random person. This is blowing up on Twitter.

Gotta stop non-news from clogging up the Kanye hype train threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.