• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
This could blur the lines on port begging so mods close if it's against the rules, apologies.

So I'm trying to restrict things to just third party games. So unfortunately no asking for stuff like Eternal Darkness, even though it obviously deserves a port (at minimum) to at least a modern Nintendo console just to preserve the game.

My two choices are:

Metal Gear Solid 4. Love it, hate it, it deserves a PC port at minimum. Having 120+ fps, ultra wide support, 4k textures, mod support and DLSS support etc is something that Konami need to do. Having it stuck on the PS3 for native support just suuuuucks.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica. Again it's a game that has issues especially with Transphobia and its portrayal of mental illness like multiple personalities.

However I argue it deserves a PC port at minimum with AI upscaled CGI cut scenes, high resolution textures, high framerate support, possibly higher poly models to boot and a PC port would allow for gameplay mods that could fix (for me anyway) the archaic old school control scheme, and even allow graphical improvements by fans because let's face it, Capcom wouldn't bother to polish this game for PC, but a PC port would at least allow modification for fan improvement.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Shin Megami Tensei IV. Without doing any drastic UI, and UX could sort of work

But also throw it on Xbox, Switch and PS too šŸ˜ƒ

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
game_logo.png

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's weird the amount of turn based first person dungeon crawlers from Japan haven't even tried a port or anything given the history of the genre on PC.

Etrian Odyssey seems like it would do pretty well. Hardcore dungeon crawlers with anime (and sometimes grody anime) means it for sure has an audience on steam.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's so common to see multiplat games hit PC these days that I'm always surprised when I check if a PS360 game I'm curious about is on PC and it isn't. Happened with Asura's Wrath recently.

Persona 5 is what I want most

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Dino Crisis. I think 1 got a PC port but not sure about 2.

Also Turok Rage Wars, Turok 3 Shadows of Oblivion and Turok Evolution (this ones weird. Apparently got a PC port in EU only?)

Also Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Those are third party games right?

How about Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 and 3?

Timesplitters!

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Skies of Arcadia
Xenogears
Xenosaga
Chrono Cross
Vagrant Story

Basically all the PS1/PS2 greats that never got ported.

Skies at 4K looks great.

www.youtube.com

Skies of Arcadia Legends intro in 4K UHD & HD textures

This is the closest you will get from a Skies of Arcadia HD experienceBrought in unstretched 16:9 ratio in the cleanest image settings possible without any a...

AhiKuma

Banned
Sep 28, 2021
DmC and DMC5 special editions need to be on PC.

The base games are and the Vergil DLC for 5 is but they don't have the features that the special editions that are on console have.

Callandor

Oct 27, 2017
The entire Etrian Odyssey series would be right at home on PC. With the 3DS finished and the Switch being only single-screen, It would be the easiest place to adapt the manual mapping gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.