• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Agree with Forbes?

• Yes

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Lmaooooo

Votes: 35 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, those reasons are hard to argue with. If Sony didn't have a slate of exclusives that's impossible to argue with, there would be almost no debate. But if that selection of Sony exclusives doesn't matter to you, I can't think of any real reason to take PS4 over One X at this point.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I picked Xbox over PS4 because of Game Pass and I like the Game Pad more.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
"And while Sony has undoubtedly had more high quality exclusives this generation, one advantage of future Xbox exclusives is that they'll all also release on PC."

This seems like a reason to buy a PS4 over Xbox since I have a PC.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
One reason to buy a PS4 over an XB1:

1- I can play PS exclusives. GoW, Uncharted, Horizon, Spider-Man, and strong first party support unavailable on XB1.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Point 5 is contradicting itself.

"5. New game studio acquisitions will change the exclusive landscape going forward. "

Buying a console for future promise this late in the game?

And while Sony has undoubtedly had more high quality exclusives this generation, one advantage of future Xbox exclusives is that they'll all also release on PC. Let's face it, how great would it be if Bloodborne and God of War came out on PS4 and PC? That's Microsoft's new approach to exclusives and while it sometimes probably hurts Xbox One sales (since PC gamers don't need to shell out for an Xbox to play the next Halo, for instance) it's still remarkably pro-consumer.
So then why buy an Xbox One if you can play those games on the PC?

And really, "high quality exclusives" is all that it comes down to when I decide to buy a console. It's the primary thing I care about.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
All poor reasons except for BC. Lol Oh look they bought studios that haven't released anything exclusive to Xbox, wow!

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lets see -

1 BC - Definitely agree. Its a huge plus point IMO.
2 GWG - LOL even with BC its trash. As is PSPlus. Both services give you shit 90% of the times.
3 Game pass - Agree again. Its a great service and Sony needs to get its shit together to offer something similar.
4 XBX - I thought it was about buying the Xb1.
5 New studios? Yeah great. Most of those games wont be on the XB1 though. Next gen at best.

Somewhat agree. I guess.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Good points but I feel the acquistion point won't be felt until the next Xbox.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Couldn't agree less with most of those reasons.

Game Pass is great if you have neither console but that's it. The games given with GwG aren't anything special and certainly not much better than the offering PS+ gives.

Sure, the Xbox One X is a beast but it's also insanely expensive compared to a base PS4 and still quite a bit more than the Pro. As for backwards compatibilty there's still tons of games that don't work. Personally, 90% of the games I wish worked, don't.

Game Pass and a better controller are honestly the only two reasons I'd recommend a Xbox One over a PS4.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Reason 5 shows that the XB1 is truly the Waiting for Godot of the console space.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
This quote doesn't touch on quality:

And while Sony has undoubtedly had more high quality exclusives this generation, one advantage of future Xbox exclusives is that they'll all also release on PC.

So if your future Xbox game is crap in quality, releasing it on PC somehow makes it better?

Jun 14, 2018
The Xbox One is definitely the best platform there is when it comes to games consoles. Backwards compatibility, Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Play Anywhere, Cross-Play, Xbox LIVE features, Xbox One X enhancements, etc. make it a very good place to make it your main console. And I'm saying this despite being more of a fan of PlayStation. Thing is, I find I'm on my PlayStation 4 way more thanks to the exclusives, so that's probably why I ended up using it as my multiplatform home too.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
BC - Yes, PS5 needs this shit. GWG - Uhh I don't really think this is better than PS+ but okay. Game Pass - I agree even though I don't use it. XBX - Own a Scorpio, literally still play everything on my Pro. New Studios - Let's see what they actually do first.

I agree with a couple of them, but BC is the only that really matters in my opinion.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
The proper answer to "what console do I buy" is "whichever one your friends have"

Oct 25, 2017
I think gamers and media alike are super hungry for some kind of underdog/return to form narrative to play out for Xbox that it's being pushed way harder than is merited by the current facts. Gamepass and BC are great steps, though.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
This topic is unlikely to produce any constructive discussion and is mostly an invitation to system warring as such it is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.