• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
10780154_061221-cc-publix-shooter-img.jpg

A man killed a 1-year-old and the child's 69-year-old grandmother and then died by suicide at a Publix supermarket in Florida. The suspect in the Thursday incident was identified by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office as Timothy Wall, 55.
Shrief
Surveillance footage captured what happened, authorities said.

He shoots the child. The grandmother interferes with the gunman and because of her brave actions, his gun jams. After some struggling, he then ends up shooting the grandmother and then himself.
In a press conference in Friday, authorities described this as an apparently random attack. The alleged motivation seemed to be clear, however. Wall wrote on Facebook about wanting to kill people and children, said Sheriff Ric Bradshaw.

Bradshaw voiced anger, saying no one reported these comments before the murders.

"The real sad part of this, other than the fact that two people are dead, is that there was a chance this could be stopped," he said. "You know why? The reason is he's on Facebook. He has said, 'I want to kill people and children.' He's got friends. Obviously, they saw that."

lawandcrime.com

69-Year-Old Woman Died Fighting Gunman Who Killed Her Grandchild at Publix: Deputies

A man killed a 1-year-old and the child's 69-year-old grandmother and then died by suicide at a Publix supermarket in Florida. The suspect in the Thursday incident was identified by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office as Timothy Wall, 55. Surveillance footage captured what happened...

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was a domestic incident when I first heard about it.

"The real sad part of this, other than the fact that two people are dead, is that there was a chance this could be stopped," he said. "You know why? The reason is he's on Facebook. He has said, 'I want to kill people and children.' He's got friends. Obviously, they saw that."

But this, this pisses me off. Everyone he's friends with is just as responsible. They should've called and authorities should've stripped him of all weapons well before this.

Aug 30, 2020
Lock all his friends up for life in jail.

Wait it was reported? Throw the police department in jail.

Ultimately we need to absolutely revoke the right to bear arms no matter the cost. Call in the military, raid millions of homes. It has to be done.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I thought this was a domestic incident when I first heard about it.

But this, this pisses me off. Everyone he's friends with is just as responsible. They should've called and authorities should've stripped him of all weapons well before this.
The article says his behavior was reported to law enforcement. Don't be fooled by cops trying to shift the blame.

He had mental issues," Maia Knight said, telling the outlet her sister had gone to law enforcement in the past regarding Wall. "He wasn't taking care of himself. My sister was going to the courthouse, going to police, telling everyone he needs help. My sister was trying to help him but didn't know how."

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That woman is extremely courageous. Man I just don't know how you find it in you to shoot on purpose a 1year old.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
This is legitimately horrible, there's not much else to say about it. So we're locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.