• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
phil_spencer_effectxlkhf.png

Was this poster ahead of the curve? Should this be updated lol.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
He's been a positive force for XBOX and the industry in many ways, but the framing here is cringeworthy

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
As much as I feel Phil Spencer has been a positive force for Xbox and the video game industry at large, this image never fails to make me cringe.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember the posts where he said Gamepass offers a lot of investment opportunities for first party.

"He talks alot"

Now they're at 23 studios, from what, 10?

Man is a visionary, kudos to him for what he's done for Xbox and gaming. To sit at the top with Nadella and represent gaming is a big deal, this will be the first gen where MS see gaming as a core pillar for their business. Phil is largely responsible for that.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The framing of that is real dumb, even if yes Xbox has been better under their guidance.

May 25, 2019
London
I think the results are still a work in progress and it will be late 2022/2023 before the game pass vision is fully executed with regular delivery of titles by XGS.

However, I think most people would agree that his vision of what XBox should be is vastly preferable over what Mattrick's vision was back at the start of the XBox One generation.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
7 years but where's Dishonored 3 and Prey 2?

Unless they are announced, he is a nobody to me

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a fan of Spencer but he's been a much better long term bet than keeping on someone like Mattrick. Heck, I'd imagine Xbox would have been sold off or closed if that dude was still in charge.

It'll still be a while yet to see the full fruits of the first party investments Microsoft has made, but certainly a turnaround from those XB1 days.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
As far as exclusives go, Sony is still so far ahead of the game. The bethesda aquisition is them trying to bridge that gap quickly, but its still going to be a while before Xbox has a number of exclusives that would rival Playstation.

I wonder what other IPs Sony is working with for the PS5

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
everyday I see another super intense fanmade marketing/biz reports.

Wonder how the actual MS team think about those.

Oct 27, 2017
I remember the posts where he said Gamepass offers a lot of investment opportunities for first party.

"He talks alot"

Now they're at 23 studios, from what, 10?

Man is a visionary, kudos to him for what he's done for Xbox and gaming. To sit at the top with Nadella and represent gaming is a big deal, this will be the first gen where MS see gaming as a core pillar for their business. Phil is largely responsible for that.

Yes, he is a visionary because he has been given a blank cheque book!

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
"The Phil Spencer Effect" sounds like his failed effort to become an electronic-synth solo artist.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
he's done a solid job, but after mattrick, he only had up to go. and honestly phil was part of the leadership team that cratered the XBONE launch so he's not completely without fault for letting it get to that point

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
I've bought into his vision of how gaming should be in the future, but to be fair Game Pass is mostly living on a great back catalog of games plus the occassional first party drop. In another year or two, I think they will be at a point where they could release two first party games every quarter on the service.
MS is always two years away from being two years away.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Spencer is the only gaming executive that actually regularly plays all games on all systems AND he interacts with gamers. Just for that he gets my vote.

OP
OP
rrc1594

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
not really offended but the infographic in the OP is a bit cringey. i personally think phil spencer has done amazing work during his time as head of xbox and has really turned things around in a big way.

Na it goes full cringe when you hit Xbox to China. Phil has done great job with Xbox IMO

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on your point of view.

From my point of view, he hasn't brought any exclusive games to xbox that I'm interested in, and looking at the sparse xsx exclusives list I don't see any reason for me to purchase one anytime soon. 360 remains my only MS console thus far.

I'm sure other people with different priorties and genre interests feel different.

Status
Not open for further replies.