• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Full List of confirmed features on the Xbox Series X
  • AC Valhalla: 4k30 HDR
    Bright Memory: 4k 60 RT
  • Call Of The Sea: 4k 60 HDR
  • Chrus: 4k 60 RT
  • Dirt 5: 4k 60/ lower res 120fps HDR
  • Gears 5: 4k 60 HDR
  • Scarlet Nexus: 4k 30
  • Scorn: 4k 60
  • Second Extinction just lists smart delivery
  • The Ascent: 4k 60 HDR
  • The Medium: 4k 30 RT
  • Bloodlines 2 and Yakuza 7 only list smart delivery

Source

EDIT: 30fps is assumed on some titles, given the source does not mention 60fps on titles like Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Perhaps 1080p60fps will an option?

You may also click on the game page for more information at the corresponding link.

Last edited:

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is if they make ACV 60fps then they set this expectation for future entries and they will all feel like trash to play after inevitable downgrade to 30.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No way Bright Memory is running with 4K60 and RT. The developer even stated this:
segmentnext.com

Bright Memory: Infinite Should Pump 4K/60FPS On PS5 And XSX, Predicts Developer

Bright Memory is one of those amazing success stories from the industry with plenty of lessons to take away about sheer will and commitment. In addition

optimization and development yet. That's why it's hard to tell if it will be able to run at 4K and 60 FPS. But, given the configuration of the next generation of consoles that has been revealed so far, they are going to be very powerful, so running 4K 60 FPS without Ray Tracing technology should be no problem.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
It's nice to see SO MANY 4K60 games.
But I do hope big AAA games like Valhalla, will eventually offer a 60FPS mode. Well, that or take advantage of the loading time decrease, ray tracing etc. But yeah, lots of 60s in the OP and that's a great thing to see at the very beginning of this gen :)

Joris-truly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
ACV 30fps? Is it still trashing the CPU? Or it's probably still heavily single threaded like alot of Ubisoft titles.

Maybe they'll add a performance option with lower settings/resolution

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin

Source

EDIT: 30fps is assumed on some titles, given the source does not mention 60fps on titles like Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Perhaps 1080p60fps will an option?
I think you should remove any assumed 30 FPS stuff because even though you added an edit most people will take it as confirmed and it'll only cause confusion. Probably better only to put concrete info.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Huh, and some people were insisting that "Optimized for Series X" was going to be some hard-to-get additional benchmark that certified that a game was pushing the Xbox Series X to its limits.

Looking at all those checkmarks, even for games that aren't committed to being 4K or HDR, it sure looks like it means "this game has a native Xbox Series X version."

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Well 4k seems like its been pretty standardised compared to "1080p" on 8th gen. Thats good.

Not liking the amount of 30fps's but theres also a good amount of 60's to balance it off.

lol at the Astral Chain clone, namco doing their thing.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Buy a PC if you want 60fps AAA

I have a good PC so I don't really care, but I think it's funny that the most powerful console in the future still can't give us 60fps for a game like this if I compare it to Oddyssey. Game should be a big step up on the X series or else I am a bit disappointed.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I think assuming framerates based on this page is a bit of a leap, the actual list doesn't list framerate as a feature.

But if ACV is gonna be 30 fps with no perf mode, i'm out.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017

Source

Some of those games don't have their technical features listed or complete because they are still in development and don't want to commit to anything at the moment. I think we will see more and more updated tech features closer to launch.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dear developers, please give us 60fps in 1080p, 1440p or whatever. It's much better than 4K/30fps for some people like me.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I have a good PC so I don't really care, but I think it's funny that the most powerful console in the future still can't give us 60fps for a game like this if I compare it to Oddyssey. Game should be a big step up on the X series or else I am a bit disappointed.
You seen 2 minutes of in engine footage from a cross gen game on a shitty stream. Seems a bit early to judge visuals but that's just me

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
History repeats itself over and over again and yet people still expect 60FPS on closed hardware.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Worth remembering that 4k is four times bigger than 1080p. The jump in resolution from Xbox One to Series X is much bigger than from 360 to Xbox One.

I don't think people should read too much into a cross-gen launch title running at 30fps.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn i hoped that games like Assassins Creed would be 60fps.Turns out i was wrong

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
No idea why so many people would expect 4K60 to be regular from AAA single player games, though I expect we'll see lots of games supporting the same 'Fidelity vs Performance' style option we see in a lot of Xbox One X and PS4 Pro games. You're talking about blowing a massive portion of your CPU/GPU budget on something that, especially with good motion blur, a lot of gamers don't expect or especially desire from cinematic experiences.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I think assuming framerates based on this page is a bit of a leap, the actual list doesn't list framerate as a feature.

But if ACV is gonna be 30 fps with no perf mode, i'm out.
Click on the game it goes to a dedicated page. Where with some games at says 60fps. It doesnt at AC.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Looking at that list I do now wonder what Aaron Greenberg meant when he said "beyond 4K".

I'd assume that he meant that cross-gen games could offer things other than higher resolution, such as higher frame rates or additional graphical effects.

He didn't say "beyond 4K," he said "beyond just 4K" — as in, the Xbox Series X story doesn't begin and end with higher resolution.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still early with no confirmation from AC from what I can see.

Edit; Ok let's see, thanks Theorry

Waaghals

Oct 27, 2017
It should be noted that AC odyssey is extremely CPU limited at higher detail levels. This will probably be true for the sequel as well.
Decent modern CPUs can bottleneck a RTX 2080 ti at 1440p and under.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
People will be in for one hell of a surprise with AAA games struggling to reach 30 FPS with RT enabled

iceatcs

Oct 30, 2017
So confused and messed. I think they should have stick the standard. All game 4k minimum. But variable frame rates and RT enable or not.

Is it because of XSS?

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looking at that list I do now wonder what Aaron Greenberg meant when he said "beyond 4K".

I don't think it meant higher resolution. I feel that 4k was something they already achieved with the X (though by far not for every game) but that there is more than 4k, for example 120hz games which is, at least to me, new to consoles and Dirt 5 will offer that iirc.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
People will be in for one hell of a surprise with AAA games struggling to reach 30 FPS with RT enabled

People don't realize that just taking a current-gen AAA game and making it 4K and 60fps eats up the lion's share of the graphical headroom this generation offers. That's pushing eight times the pixels of a 1080p30 image. Most people who are shelling out $500 for these aren't going to be satisfied with "just" a somewhat sharper and smoother image of a last-gen game, they're going to want a heightened sense of realism and graphical effects that blow them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.