• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Hideo Kojima truly is the video game equivalent of Neil Breen.

double-down-credits.jpg

Working for Kojima Productions must be the most thankless job ever.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hideo Kojima truly is the video game equivalent of Neil Breen.

double-down-credits.jpg

Working for Kojima Productions must be the most thankless job ever.
I can't imagine it is considering a lot of folks from his Konami studio followed him to the new KojiPro. You'd think if he was so terrible to work with they would have taken that opportunity to GTFO.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Kojima is truly one of a kind. And I'm thankful for that, because I don't know if I could take another one of my favorite developers (though I didn't like IV or V) being this self-indulgent.

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Just curious, does every tweet of a genius deserve its own thread?

Hopefully, we'll see at least 4-5 more a Hideo Kojima games.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine it is considering a lot of folks from his Konami studio followed him to the new KojiPro. You'd think if he was so terrible to work with they would have taken that opportunity to GTFO.
This is not true....they seem to like him a lot but on a personal note, when you have a truly great people manager at work (I know this is super rare for most people because the way promotions work in most corps is stupid), you WANT them to succeed and you want to work for them because that's how they make you feel. That's good leadership. I don't know enough about their situation to say he is that, but I had a boss that was similar, very out there and you'd think he did everything lol. But he was empowering as hell, cared about us as people, etc etc. The thought of "credit" didn't even cross my mind once.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
What would they do otherwise, say he sucks so they get fired? Sounds like they're just as busy smelling his farts as he himself is.

They could just not say anything? I don't know, it personally doesn't strike me as fake and that was just one example. Have we ever heard any complain from someone who works at Koji Pro?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They could just not say anything? I don't know, it personally doesn't strike me as fake and that was just one example. Have we ever heard any complain from someone who works at Koji Pro?

No employee with any bit of sense left would openly complain about their employer. Either because they want to keep their current job or because they don't want to hamper future job offerings, because noone wants to employ someone who openly talks shit about their employer. "Did anyone ever complain about *insert company*" is no indicator about the working situation there or how annoying their boss can be. Never has been, never will be.

Also, if I would write a tweet like that about my boss, my colleagues would rightfully assume that I'm a massive slimeball who's attempting to live inside said bosses' ass. But Kojima likes to talk about himself that way, so I bet he likes this sort of stuff. Not saying she shouldn't do whatever she's doing. More power to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.