• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As flagged on Reddit, Barristan Selmy actor Ian McElhinney made a claim during a panel in April at Epic Con in St. Petersburg, Russia, that will have book fans screaming: Supposedly, Martin has finished the last two books of the series, "The Winds of Winter" and "A Dream of Spring." He just hasn't published them yet.

"I don't know if you know more than me about this, but what I've been told is that George has already written books six and seven," McElhinney said. "And as far as he's concerned, there only are seven books. But he struck an agreement with David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss], the showrunners of the series, that he would not publish the final two books until the series has completed. So all goes well, in another month or two, we might get books six and seven, and I'm intrigued to know how Barristan, for instance, ends up going through those final two books."

SOURCE

To me this sounds like wishful thinking of the highest order, but I hope against hope it is true, please. A story as good as A Song of Ice and Fire deserves a true ending.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
This is insane and almost assuredly not true in the slightest, but as horribly stupid and screwed up a "deal" that would be it's kind of better than the alternative that we're still potentially a decade or even more from the series ever reaching a conclusion.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
There's already a thread for this and it's complete bullshit regardless. Your thread title frames this as more reliable than it is. McElhinney goes on to say that he's only ever interacted with Martin once, in S1, before ADWD was even released. He has no information.

Status
Not open for further replies.