• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Evilore locked threads and banned people instead of sharing any information or having civil discourse? Remember when it was because there were behind-the-scenes issues happening and nobody was being held accountable for throwing their weight around to stifle complaints and prevent accountability? Remember how we, as a community, were going to move to a more transparent and open discussion platform to avoid that crap?

Sick one.

Mods, please just inform us on what you're going to do instead of remaining silent and insta-locking any discussion on the shit going on in the trans awareness thread:

In b4 ban, but I won't accept this shit again.

Edit; Lock requested by me - just for clarity for when it gets locked.

Last edited:

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Moderation could choose so easily to not fuck this up but they keep digging.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Multiple locked threads without explanation all about trans users feeling slighted is a baaaaad look, mods.

OP
OP
Subpar Scrub

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A timeline for those new:

• Months of inaction while trans threads remain the most hostile and least pleasant place for trans people on Era.
  • This is called out several times but is only dealt with in isolated single cases, like a post being edited out
  • Finally hits breaking point, culminating in an ace member of the forum making a post calling it out
  • Moderators offer support but refuse to stick the thread or address/acknowledge the issue
  • A staff post is made a week later that's generic, doesn't acknowledge the inaction and is 50% about the staff themselves.
  • That 50% is lamenting how the staff has been made to feel as a result of people expressing at the inaction
  • Ketkat and other trans members push back, saying the attitude is the very issue we're trying to highlight
  • Ketkat mentions in a minor part of the post that a staff member that is known to be acephobic
  • Ketkat is banned within minutes
  • Mods suddenly start replying, with more passion than had been shown to the thread in the week prior
  • It's implied that Ketkat gained illicit access and abused her girlfriend
  • Royalan then details in paragraphs the mod stance on the issue and comes to lock the thread
  • The thread that was made to highlight trans issues is locked by Royalan
  • The Trans Awareness Week becomes the home to share frustrations.
  • Ketkat's ban reason changes three times over this period.
  • Eventually a staff post is made, much in the same vein as the past one
  • It suggests that we should get back to talking about trans awareness
  • It details that Ketkat is permanently banned
  • Royalan once again comes in to detail why this is the way it is, and asks to be held accountable
  • It is then uncovered that Royalan has posted acephobic comments in the recent past
  • Robin (Ketkat's girlfriend) mentions that Royalan isn't even the person being referred to initially.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Especially when the only thread about this is stickied and thus getting no traction.

OP
OP
Subpar Scrub

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought I'd name this thread something vague to not have it be instalocked but we'll see.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
With the sentiments, Scrub.

Radio silence, locked threads, people asking for Discord links...

You'd think they'd know how to deal with situations like these since they lived through (at least the crisis action logistics) it once.

Anyway. I don't presume to speak for any community, but all communities should be welcome and treated with dignity and respect.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Resetera and Neogaf, are similiar, in almost every way. Including their quest for greater powah.

-Palpatine

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That night was depressing. I got perma'd and not voluntarily and saw everyone in certain thread had their posts straight up deleted and erased as soon as they were being posted. Thankfully i dont see posts getting deleted yet.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
That night was depressing. I got perma'd and not voluntarily and saw everyone in certain thread had their posts straight up deleted and erased as soon as they were being posted. Thankfully i dont see posts getting deleted yet.
I recommend people start screenshotting the involved threads just in case it gets that bad, of course.

OP
OP
Subpar Scrub

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It was tiring for me. I think I stayed awake for 24 hours managing dissemination of discord invites and informing communities of updates lmao

OP
OP
Subpar Scrub

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the sentiments, Scrub.

Radio silence, locked threads, people asking for Discord links...

You'd think they'd know how to deal with situations like these since they lived through (at least the crisis action logistics) it once.

Anyway. I don't presume to speak for any community, but all communities should be welcome and treated with dignity and respect.

Absolutely 100% agree, good post

OP
OP
Subpar Scrub

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was foolish to believe this forum would actually be any different than others.

It's a shame, because I can see a situation where it would work well. But doubling down on something that the community rails hard against is reflective of the moderation team's value of their own opinions and decisions over that of the broader community they accommodate and moderate for.

There isn't room for being vague or holding fast to your decision when everyone thinks that's bullshit and wants better accountability. Being a mod isn't easy, but listening should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.