• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
giphy.gif

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
There's always an off-chance that it drops on Steam 8 years after its release like P4G ... so 2027 lol.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's always weird how much money Atlas seems to enjoy leaving on the table based on all their weird platform exclusivity decisions.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I am confused. Do we have reason to think it might be beyond hopes and dreams?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
main tweet

"it wont be coming to other platforms"

follow up

"but it might change"

all bases covered i guess

the nvidia leak would probably have included p5 if it was coming anytime soon, im sure it will pop up randomly at some point in a few years though.

Oct 25, 2017
I can believe that, as much as i'd like to see all Atlus games get ported

Not porting P5R to other platforms where they'd obviously sell a million+ is a very Atlus decision

This person doesn't seem credible with that follow up though

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm glad I bought and played it on PS4 instead of waiting for a port. But I really hope Altus sticks to multiplatform for now on. Strikers, SMT3HD, and now P4AU releases are encouraging.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Whoever that is, I don't think they like the attention they're getting over this.

EDIT: Oh they datamined SMTV as well. That's neat.

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018
Hmmm it would sell a ton on switch, pc and if launched in gamepass it would also be played a ton…

I don't understand atlus decisions… doesn't sega have a word in this?

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Logically, videogame companies are in the business of making money by selling games, this whole line of logic falls down when it comes to Atlus though.

Yeah, that is what I meant. Any other company for sure, but I think anyone expecting multiplatform releases for a new mainline Persona game on anything other then a playstation platform is just asking for disappointment. Persona 6 will almost certainly be exclusive as well.

I know what insiders and leakers have said, but I find it hard to believe that there isn't some sort of deal in place between playstation and Atlus. Atlus has no issue porting non-mainline stuff over such as Strikers. It doesn't even really need to be directly financial; maybe Sony nullifies the 30% cut they get from purchases when it comes to Atlus, or anything like that really. I don't know.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Hmmm it would sell a ton on switch, pc and if launched in gamepass it would also be played a ton…

I don't understand atlus decisions… doesn't sega have a word in this?

Sega seems to be very hands off with Atlus and allows them to operate on their own accord. Atlus even continues to publish third party games which while technically fall under Sega, is very much marketed as an Atlus publication (13 Sentinels for instance has Atlus on the cover but doesn't mention Sega.) They seem to be pretty much separate entities, one just owns the other.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Please don't shatter my hope man. I wanna replay P5, but I wait for Royal to drop on PC. Urhg...

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Yeah, that is what I meant. Any other company for sure, but I think anyone expecting multiplatform releases for a new mainline Persona game on anything other then a playstation platform is just asking for disappointment. Persona 6 will almost certainly be exclusive as well.

I know what insiders and leakers have said, but I find it hard to believe that there isn't some sort of deal in place between playstation and Atlus. Atlus has no issue porting non-mainline stuff over such as Strikers. It doesn't even really need to be directly financial; maybe Sony nullifies the 30% cut they get from purchases when it comes to Atlus, or anything like that really. I don't know.
I disagree with the bolded part. Atlus still thinks that Japan is their first and most important market. With ps4 and ps5 sales in Japan being the way they are Atlus will be forced to release it on the Switch if they want the Japanese market to buy it.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Atlus is one of the weirdest companies ever.
They should release both Persona and Shin megami tensei on all main platforms sony/ms/nintendo/pc in order to sell as many copies as possible. I mean sega has all the means to help make it happen.
This release of each series on a dedicated paltform is beyond weird.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
main tweet

"it wont be coming to other platforms"

follow up

"but it might change"

all bases covered i guess

the nvidia leak would probably have included p5 if it was coming anytime soon, im sure it will pop up randomly at some point in a few years though.
Should be noted that P4AU wasn't on the Nvidia leak. The leak has leaked a ton of stuff but it didnt have every unannounced project on it.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
This makes no sense.

Persona 4 is an old ass game and it sold over a million on Steam.
Persona 5 could easily do double that.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I wish an interviewer would ask this straight up to Atlus. Not "will you bring P5 to Switch", that's been asked before, and they can easily avoid an answer. But like "are you allowed to port P5 to Switch" or "what is the reason it's not on PC and Switch despite the huge demand", something to that effect. I mean we'd probably get a non answer either way, but it'd give them a slighty tougher time.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Atlus is truly baffling with this stuff. Persona 5 would do great on every other platform, and despite this weird exclusivity they come out with persona 4 golden ONLY on PC and have yet to even have it on ps4/5.

Dec 11, 2017
Considering Persona isn't the most taxing game around, not releasing P4G and P5/P5R on the Switch has to be tied up contractually somewhere. It makes zero business sense to do otherwise. Like we can say Atlus make no sense, but honestly there has to be a contractual reason that isn't public.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Considering Persona isn't the most taxing game around, not releasing P4G and P5/P5R on the Switch has to be tied up contractually somewhere. It makes zero business sense to do otherwise. Like we can say Atlus make no sense, but honestly there has to be a contractual reason that isn't public.

Games have been exclusive with or without any exclusivity clauses, since the beginning of consoles. It is just that most companies expect platforms to give them money to keep that exclusivity these days. Maybe Atlus doesn't for some reason. Maybe they are just weird or someone making decisions have a beef about selling games on multiple platforms.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
no lies detected, i found a file called portplans.nfo and inside there's just one line that says "THERE ARE NONE"

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
When Sega took over Atlus, I thought that Persona games would be coming left and right to every platform with how they did Yakuza for the last few years.

It just seems like Atlus is actively trying not to make money. A genuinely baffling company.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Could we assume they just want to work on a part 6 right now?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
What do they mean that exclusivity deal is a myth? The idea that Sony has an exclusivity deal on the series they mean? Yeah, I don't know if a dataminer would know anything about that unless they have some kind of other insider info allegedly

Edit: okay, I guess the implication is that they are being told this. Guess I was confused that this was part of a datamine thing.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Looking at config files for references to other hardware isn't really a good way to tell what platforms a game will be on. Engines and assets get reused so traces to other platforms may be left behind. Likewise if you're starting fresh and only coding for one platform you wouldn't expect code for others to be there.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
So even though they are a dataminer do they have insider knowledge somehow? Otherwise I may aswell consult a lucky 8 ball on these matters.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
what-game-is-x-doubt-meme-from.jpg

If it's like a year out there probably wouldn't be anything to datamine yet anyway.

Streusel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Dec 28, 2017
why would atlus port shin megami tensei 5 to pc but not persona 5 if there is no exclusivity deal?
sega should knock some sense into this company.

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
why would atlus port shin megami tensei 5 to pc but not persona 5 if there is no exclusivity deal?
sega should knock some sense into this company.
I mean fair but also, let's not count our chickens before they hatch. For all we know SMTV might also never come out on PC despite the signs. Atlus works in mysterious ways.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
P5R isn't coming because P5 Ultimate is coming! /s

I have no reason to believe this person either way based on their "this isn't going to happen, but it might!" response.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is such a non-tweet that it really doesn't need a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.