• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
The only people who keep repeating this are cronies like Giuliani.

So either Whitaker is just doing dumbass propaganda or is actively hindering the investigation. Hooray.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Mueller's report was supposed to happen before Labor Day?

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Yeah, no.

They always do this every month or so. Talking about how it's close to being completeted. In my opinion, it's to put some pressure on them when they're too close to something juicy.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, no.

They always do this every month or so. Talking about how it's close to being completeted. In my opinion, it's to put some pressure on them when they're too close to something juicy.
What? No.

Rudy Giuliani LEAKS every month that the report is near complete, in order to breed restlessness.

This, however, is DIRECTLY from the guy who's looking over the investigation. And considering how many indictments/raids by Mueller have blindsided the White House, I don't think this Whitaker dude is willing to carry water for Trump. If he was willing to, he would be in Barr's position (going for actual confirmation of the role)

You guys need to chill. I don't see how this could be interpreted as bad news, other than paranoia

Edit: People who think Whitaker is still a puppet haven't been paying attention to how upset Trump has been with Whitaker's performance, and his hands off approach to the investigation.

Edit2: After seeing the updated video, it appears Whitaker's comments are purely based on supposition. So a whole lotta nothing. Lame.

Last edited:

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I highly doubt it's close, maybe a year from now we'll revisit the conversation but we heard this song and dance many times before. They've only just started officially on indicting Roger Stone and he is not the last person on their list to be indicted.

Oct 25, 2017
After the 6 month extension and Stone's equipment being confiscated from multiple locations last weekend? Getting some Giuliani vibes from this.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like once a week or so for like the past 6 months there's always been someone going "I have insider information, and the mueller investigation is about to wrap up!" I'll wait for the real deal.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
It's purposefully seeding the concept that it will happen soon so people can lose patience?

Is that the play here?

hEist

Oct 26, 2017
nope, only believe it if Mueller says:" I'm done."
everything else is just bullshit.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Hot take: Whitaker is a stooge and the Special Counsel knows it so they aren't telling him everything.

Mj1108

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: People who think Whitaker is still a puppet haven't been paying attention to how upset Trump has been with Whitaker's performance, and his hands off approach to the investigation.

Plus, if he's been briefed with information on the investigation from the SC, once the info was learned he probably realized he had to step back and let it play out since he doesn't want to go to prison too.

Hot take: Whitaker is a stooge and the Special Counsel knows it so they aren't telling him everything.

This is probably what has really happened since he's only acting AG and has never been confirmed by Congress.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can see news reports of Mueller being "almost done" going back months.

I'll wait to hear it from his mouth himself, when he's actually done.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
It would be pretty remarkable if the investigation actually ended anytime soon. Special counsels tend to go on for quite a while, and this one certainly has no shortage of leads to pursue.

atd-INDICTMENTS-0125.png

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whitaker is probably trying to pressure Mueller to put all the blame on Stone, Manafort, etc, and to end the investigation just short of indicting any inner circle Trump family members.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere

Wasn't there a report recently saying Whitaker and Mueller were close friends and it freaked out Trump because he wasn't aware of that before he appointed him?

Or shit, maybe that was Barr, I can't remember. Is Barr supposed to take over?

Status
Not open for further replies.