• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which " Similar " to Quantic Dream trilogy PS Exclusives u think can come to PC

• The Order: 1886

Votes: 39 39.0%
  • Until Dawn

Votes: 50 50.0%
  • Spiderman

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • Resistance Series

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Ratchet and Clark Series

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Heavenly Sword

Votes: 24 24.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
DguZ05bXkAE8Tk-.jpg

After the surprise announcement that was thought by a lot of people to be impossible before that Quantic Dreams PS exclusive titles ( Heavy rain , Beyond Two souls , Detroit Become Human ) will come to PC , Which " Similar " PS Exclusive titles u think will find its way to PC

By Similar I mean a game/IP that is

- Trademarked or Published by Sony
- Developed by a studio not owned by Sony

According to the Epic Store pages of the Quantic Dream games , Heavy Rain is a Trademark of Quantic Dream ( but sony still mentioned somehow )

Heavy-Rain.jpg

- Beyond Two souls and Detroit are listed as a trademark of Sony

Detroit.jpg

Beyond.jpg

Also outside of Quantic Dream games , Both Journey and Flower are listed as Sony trademark games in Epic Store

Journey.jpg

Flower.jpg

I ran out of poll choices , So if u have another game not in the poll then please mention it

Rorschacht

Oct 30, 2017
- Developed by a studio not owned by Sony

You should remove Bloodborne then, that one was coodeveloped with Japan Studio which is first party.
Instead add Death Stranding.
EDIT: The Insomniac games minus Spiderman too, there has been some spin-offs of both Resistance and Ratchet and Clank which weren't developed by Insomniac, Sony gave the permission.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Probably nothing. The situation for Quantic Dream is completely different than any of those other developers.

Deleted member 34239

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 24, 2017
You can go ahead and remove Spiderman from your poll. The only way you'll see the current game on PC is via emulation.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
The Order, Until Dawn and Heavenly Sword are the only ones I see possibly happening.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Gimmie the Resistance series. Would love to play those on M/KB instead of a DualShock alongside the other various benefits the game would have by being on PC.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Quantic Dream wanted to go multiplatform and they have no games they can use to try and build a pitch for that. Sony did them a favor by licensing out their games.

Every other studio on that list is ALREADY multiplatform. Insomniac doesn't need Sony's help to make a go at multiplatform development, nor does From.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Until Dawn? I don't know, it seems like it would be completely up to Sony and that is a very difficult entity to predict.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
We just had a thread like this a few days ago, and port pegging thread are not allowed.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Until Dawn will probably make the jump. Supermassive also went multiplatform and doesn't seem Sony is interested on them anymore.

I'd definitely would welcome the game on a platform where it doesn't run like molasses, anyway.
Until Dawn uses Guerilla's engine, so no way that gets ported.
Guerrila's Engine is multiplatform-capable.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Aw. There's still a chance, though. Sony owns the trademarks for stuff like Detroit: Become Human and Journey, and those are coming to PC.

Sony licensed those games out to QD and Epic as a favor to help them go solo, though. It's not like Sony's just gonna go "EVERYTHING IS ON PC NOW!"

Until Dawn will probably make the jump. Supermassive also went multiplatform and doesn't seem Sony is interested on them anymore.

I'd definitely would welcome the game on a platform where it doesn't run like molasses, anyway.

Supermassive said they're working on a project with Sony as well, I believe.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most of them seem very unlikely to me for one reason or another. The only ones I feel might have a chance of coming to PC at some point are Until Dawn and The Order. They're both made by devs who've relatively recently made the switch to multiplat, neither is so huge or intrinsically linked to the platform that Sony would absolutely want to keep them exclusive and I could see both doing well on PC (they're both graphical powerhouses and there aren't many other games like Until Dawn on the platform).

Spiderman is too recent and too big, Bloodborne is too popular, Resistance and Ratchet are too tied up with the Playstation brand, Heavenly Sword is probably too old at this point and Ninja Theory being owned by Microsoft now might be a problem. (Though I would love a Heavenly Sword re-release on PC. Preferably with upgraded graphics. Imagine what Nariko's hair would look like with TressFX!)

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
None of them.

Quantic Dream's trio of games are a very different story compared to everything else that Sony publishes/develops.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any 3rd party dev that used to work with Sony and is now going multiplatform with games similar to their previous titles are fair game as long as the IPs have not been massive successes.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
The similarity you'd be looking for is where

a) a studio that had been making games only for sony for a while, goes multiplat again
b) needs to make money and/or build audience
c) is dependent on their past work to do that, and really wants to utilise the work they did with sony toward that aim
d) the games involved are not a 'going concern' for sony without the studio (i.e. sony has no franchise interest, or couldn't continue without the original developer)

Those are the circumstances where sony seems to allow this to happen.

Given all that, I'm not sure any in the poll fit. Death Stranding is a game I can think of that might fit that bill sometime in the future though.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

They actually have several PS exclusives in development

Well, our relationship with Sony is still excellent. We are working on several unannounced PlayStation exclusives. True, it is impossible to talk about them in detail. In general, I really wanted to present our work to the widest possible audience. That is, The Dark Pictures needs to be released on several platforms.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.ne...e-games-playstation-exclusives-in-development

Danlord

Oct 29, 2017
The only one at all on that list (which I voted for) will be The Order 1886. The rest are either owned by Sony, use Sony proprietary tech or with an exclusive license and perhaps a mixture of all 3.
But I would love any renewed interest in Heavenly Sword if it meant it could get is a sequel šŸ˜Š
The Order 1886 would look stunning in full 4K 60fps and optional black bar removal would make for some incredible screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.