• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the big ass news of Microsoft getting Zenimax/Bethesda do you think Sony should counter by going after a big developer/publisher they've worked closely with like Square Enix or Capcom? It would add a lot to their portfolio if that was the case and Square is already pretty close with Sony as is.

What do you think?

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I don't want them to but they've probably at least been strongly considering it

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Like I said in other thread, if Sony goes for Square Enix, they MUST get the Eidos side as well. I think that's where most of the value is, in those IPs. If they're only going for the japanese side, they better spend their money somewhere else.

THE QUIET MAN: DIE QUIETER by Naughty Dog

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I don't feel like they need to buy 3rd party companies? There first party line up is strong enough to carry them on the exclusive side. I see them making more marketing and maybe timed exclusive deals though

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No, Jesus. First party studios need to stop buying third parties all together. Let everyone enjoy the games.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Dunno but they should sure as fuck stop paying to have content not on Xbox. It's a waste for a pretty crappy gain

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
I have no issue with Microsoft signing up studios. But if Sony get their mits on it they will force good games to not come to PC. Which sucks. So no thanks.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
but before it does, i think this is bad for the industry tbh. sets a really big precendence

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Why in god's name would they need to buy a Japanese mega-publisher? There is no benefit to them, Japan doesn't care about the Xbox.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Can Sony even spend 7.5B on anything?
If acquisitions like this continue it will be a real shame it forces Sony out.
I know it's a bit early for that type of talk. Just the shock talking.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Please do not create reaction threads. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.