• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

After watching the War Steam, how likely are you to buy Marvel's Avengers in the first month?

• Definitely

Votes: 34 12.6%
  • Probably

Votes: 35 13.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 41 15.2%
  • Probably not

Votes: 66 24.4%
  • Definitely not

Votes: 84 31.1%
  • Literally no idea

Votes: 10 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I'll buy it on PS5, but I don't think it looks very good tbh.

I'm just in it for the IP and loot.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Already had it preordered on Steam

If I end up getting a PS5, I'll get it there too

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Went down from probably to maybe. Only thing keeping it from Not Likely is waiting for reviews and the Cyberpunk delay.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
game looks super rough rn

from experience, it's better to wait and let these gaas type games undergo a bunch of updates to improve it. give it like a year or so and the experience will be way better than at launch. game will be cheaper by then too.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Probably in November or December when the next gen-patch is out.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm thinking I should wait for sale or at least for ps5 or Xsx.
Now if Black Panther is out at launch then maybe?

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks super boring so I'll probably play it once is 20 bucks. Without the IP this game would be doa, but the name alone is gonna sell as we have seen proof before.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are we only getting Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Black Widow and Kamala? Might be a no for me until GOTY edition

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not.....

BUT, if the technical issues still being seen in today's trailer are vastly improved at release, and the combat turns out to be more engaging than it appears, I'd consider getting it to co-op with some friends for a bit before we all lose interest and go back to our other GaaS ecosystems we're entrenched in.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Probably. It looks a bit janky, but it also looks fun, and that's all that matters to me. I'll wait a bit for reviews and people's opinion about the progression system and that kind of stuff, though.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I like a good loot game, so it depends on how good it is and how repayable it is. Will probably wait for sale or Game Pass launch.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
No. I might probably never play it just like Anthem. It looks shitty and I don't want another GaaS game.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe, so disappointing

Narrative will be not as good as Spider-Man because of the game design, like Anthem or Destiny...

And gameplay wise, it looks not good but it could be fun with a friend

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Very, very unlikely. A Destiny knockoff but with Marvel characters just sounds elementally unappealing to me, especially given how bland the roster is.

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
I'm surprised Square Enix did not provide some insight on making an action battle interesting. FFVIIR excelled in the battle gameplay. Avengers could have benefitted a lot from that knowledge.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
It looks janky so I will wait for a discount if I even bother with it. I would have bought it anyway if it had a free-roam city setting though.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Nope. I'll just get Miles Morales for my Marvel itch, and hedge by bets on Rocksteady being able to pull off this premise better.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I could hardly watch the stream because the stream quality was awful, I need to see it uploaded in it's most pristine form.

But even then, yeah probably.

Mossiah

Aug 28, 2018
New York
game looks rough around the edges at the moment so i'm no sure if i'll buy at all to be honest. maybe on a sale, or if my impressions are mistaken.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Anthem had great gameplay and looks great but bombed because of design issue and content.
This one seems to have boring gameplay and doesn't look great. Let's see how design and content will be, but I am really not interested ATM.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks fun but that's mainly the coop, the singleplayer looks boring as hell. Though I was more interested in the multiplayer anyways.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Buying because of the heroes, really don't like many things about this game.
If there was literally anything else I wanted to play around this time-frame I wouldn't be getting it.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The beta and any performance improvements will probably be the reason I get it or not.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
Prob not but If I hear the game on PS5 is great then yeah I will prob get it eventually. Not sure that is going to happen though, it looks rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.