• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Regarding all the possibilities of the new gen, all the talk about the amazing PS5's ssd and all the power they will delivery how do you think PC games will look against PS5 and Series X?

Mike Double U

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
giphy.gif

Last edited:

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I bought into the hype a bit. By the time devs really start taking advantage of the SSDs, if that time ever comes, then the PCs will have already caught up.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Very well.

Especially once the 2020 GPUs get released which may end up surpassing the consoles at least on the high end. Every year after PCs will slowly gain and surpass just like this gen. Consoles are best at what they do, affordability for that years/prior years hardware available

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
It'll be fine, while PS5 might have an SSD advantage at the start of the gen - like for a year, maybe - even Sony admits that eventually PC SSDs will be better, and obviously already PC has faster CPUs and GPUs.

As always, if you want the *best* looking and running games, you need a high-end PC.

Nov 5, 2017
I still have to see Digital Foundry's deep dive and analysis into the performance to make my final judgement. At the moment, I don't have an opinion.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Can't tell unless a game like R&C A Rift Apart comes to PC.

I'd love to have full levels load at 1 to 4 seconds like that. Going to SSD made playing through Deus Ex Mankind Divided a lot easier, but it still had loading screens. Thankfully the animations seemed to stop when the loading was done. Batman Arkham Knight though? They don't care how fast a SSD finish loading. You will watch those death animations and you will learn to hate it silently.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I mean based off what we've seen it looks about what I'd expect out of a high end PC these days but I really gotta see things first hand to say for certain and by the time I'm able to we'll have a whole new set of PC components on the market so...

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about PC but PC2 should be right around the corner, then we'll talk!

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda have the feeling these threads happen every 5-6 years and the result was always the same.

Daddy JeanPi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Like i said before: nothing i saw from the first xbox showcase and sony's showcase made me feel like they are impossible of achieving on current hardware.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
My guess is that there might be some games that load a bit faster on the consoles, at least for the first year or so, then PC will catch up.

But there's going to be some 30FPS games at launch for the consoles that PC will be able to do at 60FPS, and some people will be confused as to why the PC can do that but consoles can't.

The gap is closer than it was at the beginning of this gen, but I don't think we're at the PC/360 closeness.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I've been wondering if PS5/PC ports are gonna get to a point where the PC requirements will require an SSD?

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest none of the games really wowed me in a way people were hyping up the event.

The hype ended up making the reveals look average tbh.

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
My PC has died right after I finished to watch the presentation. PS5 SSD is so fast that killed it months before the console launch.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I think once the benchmarks come out people will see the predictable results that PCs are going to keep up with and surpass consoles yet again. When the 3000 RTX line drops, the proprietary SSDs are going to become a meme.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Is the PS5 powerful enough for multiple ray tracing effects at 4k30fps? Like ray traced reflections + shadows + GI + debris all together?

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
The only think I saw from the PS5 event that might highlight something unique was what I expected which was Racthet showcasing the speed tranferring between worlds. Raytracing, graphics and certainly frame rates can already be exceeded by the PC.

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Watched the conference on my PC yesterday. Got it so shook it doesn't power on. Calling Sony Customer support atm.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
It's like people never went through a new console release cycle before.

Come on. The answer is obvious: PC is doooooomed. Duh.

LATOTHEBAY

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
I have an SSD for years already and honestly, a faster SSD sounds great but I never, ever have thought to myself I needed faster load times in any game. Ever. I'm getting on PS5 on release but will likely still be getting multiplats on PC and PS5 for exclusives.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a mountain of neat stuff to play so I couldn't care less about which looks better.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
3080ti with the new processors about to come out and a fast SSD, will be more powerful while running everything 4k 60 on ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.