• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
It looks like a Demon's Souls remaster may be coming to PlayStation 4. During a new episode of Sacred Symbols: A PlayStation Podcast, host Colin Moriarty -- a former IGN editor with a long and notable history of reporting on PlayStation -- seemingly teased that a Demon's Souls remaster for PS4 is not only in the works, but may be announced very soon.

"There was one game in particular, a remaster coming out for PlayStation 4, that I thought they [Sony] were going to announce today [at State of Play], but they didn't. I don't know what they are waiting for with that one. Let's just say the soul still burns with that one."

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always found remasters from only one generation prior a bit superfluous, but with PS5/Scarlett coming and maybe a Switch port too, it could make sense.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I doubt it, unless "soon" is five months away from now when the PS5 event happens.

Releasing Demon's Souls Remastered as a PS4 exclusive would be so dumb.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thread is bound to be locked due to the source but has any of the rumours sourced from Colin in the last few months/years been true?

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would take even a simple remaster on the PS4/5 but please be a full remake with shiny new graphics!

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh Colin Moriarty. That's a name I've not heard in a while, thankfully. Don't know how credible he is though.

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given the state of DeS on RPCS3, I hope the remaster in question isn't DeS. Would prefer full-blown remake at some point.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls runs pretty awfully so a remake like Dark Souls 1's would be welcome. I hope they don't change the lighting again though.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Switch port? Demon's Soul is a Sony first party game.

I'm aware, just saying that one-generation-later high-priced ports are a bit annoying this generation. It makes already much more sense with a 2-3 generation gap, unless they are bringing the games to new platforms altogether (not that they will probably do that).

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
I highly doubt and don't want it to be a remake.

This was my first Souls game back in 09 and I just want to replay it a decade later at 60 fps.

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019
He calls it a remaster but it might very well be a remake.Especially, if it's Bluepoint like some suspect.

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure if they do it, it will be closer to a remake than a remaster.
I hope so, and it's hard to parse out how extensive a "remaking" anything will get ahead of time, because most of the time people and PR play pretty fast and loose with the distinction between remake and remaster. And the distinction is ultimately kind of subjective in the first place.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
No way they were going to announce anything big on the State of Play. That would get announced either by itself or at a big show.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's by Bluepoint and similar to Shadow of the Colossus in approach (a remake).
Demon's had a lot of cheese strategies that need to be removed, almost all bosses have cheap ass way of killing them.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
2030: still rumours about Demon's Souls remaster...

Let it be a PS5 remake pls

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I am pretty sure that a remake is being done by bluepoint at this point, but this source is banned on era.

No way they were going to announce anything big on the State of Play. That would get announced either by itself or at a big show.
sony wants state of play to become a bigger thing as evident by FF7R re reveal in the second State of Play and The Last of Us part II release date trailer in the latest one. it just takes them to have new announcemnet when almost every PS4 game is already annnounced.
I mean Sony has plenty of experience with that kind of stupidity (GT6, Puppeteer, Sly 4, GoW Ascension etc.).
to be fair, PS5 is backwards compatible, those decisions seemed stupid because you couldnt play those on the next gen system, as opposed to now.

Oct 27, 2017
I respectfully disagree about the idea that announcing Demon's Souls Remake for PS4 would be mismanaged. Quite the opposite, I don't know why we should have to wait for PS5 to play a game like that. Also you're not promoting a new platform like the PS5 with a remake, even if Demon's Souls is hype.

If it wasn't for the crazy upcoming Q1 lineup of exclusives (Nioh 2, TLOU 2, FF7 Remake), I would say Demon's Souls Remake would fit perfectly there (like SOTC Remake in Feb. 2018) but I'll go with a spring 2020 release <3

Last edited:

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I want Ratchet & Clank 2 and Demon's Souls remaster for PS4, I don't trust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.