• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Jeremy

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I edited the statement.

I will ask for the thread to be locked. Sorry to offend.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta admire the patience and work needed to apply makeup almost on a constant basis. I feel its too much work just to wash your face, brush teeth, blowdry my hair and apply some gel, then maybe put some sunscreen or moisturizer on.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
QJMtwFz.png

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I love her, and I love how she speaks about it.

There's a confidence that comes with taking care of yourself, and I think she's wonderfully inspirational to even let tweens or girls who enjoy these videos to also see a down to earth side to an inspirational and lovely young politician.

Girls need more role models than just Hollywood celebrities; and this is a great example for Vogue to put up.

Please don't close this thread 🥀

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I remember reading a blurb in the Time article (I think) where she was featured on the cover that when she tweeted out which red lipstick she used it instantly sold out online. Thought that was pretty cool.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I was not prepared for bulldog smooch at the end. Nor the amount of effort that goes into this.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think most makeup videos make the political stakes of beauty explicit like this.

I fully admit that I am ignorant about this though. I only know about the genre from academic research into unboxing videos about 5 years ago. Maybe they have evolved.

There are plenty of examples of people out there doing make up tutorials that are anything but vapid. At their heart, they can touch on things like self identity, self esteem and social constructs. It can mean a lot to people.

It's not meant as an attack on you, this video is great and I am glad you shared it.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
One friend of mine also do make up videos, where the actual make up is just an excuse to talk about diverse topics, and people are super receptive to them, a lot of peope try to evoque this feeling, but actually this kind of videos really feel like a friend chatting with you

Status
Not open for further replies.