• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Apparenly this turned into a thing after last week's reveal?
I started to realize some odd tweets...then some reddit posts, that mentioned her "fat cheeks", talking about how her face looks bad from "certain angles", how Sony's female characters are "less feminine" nowadays (mentioning Abby of course), etc. Of course this ended up getting closed:

Then this tweet ended up going kind of viral during the weekend, to the point that it has more retweets than likes by how ridiculous it all is. And no...this isn't a parody, considering the guy is screaming about his "freedom of speech":

This is actually quite dangerous...and shows how addicted we are to these totally unrealistic face apps. Can you imagine Aloy looking like a model in a post-apocalyptic world? lmao

Even developers started to comment on this during the past few days:

Jaffe also made a video commenting on this and how ridiculous it all is and how people still want female characters to fulfill gamer's sexual fantasies instead of more diverse, realistic looks.

The positive is that it's a new meme and some are having fun with it:

Others are taking notice on how female characters in general are usually so criticized when they are revealed:

What do you all have to say about this?

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think those "criticizers" never ever met a woman in real life.

rucury

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
I don't think we should even entertain these idiots... It's obviously idiotic, what else is there to say?

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
These people have never interacted with a woman outside of a twitch streaming writing their username on her leg.

Astrates

Sep 13, 2020
People are pathetic and continue to disappoint.

My characters appearance doesn't make a game more or less fun.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Incels. Pathetic excuses of human beings. No reason to give them the time of day.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Body shaming has no place anywhere really, and Aloy looks great, but she does look quite different in Forbidden West than in Zero Dawn.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Aloy was trending on Twitter for this reason unfortunately. But yeah, no need to give that particular Twitter user attention

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
It's just "gamers" being gamers. They want something perfect to look at if they have to play a female protagonist.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
That fan made "correction" is especially embarrassing like for everyone - even I feel embarrassed looking at it.

Deleted member 27647

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That "hire fans lol" comment is really funny because all the dude who made that image did was edit an existing photo. Not sure what kind of role that could get you at a game development studio haha. But yeah, this kind of thing is embarrassing. Women in video games should be allowed to look like average human beings instead of instagram models.

This did make me realise just how many Sony franchises are set in a post-apocalyptic world. These protags deserve a better live. 😭

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I really hate "gamers" in this instance. So pathetic.

Just note those type of dudes and flag them as incels. That's what they are at the end of the day. Mad that they can't have their misogynist fantasy on every piece of media ever.

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Why can't she do make-up? She might be in a post apocalyptic world. But with some charcoal you can create some eyeliner and with some berries some lipstick.

You need to look good when taking on robots!

:p

OP
OP
Tiago Rodrigues

Tiago Rodrigues

Banned
Nov 15, 2018

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I can't even identify the bad reasons for this sort of behaviour, let alone try and begin to understand them.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
We got some posts like that here on Era as well, on one of the 2 HFW State of Play threads...so we shouldn't dismiss it.

Edit: Wonder if that poster got banned

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
People must be pretty fucking bored with their lives to make a deal out of that. No one should have to be anyone else's expectations.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Please don't change a thing about her GG. Even David Jaffe defended Aloy lol. That pic with her smiling is creepy.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
These dudes don't even like how alloy looks in the first game. I've Sen the face mods for it on pc

Oct 31, 2017
And there continues a trend of a guy with "alpha" in their title breaking down because there are a lot of comments saying he's dumb and not realizing the irony of asking people to not sugar coat the truth.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Well she obviously looks somewhat different. But why would that be a problem?

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
If you look through his twitter feed, you'll see that this is fueled by fanboyism.

Somehow making this even more pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.