• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WTF..... since when did one of the relatives of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. become a major supporter of Trump??? Here's an op-ed written by her that got published by the conservative paper Washington Examiner where she argues that Trump is moving the nation toward police reform and racial justice:

www.washingtonexaminer.com

Trump is moving the nation toward police reform and racial justice - Washington Examiner

In his “I Have a Dream” address of August 1963, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. called for an end to the scourge of racism in the United States. Although our nation has made significant progress in the 57 years since Rev. King’s speech, the unjust murder of George Floyd proves there is still much work

Trump is moving the nation toward police reform and racial justice
by Alveda King
June 22, 2020

As President Trump works toward building a more perfect union, America can dream again. Immediately after Floyd's brutal death, Trump made clear that he is fully committed to ensuring justice will be served for George and his family — that he will not have died on that gray pavement in vain. "Equal justice under the law," the president said, "must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement, regardless of race, color, gender, or creed."

Powerful words like this matter, coming from our leaders. Trump knows, as my uncle Dr. King knew, that with God's help, humans have the ability to have our hearts and minds transformed and thereby heal the wounds of division.

Unlike most leaders in Washington, Trump backs up his words with action — often by executive decisions. Last Tuesday, the president signed an Executive Order on Safe Policing for Safe Communities. This landmark order takes unprecedented steps to strengthen relations between law enforcement and the communities they serve.

I look forward to Trump working with Congress on additional measures in the days and weeks ahead. Police reform is an issue relevant to every American. It requires a bipartisan solution and open hearts.

I am grateful that Trump is the one leading to bring about this change. The president's aspirational leadership is helping restore and renew the true promise of America. We must set aside our partisan divisions and come together in support of the noble pursuit of justice that Trump is undertaking. The American people can accomplish anything when we stand united.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
No matter your background, you aren't immune to delusional thoughts.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
since when did one of the relatives of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. become a major supporter of Trump?
A long time back if I recall correctly. This isn't something new or shocking for her from what I remember.

EDIT:
There will always be people like this who will say these kinds of things and will be given attention because they are related to someone famous. A relative of Ali was recently talking about how Ali wouldn't have supported BLM and then gave some all lives matter kind of spiel.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
the first sentence alone is pure dogshit and doesn't align with reality whatsoever. no thanks.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Also note she voted for Trump in 2016. She also once claimed MLK Jr was a Republican. She's also been a pro-life activist since the late 80s

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
She's been like this forever. She's been heavily involved with the GOP for years and flaunted as a prop. This is not new from her. Honestly not even worth a thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunate, but nieces and nephews should not really be expected to be anything like their uncles and aunts, neither via nature or nurture.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
What was the name of Obama's relative that the Right used as a doll to gin up support for Trump again?
Same energy.
e; goddamn xxracerxx

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did not know that the niece of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is a supporter of Trump and is a Republican until now, I'm sorry for posting this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.