• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you be disappointed if Zelda isn't playable in BOTW2?

• I would be bummed

Votes: 112 34.0%
  • Meh, I'm fine with Link being the only playable character

Votes: 217 66.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I know one of the things people want to be able to do in BOTW2 is play as Zelda, but for me personally I don't really care. I'm perfectly content with just playing as Link like usual.

I want to know who on ERA wants Zelda playable vs who doesn't/cares if she is.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
No, I'm pretty sure Aonuma doesn't care either

(I wouldn't be angry, but I'd be disappointed. I have low expectations tho)

Agentnibs

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be mad, maybe a little disappointed because playing as zelda could create some interesting gameplay scenarios. In either case I'll still buy the game.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
f208e85cbc328615753e324220595fac.gif

I'm just glad they're making another one.

Sorbete

Oct 30, 2017
Wanted playable Zelda since TP, not expecting anything really so I guess I don't care, probably. I don't know.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
As a kid Zelda was one of my most influential role models in gaming and even now she's one of my favorite characters. As a woman, I want to play as Zelda because it's an issue of female representation and because she's a badass.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, out of the 10 million people that bought BOTW, you are the last holdout and are the reason it won't happen.

Roliq

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 23, 2018
Don't know why angry is the only choice, most people would be disappointed

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
I don't really care about Zelda being playable but I think it would be cool to have different character options or transformation abilities.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more interested in a playable female Link myself.

But I guess that ship has sailed for now since this is a direct sequel.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's probably the only way I would buy the game.

I really disliked BOTW for multiple reasons and largely plan to skip Zelda until/if they do a more classic style game...however I would buy BOTW2 if only to support a playable Zelda.

Voted Angry, but it's more like slight disappointment and move on.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
Yes OP you are the only one in this whole wide galaxy.

Also weird poll options. I wouldn't be angry, but very disappointed.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see Zelda playable, it would be cool, though I wouldn't be upset if she's not.

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I only would care if she brings some interesting new game mechanics to boost the gameplay. If she is just a change of skin for Link, I just don't care.

Knowing how Nintendo prioritize gameplay over anything, if Zelda happens to be playable is because she has a gameplay reason to be, not just because she looks different to Link or there is some kind of story reason for that to happen. They don't design their games that way.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Either she is or she isnt, id still buy it. Though if given the choice between her and link I would pick Zelda.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Never seen the appeal in playing as Zelda. Link is the MC and I'm fine with him always remaining that way.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I probably should of made it I would be disappointed vs angry, unless a mod could add that in...

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I feel so torn on this topic. I know getting to play as Zelda/a female character in a LoZ game is really important to a lot of people, but I personally have no interest to and really only want to play as (male) Link.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i find it weird people get incensed over prospect of playing a zelda game as... link

like, i get it, fan conjecture is fun but it's a weird expectation to make requisite

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I wouldn't be "Angry" but I would be bummed.

I'll forever harp on the series being called "The Legend of Zelda" despite the titular character basically doing jack all.

Pascal

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I really hope Nintendo includes Zelda as a playable character this time around. But Nintendo is stubborn so idk.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with it being just Link for the main adventure. An unlockable Zelda as a new game plus sorta thing like Luigi in Galaxy would be cool though.

Nov 17, 2017
I don't understand the poll. Why can I only be angry if she's not playable or not care whatsoever?

Playable Zelda would be cool as hell. I don't expect it to happen but I welcome it. If she isn't, I won't lose sleep over it but I do "care."

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I don't mind, but it would be pretty awesome. Esp cause in the first game she was kept down and not able to fight like she wanted. It makes sense for her to finally be able to do what she wants and fight.

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure any Zelda fan cares...we just want dungeons and temples, big ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.