• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Are we sure this isn't a joke?

Edit: So I didn't know who she was, I assumed she was just making a joke that she didn't have to deal with american politics for 4 years because she was studying abroad, and now I looked her up so....woof, that changes the context a little.

Corralx

Aug 23, 2018
London, UK
I'm Italian and all I'm gonna say is: A girl died because of her actions, and this narcissistic sociopath got away by blaming an innocent man and running to the US. The fact that instead of looking for justice they made her famous and celebrated her is a nice recap of pretty much everything that's wrong with the US.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
This piece of shit should shut the fuck up forever. She'd be in jail today if she weren't a US white woman.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
It's clearly a joke but it's at least an inappropriate one right now.
Uh, so...I felt like I was missing some context here and I looked her up and....woof.

I was thinking she was just making an offhand joke about how she hasn't had to deal with America's politics because she was studying abroad. I didn't know about the fucking murder. I'll edit my post.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I'm Italian and all I'm gonna say is: A girl died because of her actions, and this narcissistic sociopath got away by blaming an innocent man and running to the US. The fact that instead of looking for justice they made her famous and celebrated her is a nice recap of pretty much everything that's wrong with the US.
That's a surprisingly coherent take. This woman should, for once, stay quiet and just...don't. Whatever she's thinking or wanting to communicate...don't.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
That is quite terrible thing to say. Innocent or not (and I followed the trial, and there are a lot to doubt here), people suffered for the loss of the young Meredith. She could have avoided that tweet.

Tattarus

Mar 16, 2018
Italy
This...
Mi hai rubato le parola da bocca/I was about to say the same thing.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
'Foxy Knoxxy' just couldn't shut the fuck up, eh?

Didn't a black guy end up taking the full rap for this?

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Shit tweet, but as someone who's not from Italy and only watched the documentary, the venom in this thread is surprising. The smear job the media did on her was something else. Awful trial too.

Jan 31, 2018
I may be biased because I'm Italian and our media have always heavily suggested that she's guilty but yeah, I don't have many doubts about it.
It's fascinating how biased media coverage works. The narrative here in North America framed the situation such that it seemed like a grossly incompetent Italian police force were framing her. Which was made a lot more believable after the whole witch hunt and persecution of those Italian geologists after that earthquake. Incidentally, they completely ignored or downplayed her false accusation against Patrick Lumumba.

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Feel free to actually research the trial, acquittal, and subsequent lawsuits and investigations settled against the Italian authorities.
Dude, I have followed the trial, read a lot of articles and watched a lot of documentaries about it... saying that it was a sham is a blatant lie. If you wanna say something so distant from reality, you have to show us some receipts.

Oct 26, 2017
Big
If_I_did_It_2.png
energy.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, I have followed the trial, read a lot of articles and watched a lot of documentaries about it... saying that it was a sham is a blatant lie. If you wanna say something so distant from reality, you have to show us some receipts.
You have a point, but it's 3 AM here and the only thing I have enough energy for at this point is to spam refresh at election results until my body shuts down.

Status
Not open for further replies.