• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
73 victims and counting. I never felt any symptoms, and I am twice vacinnated. Got a rendez-vous with a pneumologist on the 9th of December. I feel like shit. I never know I caught COVID nor did I know I could spread it. Always wore a mask, sterilized my hands, etc. This comes as a huge shock to me. I never had any symptoms, nor did I feel sick. But I do have a mental help team, and through them they could zero down on the people I could have infected.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
You did everything you possibly could have--your team will tell you in more professional way, but please don't beat yourself up over this.

Last edited:

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
If you aren't in the selective few countries with competent contact tracing, there's really no way for you to know you had covid if you haven't got symptoms.

It's not on you if you unknowingly got Covid and unknowingly spread it to other people.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Was it COVID or syphilis?

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly this isn't something you should be posting, you need to take a step back and talk this through with a doctor or a therapist or some thing..

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
What the hell is goin on here.

how does one know how many people they for-sure infected? We're you at a thanksgiving party with 73 people???

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How would one even know something like this for sure? That seems like such a precise number. How can you even know if you're the reason all of those people got it, and if some of those people died from it, were they vaccinated?

This doesn't make any sense to me.

What the hell is goin on here.

how does one know how many people they for-sure infected? We're you at a thanksgiving party with 73 people???
Glad I'm not the only one.

HungryYellow

Alt account
Banned
Nov 11, 2021
No. I'm not ok. People died from my infection and I feel responsible.
I understand feeling that way. Consider that you did everything you could to prevent transmission—that really matters. This virus just finds a way. You were one in a long line of many individuals the virus had passed through. You did nothing wrong.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OP, I don't know if this thread will be a positive influence on your mental health

But you got yourself vaccinated. You did what you need to do to limit the spread. Unfortunately, breakout infections will still occur

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You did your part in the ways that you could. Try not to guilt yourself, nothing good will come of it.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
You had no idea and please don't think of yourself as being equal to Covid-denier/anti-vax person. Sadly a large party of this lays on our officials who took too long to authorize the boosters for everyone. It allowed that window to open up where your antibodies were just low enough you could get infected and unknowingly spread it as you thought you were protected well enough and were taking every measure necessary outside of continuing to self-quarantine.

If you are in the US you being the source of it for all these people is unlikely unless they were all literally in sealed bubbles, you were going about your daily life, and they were only let out of their sterile environment to interact with you, and you alone. Our contract tracing has been shown to be really, really poor because no one talks to each other and the tracing falls off rather quickly. You really need to get help for this, which it seems like you are from saying you have a mental health team.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
you're not a mass murderer period. this is still a disease and as much as we try to contain it it will spread. its about reason and human decency and not about sterility because, thank god, we wont achieve that.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Most countries in the world are desperately trying to act like things are normal. It's basically impossible to avoid risky behaviors at this point. A lot of blame is put on individual actors, and there's some blame to go around there, but COVID has been a leadership failure almost worldwide. If you did truly infect people who passed from it, I imagine that's a very hard mental thing to deal with. But I don't think it's your fault exactly.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
Why not look at yourself as a victim as well? I mean, someone surely passed it on to you, trace that line far enough and there's probably someone who didn't try and curb the spread through vaccinations, sanitization and the like.

Oct 27, 2017
Are you ok OP? And I don't mean that as a joke, I mean sincerely, are you ok?

This

Was it COVID or syphilis?

But this makes me think this is a weird joke thread?

No, my treatment for syphilis went extremely well. I am glad for the team that I got.

Then this doubles down on me thinking this is a weird joke thread?

So now I'm just confused. How would you know precisely 73 people have caught COVID due to you and only you? Not anyone else? Not any of the other places they've been?

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Op, you are not a mass murderer. You are also a victim of this disease and you had no idea. Please don't think yourself that way.

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To anyone asking, how I know the exact number, it's how many the hospital tracked to me. Like I said I said, I got a meeting with a pneumologist on the ninth. I have a mental health team that visit me every Monsday, Wesnesday and Friday. Plus I got meeting with a psychiatrist regularly. So they they could narrow. I mean, they make my groceries with me.

I still really feel like shit, despite feeling completely alright.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Don't beat yourself over that OP, there are a lot of people out there who have done way more damage and they still don't give a damn. At least you seem to care after the fact.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Not your fault - especially any of the ones who passed that weren't vaccinated. They made that choice - that's on them.

Leclair

May 3, 2021
Denmark
what-the-fuck-is-going-on-whats-going-on.gif

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
How could you have possibly known? It's unreasonable to test yourself whenever you're somewhere where you could possibly get infected.

Don't beat yourself up over this. You had no way of knowing and no reason to assume you had it.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we should just kill everyone who isn't vaccinated at this point
That is not at all what I said. If someone passes from COVID and they made the choice to not get vaccinated without a good medical reason, and they have ample access to vaccinations, I don't feel sorry for them. Just like this fucking forum to need to write a big ass fucking disclaimer to keep the cunts looking for a fight off your ass.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Everyone passes along something that doesn't kill them that kills other people down the line.

how many times did you get a cold and inadvertently pass to someone else? Eventually that cold could kill someone

it's the cost of living in a society.

Also, my general reaction to this is you are overreacting and get a grip on yourself man

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
What's a "mental health team"? Sorry if this seems out of pocket but I've never heard this term.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
You caught a viral disease that can pass onto others even without you knowing. PLEASE try and not blame yourself. I know that's hard to do, but it's truly not in your control

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
you really cant beat yourself up over this. Just think of it this way, students and teachers are forced to go to school all day in an enclosed room for hours at a time. My moms coworker caught covid from a student, but they were forced to be there. People are being forced to be near others during a pandemic regardless of situations. Its nobody's fault really. People can do their best to prevent spread and catching it, but there is no guarantee of 0 spread or infection no matter what you do in a public setting. It sounds like you did everything correctly, there are people out there who purposely try to spread the disease and harm others. Doesnt sound like you

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
That is not at all what I said. If someone passes from COVID and they made the choice to not get vaccinated without a good medical reason, and they have ample access to vaccinations, I don't feel sorry for them. Just like this fucking forum to need to write a big ass fucking disclaimer to keep the cunts looking for a fight off your ass.

My apologies, I see that type of statement pretty often on here. I find the attitude that if you're not vaccinated you're anti-vax and deserve to die to be ludicrous and I made an assumption.

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's a "mental health team"? Sorry if this seems out of pocket but I've never heard this term.
They are a team of social workers, nurses, and other hospital workers. They really help me, especially with my meds. I get med drops daily and take them in front of them.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you're this eager to assign guilt to yourself OP then you're probably going to have anxiety all the time forever, that's not a healthy way to live. Assuming you're not trolling and this isn't some weird joke or bit.

You took proper precautions and did everything you could reasonably do. This fucking awful pandemic is truly a force of nature and people near us have and will die from it. What makes the biggest difference is how much care we take to not make it worse. Consider the following, if you didn't take as much care as you did then you probably would have infected more people. Clearly, a far worse outcome in every way. You made the right choices and what happened after that is FAR less of your responsibility and therefore isn't your burden of guilt to bare.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What kind of team tells a person needing psychiatric care how many people they may have infected?

Status
Not open for further replies.