• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing New Horizons is a great game. I just want to say it first that im not making this thread saying its a bad game. We can do a lot more new stuff in it, outside decoration, move everything as we wish, crafting, its so far a very good game which i really enjoy playing, but, im feeling there are some swing and misses, that i hope will soon get fixed. What for you are your swing and misses so far?
  • No size for fish or insect you catch. Why did this got removed? I mean , id love to know if my 16,1 cm red fish from NL is good! Going with it, could have been a perfect way to use Switch Online for online leaderboards?
  • Switch Online for auction house to sell some items?
  • Speaking again of Switch Online, how about a market people could have submit their own pattern design , sharing them more easily than going threw an app, perhaps even trying to get some bells out of it?
  • Switch Online. Where are the games to play together? Perhaps Tortimer island will be accesible later?
  • Everybody hates weapon durability in BoTW, and this feature makes its way to AC, even for golden tools! Hoping there is some indestructible tools one day
  • One nice feature from BoTW, didnt make it into AC, the camera. Sure you can snap photos, but having a new kind of things to do, like having birds to take photos, trying to snap all the birds for a collection, making frame. A bit of a miss opportinuty here, we still only can catch bugs, fishes and fossils.
  • The bag you can carry, is only decorative. Could have been a perfect way to put your crafting tools in it? Or maybe a clothes bag?
  • No swimming? So catching fishes in water seem to be gone?
  • Campers dont offer games to play, to win stuff.
  • Only got my first camper atm, but there is no way to simply dont want him? Hes ugly lol, a bear that look like Caesar.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Those are valid complaints and improvements but I think this would be better discussed in the OT.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Reading the title all I could think about was missing a tree with an axe and the little recoil animation of my avatar.

Tracker_TD

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking again of Switch Online, how about a market people could have submit their own pattern design , sharing them more easily than going threw an app, perhaps even trying to get some bells out of it?
You don't need the app to share designs afaik; you get that once the Able Sisters is unlocked. The app is for importing designs, because the Switch doesn't have a camera to scan QR codes.
The bag you can carry, is only decorative. Could have been a perfect way to put your crafting tools in it? Or maybe a clothes bag?
While this would've been neat, there's already inventory upgrades so I feel like it's a bit of a moot point.

Jan 15, 2018
Campers do play games, I just got finished playing a game with my camper and she gave me a hat. Your camper also only moves in of you ask them to.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Auction house sounds great in theory but the last time I played a game that implemented one it was Diablo 3 and it literally ruined the game, lol.

Oct 29, 2017
I agree about some of these things. The missing size of fish, art from the museum, and the lack of indestructible golden tools is definitely disappointing. I'm still having fun and the team seems committed to updating/patching and releasing new content. Given how New Leaf had all these wonderful things pop up AFTER the game was released, I have hope that we'll see the same thing happen for New Horizons with time.

Oct 25, 2017
i wish they put an update wherein we can multi craft the same item at once. crafting manila clams, fences etc. are such a pain and time consuming.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Being able to craft multiples of the same item if you have the required materials would be nice.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
  • Switch Online for auction house to sell some items?
  • Speaking again of Switch Online, how about a market people could have submit their own pattern design , sharing them more easily than going threw an app, perhaps even trying to get some bells out of it?
  • Switch Online. Where are the games to play together? Perhaps Tortimer island will be accesible later?
Considering this is a mainline nintendo game, I wouldn't expect any MP Improvements.

If this was any other devloper people could just join your island without loadgates and you wouldn't be restricted in what you can do, but somehow they dissapoint yet again.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Not allowing you to share patterns until you unlock Able Sisters like 2 weeks into the game is a really, really stupid design choice. I've already seen a ton that I want to import, but nobody can generate a share code yet because only time travellers have that function unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.