• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
5mfaAaN.jpg

yOn735G.jpg

There Will Be No Graphics Downgrade For Anthem, Says BioWare (April 2018)

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hub world seems downgraded for sure, but the open world looks remarkably close to their obviously bullshot target render at E3 2017.

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's because I'm jaded but I had literally zero hopes the game would like the first image. There's just no way, honestly.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Comparing graphics on YouTube videos is completely worthless.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Mental note: If I ever develop a game, I must make sure every single screenshot is taken in the same exact location at the exact same time of day

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Someone add up and compare the amount of polygons in each screenshot. Pictures mean nothing, I need numbers.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
It's not even the same part?

Also using Youtube vids to compare graphics should be illegal

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
The fort evolves over time, so hold your outrage till you see the fully evolved fort.

EDIT: But I agree the current fort doesn't seem to hold up graphically to the reveal, but the open world certainly does so I assume the fully evolved fort looks like the E3 demo.

Last edited:

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Developer in shooting for the moon to realise art style as best as possible early in development having to scale back in order to achieve good performance shocker

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Just wait until the game releases, for crying out loud. Even if this IS downgrades, you are literally comparing TWO TRAILERS SHOWN BEFORE RELEASE OF THE GAME. As long as they're showing the actual game before you're putting your money down, it should be fine. Downgrades are a fact of game development.

Also, judging on face value: Those two screenshots just look different. One doesn't look worse than the other.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
There's different amount of people at the hub depending on where you are in the story.

Also different time of day.

It looks the same or better than the initial reveal right now.

Your point is moot. This is Frostbite engine. There will be no downgrade besides trolls posting comparisons that don't make sense.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
  • Youtube clips
  • Not same place
  • Not same time of day
Not saying there isn't a possibility for downgrade, but let us at least wait for fair and proper analysis.

Please no God of War jormungandr/Puddlegate BS.

cirr

Oct 26, 2017
Northern VA
is there a day/night cycle? cause that's what looks like is happening here.

plus it is a bit early for gloom and doom. we should wait for the review thread for that

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The Fort Tarsus footage we got today said over time the city would develop and grow as we completed missions. Perhaps the city gets busier later?

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first part of that demo, always looked fake, with the hub looking extremely alive with so many interactions and detail.
I never expected the hub to look like that and everyone who thought so it was a fool.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Can we make a rule to ban these types of threads until at least a week after release? That way people can actually play the game and have informed opinions

The embarrassment of spider-pool-gate was enough...

Oct 31, 2017
Why does this topic get created for literally every AAA game lol

Downgrades happen. Devs start off ambitious with their visuals then realize that they need to downgrade it a tad (or, in most cases, they couldn't reach the target render) for the game to run properly. They don't downgrade for shits and giggles I don't understand people who make a big deal out of this

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Not this shit again. And by shit I don't mean any "downgrades", I mean the people fucking moaning. There's a lot of actual gameplay footage out there, why not just look at that instead of an old reveal trailer. Gives much better idea about the game.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can we remember the dumb reaction to Spider-Man's puddles last year and wait before causing an uproar?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sick of EA gaems laying 2 us gamers 😡

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Can we at least wait until the game hits? I mean I'm not even a true believer over here and this seems like a pretty sketch comparison.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I was in the alpha and saw plenty of puddles including a very big one. Definitely not downgraded.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Top one is obviously PS5
Obviously..

To me it is more worthwhile to just wait for games to release the be a slave to marketing

Status
Not open for further replies.